NEWS

The Found Arcana Chapter 2

  • 80 Replies
  • 1202 Views

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6423
« Reply #60 on: (03:47:21/12-07-18) »
Do we want to have a conversation about the stability (or lack thereof) of the official forums and whether we'd like to move the game to a different location, like RPOL or RPG Playroom?

RPG Playroom would get my vote - mainly because nearly all of us are already registered there.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #61 on: (07:15:36/12-07-18) »
I'd also prefer RPGPlayroom.

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1442
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #62 on: (09:14:16/12-07-18) »
I'm fine with moving it.

A quick note that Jawsey is human looking (the surgeon who reconstructed his face a couple of years back maybe wasn't a big elf fan?  At any rate his ears look human, and he isn't quite as tall, thin, or smooth moving as most elves).  That said, Gao likely knows, I figure your talismonger is only just behind your doctor in needing to know details about you.
Jawsey  --
speechthought

Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 460
« Reply #63 on: (12:15:32/12-07-18) »
I'd be down with moving it.  Also, I've been reading along.  Just waiting on everyone to get into the backroom before Ginsburg introduces himself.
The power of the Tri-Horse!

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #64 on: (12:22:56/12-07-18) »
Well, Lorebane did say that he uses racist jokes inappropriately. So he may call humans pixies and such. I'll leave it as is.

Lorebane so please start an account in RPGPlayroom so it is continuous. We'll move once everyone are ready.


Lorebane24

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 460
« Reply #65 on: (15:16:24/12-07-18) »
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3682
« Reply #66 on: (15:43:13/12-07-18) »
I'm a bit confused and wanted to clarify. Here's what I'm getting from the IC thread:

Party A - the seller of the card
Party B - Amanda Green, Gau's client, who wants the card
Party C - Gau, who sounds like he's acting as a middleman between Party A and Party B
Party D - the party that wants the card, has threatened Gau, and intends to meet with Party A to buy the card in Gau's place
Party E - the PCs, who are being hired to ensure that the party A sells to us/Gau so that Gau can sell to Party B/ Amanda Green

It sounds like Gau is giving us 15K to purchase the card from Party A and ensure that Party D doesn't interfere, so that Gau can sell the card to Party B/Amanda. That's my interpretation of the situation. If that's correct, that means we haven't negotiated our agency's fee for our services yet. Am I tracking things accurately?

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #67 on: (15:54:59/12-07-18) »
Yes you are correct:

Gau wants you to acquire the card and give it to A.

Gau did not discuss compensation yet, you get the money to get the card.  Though, you can, of course, try to get paid more, by keeping the 15k, and robbing D after the sell.
« Last Edit: (15:57:19/12-07-18) by gilga »

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1442
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #68 on: (16:51:28/12-07-18) »
I posted IC before reading the posts above.  I was also a bit confused by Gao dancing around the topic of how we get paid, so Jawsey made his own proposal ;-)   (I don't expect it to play out that way, but it seemed like "we make all the profit" was a good opening bid)
Jawsey  --
speechthought

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3682
« Reply #69 on: (17:04:28/12-07-18) »
Latest IC post makes it sound like Gau is buying the card for 15K and selling it for 10K. Is that correct? I suppose Gau could be trying to curry favor with Amanda Green by selling it to her at below-market rates.

Edit: Looks like gilga edited the post so that we're selling to Amanda for 25k and keeping the 10k difference for ourselves.

It seems like part of the assumption for our payment is that we relieve Party D of the 15K that they bring with them to the meet with Party A.
« Last Edit: (17:10:29/12-07-18) by Tecumseh »

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #70 on: (17:10:29/12-07-18) »
Yes, I edited it. Sorry, a brain fart. Selling it for 25k, and the 10k profit is yours to keep.

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1442
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #71 on: (17:24:35/12-07-18) »
btw, just tryin to role-play the negotiations a bit, but willing to speed things along soon.  I see Jawsey less as the hard edged, demanding, negotiator, and more the kind who just tries to make his point of view seem so reasonable that it is hard to disagree with it.
Jawsey  --
speechthought

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #72 on: (12:07:57/12-08-18) »
I believe it is time to roll negotiation.  If I understand, correctly you are four as AM is on an errand.  So the current offer is 2.5k per person, with an option for 3.75k per person if you rob the buyer from the card, or prevent him from getting to the meet.

Gao has 3 hits - you need to score more than that to sweeten the deal. Whereas Bobby suggested, the additional pay can be talismonger goods.
« Last Edit: (12:33:31/12-08-18) by gilga »

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3682
« Reply #73 on: (13:43:09/12-08-18) »
Alright, Jawsey, work your magic.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #74 on: (15:42:11/12-08-18) »
You can roll cooperation if you wish.