NEWS

Playstation 3 games

• 27 Replies

The Seven

• Chummer
  • It only is paranoia if you can't prove it.
« on: <04-14-11/2307:12> »
For those of you who own a PS3 (I just acquired mine, and I'm looking into possible wishlist games), what are your favourite games and why would you suggest them?

I currently own ME2, KZ3 and GTA4.

EDIT: I play KZ3 a lot, if anyone's interested in some squad gaming, drop me a PM and we can exchange account names.
« Last Edit: <04-14-11/2312:34> by The Seven »
[the7 | abyssus abyssum invocat]

Quote from: Batou
Quote from: Major Motoko Kusanagi
What the hell did you use?
Your standard issue big gun.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <04-14-11/2310:06> »
The Uncharted video games!  Nathan Drake, Ninja, or Shadowrunner?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-14-11/2311:45> »
The Uncharted video games!  Nathan Drake, Ninja, or Shadowrunner?

Oh yeah! I played Uncharted 2 at my in-law's, definetely worth checking it out.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-11/1537:09> »
I always feel kind of weird recommending games to people.  After all, tastes vary so much it's impossible to know whether or not someone will like the same games as you.  And I mostly play games on my PC, so if a game comes out for the PS3 and the PC I buy the PC version.  Now, all that being said, here are some of my favorites:

Katamari Forever (and the Katamari games in general)
The Resistance Games (I want an augur and backlash grenades in ShadowRun, dammit!)
The God of War games (the first two were re-released together for the PS3)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <04-16-11/1547:54> »
Son of a...  Now the Katamari song stuck in my head.  It took a month to get it out last time!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #5 on: <04-16-11/1557:11> »
Mwahaha!

But I know what you mean.  That damn song gets stuck in my head all the time.  Even when I haven't played the game for months.

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-24-11/1017:57> »
Both Dragon Ages are probably a must!

And of course Call of Duty: Black Ops for anyone who likes first person shooters, zombies, or getting yelled at over mics for shooting someone in the back :p

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <05-24-11/1032:44> »
Favorite games on the PS3 platform? FF XIII is the one I've put the most time into. For a change from previous versions I didn't find the grinding to be too tedious. Even FF XII was a bit annoying with its grind, mixing way too powerful monsters in some areas.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-24-11/1711:18> »
Seeing as this is an RPG Crowd, I can highly suggest the Fallout series by Bethesda.  The engine is buggy as hell, but that's the only negative side to the series.

I burned out my first PS3 with Fallout 3 during a particularly...  Bad time, shall we say.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

raben-aas

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <05-25-11/0321:50> »
Favorites:

– Battlefield Bad Company 2 (love the size of the maps, the completely destroyable environment, the team play and that you can actually sneak/hide in lots of places (love the sighting mechanic, too)
– Oblivion (A must-have)
– Red Dead Redemption (Gritty Western feeling FTW)
– Heavenly Sword (an awesome action RPG with cinematic qualitis and really great characters – plus I like how the action "cuts" from one character to the other)
– Killzone 3

And for the PS2:

– Ghost In The Shell Standalone Complex (Hard to get, but well worth the search)

AAS
-+-+-+-+-
Visit my Deviantart gallery: http://raben-aas.deviantart.com/gallery/
And my German SR website with lots of equipment: http://www.raben-aas.de/

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <05-25-11/1011:08> »
Seeing as this is an RPG Crowd, I can highly suggest the Fallout series by Bethesda.  The engine is buggy as hell, but that's the only negative side to the series.

I'd say skip the Fallout games on the PS3. You're better off sticking to PCs for 'em.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <05-25-11/2102:01> »

I'd say skip the Fallout games on the PS3. You're better off sticking to PCs for 'em.

I don't know what the problem is, I usually like Bethesda (Bioshock is amazing) but I find Fallout extremely boring. Can't play Fallout 3 for longer than 15 minutes at a time.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <05-25-11/2138:20> »
The start of the game is hard, and it can get boring just exploring if nothing pops up.

Try Fallout:  New Vegas.  You're dropped into the game just as quick as you were dropped into that shallow grave.  Pop-Pop, two to the head.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Seven

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <05-26-11/1649:44> »
The start of the game is hard, and it can get boring just exploring if nothing pops up.

Try Fallout:  New Vegas.  You're dropped into the game just as quick as you were dropped into that shallow grave.  Pop-Pop, two to the head.

I've made a point of checking it out, but it is way down in my priority list.

Sliver

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <06-06-11/1947:55> »
inFamous is one of my favorite games, and inFamous 2 comes out tomorrow. I would highly recommend you get the first, you won't be disappointed.
"Those who restrain their desires do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Register