NEWS

[6E] Dome Sweet Home IC

  • 99 Replies
  • 11216 Views

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2051
« Reply #60 on: <11-26-19/1231:27> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; The Tribe’s turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

“I really don’t think the corps have any reason to be involved here, the real estate is shit, it’s why we haven’t had any real competition setting up here.  If the Reapers had some new fancy tech they might be part of field trials but from what I’ve heard it’s good stuff but hardly cutting edge.  Of course that’s more than enough to make them a threat if they come looking for trouble.  I think the new leader is the more likely scenario, someone who wants to make a name.  I don’t know if we can pay them enough to make them look in another direction?  Carrot and stick perhaps?”

***

In the matrix 0Day had complete control of the two hosts and was able to rifle through their archives, whilst keeping a careful eye on his OS, to gain a bit more insight in to the urban tribe.  As far as he could see they were on the level, just beginning to trade with parts of Toursitville as they got some surplus above just keeping themselves going.  That might be enough of a tip to the status quo that someone could see them as a threat?

***

#14
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <<CG6.03>>

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1766
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #61 on: <11-26-19/1448:19> »
While Tom talked Tipperman fired a message off to 0Day, trusting that the decker had not been able to resist temptation <<Find a list of the members of the tribe?  Better yet if it comes with pictures?  And my contact said one of the Tribe was romantically linked with like the sister of the leader of the Slaughterhowzers -- find anything on that?>>  He gave his hat a bit of a tug, never quite trusting the trodes to be staying in just the right place, for all that his connection to his link seemed good.

When Tom finished, he replied "So that's the Reavers.  How's things with the Slaughterhowzers?"

Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2051
« Reply #62 on: <11-27-19/0730:23> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; The Tribe’s turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

Tom looked a bit restless at the mention of the Slaughterhowzers… “That may be a different story… we’ve dealt with them before, as far as we had to, but things are a bit more complicated now.  Their leader’s Flint, well his sister, Gemma, has shacked up with one of my friends.  He’s a human so it goes against all their orc pride schtick and they’ve made it quite clear what they feel about the situation.  Normally this’d blow over but pride has a way of interfering and Gemma has been a little too vocal about the matter and blood is up.  I could send her away but we have a tradition of hospitality that I am loathe to break as it would compromise our own values and for now the council is siding with her.  So, there’s my dilemma…”

***

#16
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <<CG6.03>>

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6515
« Reply #63 on: <11-27-19/1659:06> »
"So if I see this right we have an ambitious new leader stiring up drek and a Romeo and Juliet stick on the other side.
Curbing the ambitious is potentially the easier thing of the two. Seems like we should get some serious info on the guy to see which buttons make him go."

Omen had been pretty alert so far and caught himself actually beginning to enjoy this job.
"If all else fails I can try to join the Slaughterhowzers."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2051
« Reply #64 on: <11-29-19/1221:31> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; The Tribe’s turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

“Sounds about right” Tom replied “Look, I don’t know how you want to play this or precisely what my sister is paying you to do, but you’re welcome to stay here and we can help you with resources, within reason.  I don’t know who the current Reapers’ boss is, you’ve probably got better contacts to find out than I have anyway.  They used to hole up in the centre of the Greystone estate and I presume that hasn’t changed…”

***

#17
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <<CG6.03>>

gwilym

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 139
« Reply #65 on: <12-04-19/1500:33> »
"I got dem' some ganger contacts, get em called see what the names are I. The winds" Dynamyt piped up "we ship 'em rehashed lumps all the while. An' some come to me for fixing up, no much though, I charge too much keeps the que short"
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1766
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #66 on: <12-05-19/1011:12> »
"Sure, sleeping here would save time and bullets traveling through Redmond.  But the way I figure it, the Reapers are the more straightforward issue to deal with, so I think it is time for us to head over that way and find some answers."  Although he hadn't put into words how they'd get answers, that he was smacking his right fist into his left palm gave a pretty clear indication of how he was figuring they were going to get answers.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6515
« Reply #67 on: <12-05-19/1627:42> »
Omen smiled: "Alright, finally. Let's head over there - but let's keep the van close by if we need to make a sudden retreat."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2051
« Reply #68 on: <12-06-19/0820:35> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

The team headed out on bikes playing outrider with the van following behind.  The terrain didn’t change much, it was still crap, but the gang signs changed over to the Reapers’ scythe motif daubed across walls and even more prominently in AR tags on street lamps (some of which were even functioning in the grimy light) and building fronts.

0Day, keeping an eye on matrix activity in the vicinity, was the first to spot the smartlinked weapons in the dilapidated old fire station on the left side of the road and a couple more in the house across the street.  It would seem there was a welcoming committee!

