NEWS

Host Attack Attribute

• 12 Replies

Alrician

• Newb
« on: <11-08-19/0737:06> »
What sense does the attack attribute have on a host? I am currently building a database of various hosts (for fast access as GM) with defensive / offensive design and instinctively set the attack-attribute high on an offensive designed host.
It does not make sense. The IC attackes with host level x2. The only thing a high attack-attribute does is the lowering the Hosts capability of defense (since firewall and DV have to be set lower) without increasing its offensiveness afaik.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-08-19/0747:06> »
Currently it does nothing, but we suspect it will be used for Attack Rating calculation of IC in the upcoming errata.

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-08-19/0829:12> »
Do you suspect the ICs attack dice pool being changed? What would it probably look link? Attack x2?

Or will there be an attack rating for edge-gaining like in physical combat?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-08-19/0955:00> »
The intention seem to be that IC use Attack attribute of the host for calculating damage and use Attack and Sleaze attribute of the host for calculating Attack Rating according to regular cybercombat rules

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-08-19/1039:23> »
The intention seem to be that IC use Attack attribute of the host for calculating damage and use Attack and Sleaze attribute of the host for calculating Attack Rating according to regular cybercombat rules

Xenon is correct

Banshee is the matrix freelancer, his intention were, that IC use host ASDF as normal for AR, DR etc.
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?action=post;quote=529290;topic=30413.15

quote author=Banshee link=topic=30413.msg529290#msg529290 date=1571257093]
Caught me on my phone again, so I don't have my file handy.

Thought this was already in errata, but if not then this is another case of Attack rating being misused because it was written before that term was designated for edge purposes. The IC rating x2 is meant to represent their skill+attribute dice pool for making attacks, etc.
[/quote]

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-08-19/1306:44> »
Think you messed up the tags a bit there.

Also this,
Yes, well... If we are talking house rules (but there is another thread for this already where I think house rules should be posted) then you basically have two options here I think;

• Skip the whole Host Rating +1, +2, +3, +4 mechanic and just house rule that all matrix attributes of a host is equal to host rating and then resolve everything according to regular cybercombat rules
  • House rule that IC use Attack attribute of the host for calculating damage and use Attack and Sleaze attribute of the host for calculating Attack Rating according to regular cybercombat rules

Psst ... #2 is not a house rule and is how its supposed to work. Look for the change of wording in hopefully soon to be released errata.  😉

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-08-19/1403:48> »
One big problem with the book is that rules are not always in the logical section. It does state somewhere that the attack rating of the host is used for calculating IC damage values. Attack/2 DV.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <11-08-19/1451:16> »
Think you messed up the tags a bit there.

Also this,
Yes, well... If we are talking house rules (but there is another thread for this already where I think house rules should be posted) then you basically have two options here I think;

• Skip the whole Host Rating +1, +2, +3, +4 mechanic and just house rule that all matrix attributes of a host is equal to host rating and then resolve everything according to regular cybercombat rules
  • House rule that IC use Attack attribute of the host for calculating damage and use Attack and Sleaze attribute of the host for calculating Attack Rating according to regular cybercombat rules

Psst ... #2 is not a house rule and is how its supposed to work. Look for the change of wording in hopefully soon to be released errata.  😉

Aah Yeah, that was a shoddy qoute and link. I meant to say the same as your quote :)

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <11-08-19/1454:14> »
attack rating
Be careful with your wording. There is a difference between Attack (matrix attribute) and Attack Rating (used for edge distribution).

The book says IC use Host Rating x 2 for their Attack Rating (SR6 p. 186), but it is hinted that this will be changed to Host Attack + Host Sleaze.

IC damage seem to be Host Rating + Net Hits (SR6 p. 187, Black IC, Killer IC, Sparky IC, Sparky IC).

I have not seen that IC damage would be Attack/2 DV.
« Last Edit: <11-08-19/1456:33> by Xenon »

Alrician

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <11-08-19/1508:50> »
Okay and what does the dice pool of the IC for attack look like?

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <11-08-19/1528:14> »
attack rating
Be careful with your wording. There is a difference between Attack (matrix attribute) and Attack Rating (used for edge distribution).

The book says IC use Host Rating x 2 for their Attack Rating (SR6 p. 186), but it is hinted that this will be changed to Host Attack + Host Sleaze.

IC damage seem to be Host Rating + Net Hits (SR6 p. 187, Black IC, Killer IC, Sparky IC, Sparky IC).

I have not seen that IC damage would be Attack/2 DV.

Im pretty sure IC Damage is supposed to be the same as the deckers dmg. Attack/2

IC would be Rolling host*2 to attack with attack/2 for dmg. With an AR of Attack+Sleaze. (Suppose thats RAI)

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <11-08-19/1601:35> »
Host Attack Rank (good? :D) is explained as the value used for DV for IC somewhere in the matrix section. I'm tired and busy so I can't look it up but it's there for sure. DV = Attack/2.
« Last Edit: <11-08-19/1607:41> by Shadowjack »
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-08-19/1738:54> »
Are you really 100% sure, because I can't find such a reference...
Only thing related to IC and damage I can find are the following:

SR6 p. 187 Black IC
Black IC does (host rating + net hits) in both Matrix damage and biofeedback damage.

SR6 p. 187 Killer IC
When Killer IC hits in cybercombat, it does (net hits + host rating) Matrix damage to the target.

SR6 p. 187 Sparky IC
If Sparky IC hits in cybercombat, it does (host rating + net hits) in biofeedback damage.