NEWS

Gritty, semi-realistic campaign looking for players.

• 83 Replies

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <05-05-11/0303:09> »
@Redwulfe: I'm having a bit of a writers block here, so I'll pass as to not slow you down

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #46 on: <05-05-11/0716:27> »
@MDP- K, thank you for letting us know if you change your mind later, I can try to work you in possibly.

@ Operator- if you are still game, your in.

@Ethan- mind magics are perfectly welcome in my games, so feel free to use them. they will give the team a good advantage and it is always good to have those advantages.

@Teyl- a you have to do is post stuff about your characters background and see if anyone is interested in linking a connection with you. this is a cooperative game so don't worry about others knowing some things about you. You can still keep some stuff secret as well if you wish. If you are still stuck for connection Ideas I will help out. I really like giving away these free points so I will do my best to guide those who are not use to my style of storytelling.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #47 on: <05-05-11/1046:13> »
OK, currently looking through the unwired optional rules especially the linked attribute rule we are discussing. I think it will be good to use the only thing I am weary about is exploiting a system which i.ve always had a problem with. to make the rules more in line with linked attribute we will probably use the following if it is alright by you.

Linked attribute: you use skill + attribute instead of program. The programs rating limits your hits, like a spells force does. Agents, IC, Sprites and such use their Pilot in place of attribute like in suggested, so basically Firewall plus rating or system plus rating in most cases, and I will add to the rule that node will use system as there attribute like pilot. For example, the opposed test for hacking on the fly would be your Hacking + Logic limited by your exploit the node would get firewall + system limited by its analyse. I think this makes the rules smother and more congruent across all tests and brings it in line with other systems in the game. I will also be using the security tally to make it a bit more interactive and better for hacking on the fly attempts anyway as I have always felt that on the fly hacks are a bit to difficult for well rounded characters especially since a lot of what a hacker wants is restricted to security or admin access.

What do you think?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #48 on: <05-05-11/1104:08> »
Know I'm not in this game, but I never miss an opportunity to nitpick:
Might want to add that if edge is used, the limit on max. hits is removed.

Puts it in line with "spell max hits = force, unless edge is used." and allows a hacker to catch a lucky break.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #49 on: <05-05-11/1134:38> »
yes, yes. Thanks for the point out. Don't know if that is in the base rule in Unwired but if it isn't it will be added. I'll check it out.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #50 on: <05-05-11/1200:19> »
Reporting in! Red, I just sent you a copy of Op's sheet (Karma gen) for your perusal, it needs a few minor adjustments in lifestyle and a rating 6 fake SIN.

Additionally, to everyone here, I can play an imposing troll mage or a human street sam with a disposition conducive towards social engineering. Which one would you find more useful?
« Last Edit: <05-05-11/1257:08> by Operator »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #51 on: <05-05-11/1546:40> »
I tell you, Ive been living long long time withe the idea, that at the beginning, no skill should be higher than linked attribute. So if you want Hacking 5, you need Logic 5. With this, ... program + skill ... is working very well. All my players now this rule...and since Im the one with the rules Ill never tell them, that it is otherwise.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #52 on: <05-05-11/1740:03> »
also checking in. She's evolved into B&E/covert ops mix, I've got her stats totally built and a backstory together explaining her skill levels which i am tweaking, and polishing. currently working on her (advanced) lifesytle. should have something very solid for you by tomorrow.  :D
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <05-05-11/1930:15> »
Question: Are there any free contacts? Some games use Charisma x Charisma as free contact points (total Connection/Loyalty can't exceed charisma).

I already have two standard contacts figured in with my human mage.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <05-05-11/2137:05> »
Not really standard rules apply. I do however look closely at the connection rating of the contact to make sure it is truly representative of the contact, so I may ask for you to adjust it.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <05-06-11/0921:42> »
Linked attribute: you use skill + attribute instead of program. The programs rating limits your hits, like a spells force does. Agents, IC, Sprites and such use their Pilot in place of attribute like in suggested, so basically Firewall plus rating or system plus rating in most cases, and I will add to the rule that node will use system as there attribute like pilot. For example, the opposed test for hacking on the fly would be your Hacking + Logic limited by your exploit the node would get firewall + system limited by its analyse. I think this makes the rules smother and more congruent across all tests and brings it in line with other systems in the game. I will also be using the security tally to make it a bit more interactive and better for hacking on the fly attempts anyway as I have always felt that on the fly hacks are a bit to difficult for well rounded characters especially since a lot of what a hacker wants is restricted to security or admin access.

That works for me.  One question (so far):  attacks.  Would it by CyberCombat + Logic (^Attack) with the base damage also being the Attack rating?  That's what I've done it accurately models combat spells, but I thought I'd mention it.  Also, damage resistance is System + Armor for Matrix Damage.  I usually just leave that alone but if you want to switch it to something else, let me know.  For Black IC, the Willpower + Biofeedback Filters (BFF) still seems right to me, too, but that one is also an outlier and makes BFF more like Counterspelling.

---

New topic:  Any problem with the Mind over Matter Adept power from War!  In short:  it would allow me to use Logic in place of Agility for all tests at a cost of 1.5 Power Points and could be taken only once.  At the moment, my Powers are looking like this:

PowerRatingBase CostArtisan's Way Cost
Improved Reflexes22.51.875
Mind over Matter1.51.5
Improved Hacking20.50.375
Unknown0.250.25

Mind over Matter is likely only one that could be if-y depending on your feelings on the power itself and I didn't want to build the whole damn thing assuming it, if you'd prefer not to use the power in the first place.

EDIT:  It should be noted that I'm planning on a Logic of 6 and a Cerebral Booster 2 so that would, with Mind over Matter, also make this guy's Agility 8.  Granted, I'm not planning on a combat monster of some sort; this is mostly so I can default to Agility linked skills I don't have and still have a decent shot at things. 
« Last Edit: <05-06-11/0932:04> by dashifen »
Kotori (PDF, Vehicles, Chummer)

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #56 on: <05-06-11/1245:30> »
@ Dash- All of this sounds perfectly fine. The reactive damage reductive style programs will still work as they do now. and Mind over matter sounds OK, at 1.5 cost you do pay for its ability.

Just to let everyone know I will be going over characters this weekend as I have time off and will be able to focus on them more. We are still on for a Monday start at this point.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

dashifen

• Chummer
« Reply #57 on: <05-06-11/1314:42> »
@ Dash- All of this sounds perfectly fine. The reactive damage reductive style programs will still work as they do now. and Mind over matter sounds OK, at 1.5 cost you do pay for its ability.

Great!  I'm at -55 build points at the moment so I've got some work to do.  By the end of things, it might not even be an Adept so I can save the points on the quality and on raising Magic but we'll see how things go.

Just to let everyone know I will be going over characters this weekend as I have time off and will be able to focus on them more. We are still on for a Monday start at this point.

I'm on the road all day Monday, but will be back on Tuesday.  My sister's wedding is on Sunday in New York so I have to get myself back to Illinois that day.
Kotori (PDF, Vehicles, Chummer)

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #58 on: <05-06-11/1431:59> »
Evening work aside, I'll be present all weekend.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #59 on: <05-06-11/1513:08> »
@dash- well since you are in my neck of the woods, if you have time want to get lunch on one of the days. baring Sunday of course :)

Cool, I will be posting on Monday but I expect teh game to move at a slow pass as we get going.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Register