NEWS

6e: External Smartgun system - accessory oder modification?

• 3 Replies

taranion

• Newb
« on: <06-11-20/1505:18> »
Hi,

for Genesis I am currently working on making the external smartgun system available.
In the CRB it is classified as an accessory, but unlike other accessories it requires the same Engineering check as an modification.

So, I would prefer to make it available as an modification, which costs either the top mount or underbarrel accessory slot. Any objections?

Also, in theory it should also cost a modification slot like all other modifications - or shouldn't it because it already costs an accessory slot?

What do you think?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-11-20/1514:48> »
Firing Squad explicitly notes that Internal Smartgun is actually a modification for capacity purposes. Doesn't say External is as well. So I'd say it's still an actual accessory, just with a special rule on how to install it, but without the special rules for uninstalling.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

taranion

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-11-20/1701:07> »
Thank you.
Interesting enough, that is exactly the same answer I got from Pegasus, which I asked for clarifications.

Well than - I stand corrected and it will be implemented as an accessory.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-11-20/1840:28> »
Also note that you are probably taking about the (internal or external) smartgun

A smartgun system is typically what you call the combination of a smartgun and a smartlink.