NEWS

Aztechnology news organization?

• 4 Replies

mcv

• Chummer
« on: <06-12-19/1742:01> »
Is anyone aware of any news stations owned by Aztechnology? I want to share some news from the 6th World with my players, and what better way to do it than through the lens of various megacorps? We're playing in the 2072-2074 era, so a lot of news is going to be about the Aztlan-Amazonia war.

I'm also looking for news organisations tied to other megacorps. I'm aware of KSAF as an independent news source.

And although I could easily write my own news stories, are there by any chance existing news stories, in books or elsewhere, about major events in this period? About the war, Sirrurg, the Mayan Cutter, that sort of thing? (The Copycat Killer mission promises a screamsheet about the Mayan Killer, but doesn't include one.)

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <06-12-19/2154:10> »
I think they cover all of that in No Future.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-12-19/2330:37> »
Off the top of my head, I can recall that Death Star, a blood sports channel, is Aztechnology's.  They've probably got Sports news shows on it.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-13-19/0107:52> »
No Future for news media galore.

Streetpedia (Which just dropped on DriveThru!) for background details for days.

mcv

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-13-19/0147:48> »
I sadly don't have No Future yet. It's on my list of books to buy now.

I just realised that Market Panic lists an unreasonable number of subsidiaries for each megacorp. Checking it for Aztechnology gives me only Channel 12. I suppose I could create Channel 12 News or something. Though it seems likely they're only really involved in Aztlaner news.