NEWS

[Newb Question] Drones/Autosofts

• 3 Replies

Kilgs

• Newb
« on: (18:56:49/02-09-19) »
A thousand poxes on the Bundle of Holding as I've gone down the Rabbit Hole with SR5...

I know the answer to this is simple but I can't find it:

>A drone can be operated by Remote Control, Rigger Control (jump-in), or through an Autopilot program.
>A rigger can slave a number of drones through their RCC. This is Remote Control.
>A Remote Controlled drone defaults to a Device Rating(x2) being faced with a difficult command.
>Autosofts can boost activities.
>A Pilot (specific Drone) type Autosoft can replace the default Piloting skill...
>Electronic Warfare/Targeting are for offensive actions (weapons/EW) or defense (EW).

So my questions are...
?If a drone does not have any Autosofts loaded... what can it do? Does it have a Pilot program? What is the rating?
?As above, what is the default for a gun-drone to shoot or utilize EW when it has no autosofts?
?Due to the PAN/WAN, it would seem that defensive rolls are based on the RCC stats... but what about the others?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: (19:36:12/02-09-19) »
- The Drone stat-tables all include the Pilot rating of all drones
- A Drone does NOT have a default Piloting skill, it needs software for everything
- Every roll a Drone normally does, is <Autosoft-rating>+Pilot-rating, unless the Swarm Autosoft gets involved
- There are restrictions on how high an Autosoft can be, which streamed Autosofts can override
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

Kilgs

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: (20:08:27/02-09-19) »
Ahh... I think the Pilot Rating v. Pilot skill was throwing me off. I knew it was right in front of me...

So a fresh-from-factory drone requires Autosofts for everything you want it do autonomously (not jumped in).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: (14:24:40/02-11-19) »
It's going to be extremely shitty at any test done without a skill Autosoft, yes. (Assuming it can even default, slips my mind if they can.)
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"