***

#18
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <<CG6.03>>

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6515
« Reply #69 on: <12-07-19/0356:17> »
Omen spotted the Ambush just in time to slam on the breaks of the old van. The car bucked and wobbled on the worn out suspension, but he managed not to crash and get the bulk of the car's engine between himself and the gangers.
It wasn't the first time that he had had to get his rifle ready from the confines of a convoy, but it still took time to do so.
Meanwhile, shots from inside the fire station began to fly in his direction and he had to duck a bit when one bullet punctured the windshield above his head.
<<Get yourself behind the van>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ZeroSum

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
« Reply #70 on: <12-09-19/0710:28> »
One benefit of being a dwarf was that pretty much any car seat was big enough to seat you comfortably. 0day's physical body rode in the back of the van securely belted into his seat, with the back reclined enough to avoid a pinched neck.

Simultaneously, 0day's Matrix persona was screaming along in the Matrix, his new deck cutting through the static of the Barrens with effortless grace. His armoured form coasted along the path the vehicle travelled, and despite his vigilance he only had a moment to warn his newfound colleagues before the trap was sprung.

> Possible ambush ahead, 3 guns in the fire station, 2 in the building opposite, safeties off

Blissfully unaware of Omen's driving ability or lack thereof, 0day shifted his focus and fully embraced the code. The rush of hot-sim VR was like no other high he'd ever experienced, and his samurai armoured persona drew a glimmering katana and rushed ahead of the van icon to meet his opposition in glorious digital combat.

In mere microseconds the dwarf had altered the configuration on his deck for maximum combat efficiency, but his unfamiliarity with the new hardware caused him to stumble ever so slightly in so doing.

Despite a significant technological advantage, his normally precise strikes were almost entirely blunted by the meager defenses put up by the barren trash. Despite his initial shock and surprise, both attacks connected and the sheer weight of code impacting his targets scored deep furrows in the icons of his opponents; pixellated chunks were torn from both icons as their matrix connections were forced open.

The decker readied for another attack all while analyzing his previous performance.

#9
« Last Edit: <12-09-19/0732:03> by ZeroSum »

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2051
« Reply #71 on: <12-10-19/1210:03> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

Rounds were coming down range thick and fast but without any particular accuracy, particularly once 0Day started hacking their smartlinks, slagging the delicate electronics…he could just imagine the swearing and the cries for assistance going out… there still wasn’t any sign of the gangers themselves behind the muzzle flashes from the broken out windows…

Then something wholly unanticipated happened as the entirely offline Aztech Striker sent a lazy contrail hurtling towards the van.  Thankfully the aim was as lousy as the rest and the rocket fell short, churning a new crater in the already pocked road…but assuming they had a loader it wouldn’t be long before they tried again!

***

#19
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <<CG6.03>>

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1766
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #72 on: <12-10-19/1911:15> »
Tipperman was cruising along, a bit in front of the van, when suddenly Omen cursed over the team link, and Tipperman could hear the van wheels squealing behind him.  Thus warned, the Tipperman tapped the brakes to reduce his speed just a bit, then banked into a hard U-turn. 

He almost lost control when his front wheel slid out on a patch of gravel, but was able slam his arm against the pavement hard enough to push him back to his wheels before road burn tore through his clothes.  Despite the quick manoeuvres, one of the shots that rang out managed to pass through a weak spot in his lined coat, and then through part of his abdomen.

As he raced back to cover behind the van he was relieved to see that blood wasn't fountaining out of the wound, at least not yet.  It hurt like burning drek, but not so much that Tipperman wasn't focused on getting revenge at whoever had damaged his coat.
« Last Edit: <12-11-19/1056:24> by Beta »
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6515
« Reply #73 on: <12-11-19/1514:35> »
Omen saw the trail of the RPG and spontaneously decided to prioritize them when he finally had his rifle into place through the open window.
He concentrated to get his speed up and shot a long burst at the explosive weapon wielding maniac, severely wounding him, but not quite taking him out.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ZeroSum

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
« Reply #74 on: <12-15-19/1657:56> »
Having found his footing in the Matrix and with the new deck growing on him, 0day threw his attack code at the active smartguns once again; sparks went flying as the links were bricked in spectacular fashion.

He pivoted his icon smoothly and struck twice more with his katana at new targets. In the span of a few milliseconds he had overloaded the circuits of two rifles and two submachine guns, but just as he turned his attention to the last remaining smartgun a digital apparition appeared.

> Interloper!

The newcomer lunged at 0day.

#10
« Last Edit: <12-20-19/0843:56> by ZeroSum »