NEWS

Miracle Shooter

• 18 Replies

James McMurray

• Omae
« on: <05-10-11/1302:43> »
I'm looking for any info there might be about Miracle Shooter. Two of the players in the group have decided they want to be the best there is at it, and I'm curious what that would entail.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-10-11/1401:35> »
http://youtu.be/3ZcNXe20dXI
Something tells me it would look like that, but dressed up in AR for anyone with a Miracle Shooter participant or observer ID code. I'd rule that the observer IDs are free trial-based so people can watch how much fun folks are having.
I prefer to GM for Role Players not Roll Players

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-10-11/1631:18> »
I wonder how difficult it would be for a technomancer to emulate the Miracle Shooter ARE and ghost into their system on a fake account to play, possibly with abilities outside the bounds of normal player rules.

Tagz

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-10-11/1938:57> »
@Ten-Hex: Hmm... I think if they emulate the ARE it wouldn't give them anything extra.  It's a client more then likely.  Look at current MMOs,   player stutus vs mod status isn't something that is on the client side, it's on the server side to grant the connected user that status.

If a TM or even a regular hacker wanted "god-mode" or anything else like that then they'd have to hack into the system as an Admin and grant their own Access ID higher level privileges.  Totally do-able, but likely to reported by other players and banned. n_n

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <05-10-11/1959:10> »
I wonder how difficult it would be for a technomancer to emulate the Miracle Shooter ARE and ghost into their system on a fake account to play, possibly with abilities outside the bounds of normal player rules.
"HAXXOR!  Total hack!  No way!!!  [Swearing removed at Parental Level Indicated]"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #5 on: <05-11-11/1054:48> »
A non-AR user watching a match might see this.

-k

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <05-11-11/1127:24> »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-14-11/1916:37> »

-k

My god where did you possibly find that link?! I've seen it before somewhere!

Thanks to this thread I'm working on a run involving a hacker assassinating a target through a Miracle Shooter tournament. If the target dies in the game his brain gets fried. Depending on the PCs moral compass they'll either have to try to sabotage the champion/target to ensure he gets killed, enter the tournament to "kill" him personally OR keep a hapless noob/target alive in Miracle shooter to prevent the assassination.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #8 on: <05-14-11/1943:27> »

-k

My god where did you possibly find that link?! I've seen it before somewhere!

Huh. Well, in my defense it's a link to a DIFFERENT video of the same commercial.

-k

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-14-11/1951:34> »
Thanks to this thread I'm working on a run involving a hacker assassinating a target through a Miracle Shooter tournament. If the target dies in the game his brain gets fried. Depending on the PCs moral compass they'll either have to try to sabotage the champion/target to ensure he gets killed, enter the tournament to "kill" him personally OR keep a hapless noob/target alive in Miracle shooter to prevent the assassination.

I like it. Question: if they're supposed to keep him alive, how to prevent the PCs from just taking the guy's trodes off or kidnapping him so he's no longer in the game?
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <05-14-11/1959:04> »
The Johnson's money, and possibly a player's money, is riding on this long-shot winning the tournament, or at least getting to the finals. I'm sure any enterprising shadowrunner worth his rep would try to make a few extra ее by betting on himself.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #11 on: <05-14-11/2007:18> »
Wow, I like it too.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <05-14-11/2023:41> »
Cool, now I just need to think up the format of the tournament. I keep going back to paintball tournaments as inspiration, it gives the players a reason to get close to the target for protection. I'm guessing they'll kneecap all his teammates and then "luckily" show up to replace them.

I remember reading an anecdote in one of the books about an adept being banned from un-modified, un-rigged, old-style racing because of evidence of "unfair magical advantage". I'm wondering if the miracle shooter tournament should have any similar rules to level the playing field. (Disable all cyberwear, mage judges assensing competitors etc.) I think I'll use it as a chance to introduce a new player to the combat in shadowrun without risking her death, disfigurement, or confusion since it'll eliminate most of the complexities of initiative passes.

I'm continuing the paintball theme.
I'm also thinking that I might add a hint of CounterStrike by allowing "CombatPoints" to be earned and traded in for better virtual weapons (Light Pistol to Heavy Pistol to SMG and so on) However I'm concerned that the snowball effect might cause the non-combat characters to be left in the dust by the gunbunnies as the tournament goes on.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #13 on: <05-14-11/2041:35> »
Hmm...I don't know, I sort of think of Call of Duty, it's kinda like the Miracle Shooter of our day.
The gunbunnies might be able to pass old weapons off to teammates?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Exodus

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <05-14-11/2052:55> »
Well if you've ever played CoD at the professional tournament level you'd know that the game has been stripped down to a barely-recognizable skeleton of the retail version.

I've decided to forego the weapons' upgrade idea in leiu of the weapon skill of choice "conveniently" being one that all players posses. In my particular case, it's Pistols.

I'm seriously considering making the "Field" a cordoned off 4 block area of the Barrens or, since my current campaign is taking place in Atlanta, Southtown. Alternatively, the combat could take place in a mall or something. Make it more obviously commercialized instead of the manufactured "street cool" that corps tend to push.

Register