NEWS

Favorite Non-Corp Johnsons?

• 9 Replies

ORTEGA76

• Newb
« on: (09:33:31/06-05-19) »
When your crew needs a break from running ops against the megas, who do you use? Cults? Gangers? Rival syndicates?

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: (10:13:42/06-05-19) »
The title and content don't quite line up.  A non-corp Johnson can send you against a corp.  A corp Johnson can send you against non-corp targets.

Are you interested in different Johnsons?  Or in runs against non-corp targets?
Jawsey  --
speechthought

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: (10:25:35/06-05-19) »
Organised Crime vs Organised Crime, do-gooders with a big budget but little time, the occasional contact with a personal agenda*.

*: Such as a fixer working with the mob secretly wanting a specific high-rank mobster killed without it leading back to the group or the fixer
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

mcv

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: (10:36:42/06-05-19) »
The authorities.

I'm running SRM4, which includes a couple of times where the DA or KE wants something from the runners. It's nice to watch them squirm. My group doesn't want to say no, but also doesn't want to be seen getting paid by the police. They're actually considering working for free, for a favor, basically.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: (10:47:05/06-05-19) »
Policlubs rarely get the attention they warrant.  Jobs sponsored by (or against!) policlubs should be a fixture of a Shadowrunner's milieu.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: (10:52:15/06-05-19) »
Oh yeah that's fun! Been there done that. 8)

Ms. Johnson: A group of Humanis members beat my sibling into the hospital. Go execute their entire compound
Runners: Uhm... That's a bit much even for us... *leave*
Mr. Johnson: Could you please capture the main culprits and not kill everyone, before my wife ends up actually finding people willing to kill them all?
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

ORTEGA76

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: (15:08:45/06-05-19) »
The title and content don't quite line up.  A non-corp Johnson can send you against a corp.  A corp Johnson can send you against non-corp targets.

Are you interested in different Johnsons?  Or in runs against non-corp targets?

Good call. Runs against non-corp targets.

mcv

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: (17:56:26/06-05-19) »
In that case, Humanis.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #8 on: Today at 10:34:16 »
Oh yeah that's fun! Been there done that. 8)

Ms. Johnson: A group of Humanis members beat my sibling into the hospital. Go execute their entire compound
Runners: Uhm... That's a bit much even for us... *leave*
Mr. Johnson: Could you please capture the main culprits and not kill everyone, before my wife ends up actually finding people willing to kill them all?

Your Runners must have stronger moral compasses (compai?) than mine...

...Mine would just start negotiating for price-per-ear vs flat rate.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: Today at 11:48:11 »
I literally had to let one play a one-shot-character for a wetwork run... -,- Spirits called him 'Bleeding Heart'.

Mind you, most were perfectly willing to murder. It's just that an entire Humanis compound was a bit much for their tastes.