NEWS

Ask a stupid question ...

• 7 Replies

mwiland

• Newb
« on: <02-23-11/1451:33> »
This is a post i had at a shadowrun message board and it works just about any where.  it works like this you answer the question of the most recient post in a silly or humorus manner, then ask one of your own.  So since im starting im just gonna ask a question and hope this take off.

How much wood would a woodchuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <02-23-11/1522:34> »
First off, they prefer Charles to Chuck. Second, if you DO call them Chuck, they may "rage", thus gaining a +8 bonus to STR for CON+3 rounds, allowing them to "heave" more wood than an non-enraged critter.

Now, taking into account the average size of the non-raging animal, and the average size of your "wood", you'd find that, over an eight hour period, they could throw approximately two pounds a minute, which translates to about 120 pounds an hour, which comes out to 840 pounds a day (eight hour day, minus a half-hour lunch and two OSHA-enforced fifteen minute breaks to prevent back/shoulder injury). However, if they are enraged, (something that is reportable to OSHA), then their lifting capability is drastically increased, allowing them to throw 10 pounds a minute. However, no matter how many times they are baited, the workers have never been able to maintain the rage for more than 30 minutes within an eight hour day and also require an extra fifteen minute break. So, by enraging them, you would gain only an extra 210 pounds in your standard workday, with an overall total of 1050 pounds.

Of course, it should also be mentioned that those employees that spent a lot of time enraged tended to either a) retire at an early age or b) rip the face off the person angering them.

If roses are red and violets are blue, then what are pansies?

mwiland

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-23-11/1739:47> »
pansies are usually those little people that need a platnum doc wagon contract.

All right who forgot to paint the flowers again?

Outrider45

« Reply #3 on: <03-03-11/0046:40> »
Ok.....so if hotdogs come in packs of 10 then why do buns come in packs of 8 or 12?

Outrider45

« Reply #4 on: <03-03-11/0051:28> »
First off, they prefer Charles to Chuck. Second, if you DO call them Chuck, they may "rage", thus gaining a +8 bonus to STR for CON+3 rounds, allowing them to "heave" more wood than an non-enraged critter.

Wait.... wrong 'Chuck' there FastJack O'Brien.  I wont tell him about this though....promise.  :-X

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <03-03-11/0207:14> »
Working Tech Support, I've learned...  There's no stupid questions, only stupid people.

And that's all, good night everybody!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #6 on: <03-03-11/1748:16> »

Ok so this is me being picky but its.... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Answer is...A woodchuck would chuck a cord of wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

HOWEVER I like Fastjacks answer better!

AS to Outrider45's post I ONLY buy Ballpak hot dogs they come to 8 a package same as the buns come in the stores.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <03-03-11/1749:22> »
Well first one must ask if a woodchuck truly wanted to chuck wood and if there was even any wood to chuck
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!