NEWS

Dark and gritty adventure

• 11 Replies

Xelian

• Newb
« on: (10:57:17/11-01-18) »
My players want to try something more mystical and magical for our next adventure and I have been wondering about advice what books I should look at. Or if there is some premade adventure I can use/modify.  I want something with a more medieval touch to it. Cults, sacrifices things like that. Currently the group is based in Seattle. There are so many books I don't know where to even start reading. Forbidden Arcana maybe?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: (14:26:03/11-01-18) »
Any official adventure involving Dr. Auslander is always a creepy magical thing. The end result will always be a massive fight at the end.
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: (14:27:50/11-01-18) »
Any official adventure involving Dr. Auslander is always a creepy magical thing. The end result will always be a massive fight at the end.

Seconded.  Humanitarian Aid followed by Romero and Juliet would be a great set of linked adventures.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: (14:35:01/11-01-18) »
Do note that R&J nerfed him Edge-wise, which is the same nerf one should apply in HA.
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: (14:45:39/11-01-18) »
Is this the kind of thing that Dark Terrors would be useful for?

adzling

• Errata Team
  • Prime Runner
    • Building Better Security
« Reply #5 on: (15:25:41/11-01-18) »
I'd suggest looking at the 4e campaign Ghost Cartels.

It has all of what you're asking for but will require a little work to update to 5e.

I ran my table through a modified version of that campaign that has now seque'd into a srun conversion of the classic CoC campaign, Masks of Nyarlathothep.

Pictures or it didn't happen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9cj4e8zhooicbi/masks_campaign.jpg?dl=0

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #6 on: (15:50:23/11-01-18) »

Seconded.  Humanitarian Aid followed by Romero and Juliet would be a great set of linked adventures.

He then shows up in Chicago (I think it was mission 6-06, but it kind of builds over the course of a number of the missions that season), and then there was a stand-alone prime-runner mission "A Holy Piece of Wetwork" where you take the battle to him.
Jawsey  --
speechthought

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: (22:52:05/01-25-19) »
If you can get a hold of a copy of Universal Brotherhood from 1st edition, you can get some good flavor of a magical nature.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: (22:53:28/01-25-19) »
Or Bottled Demon - this one would be easier to translate to current story lines.  :)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #9 on: (05:03:45/02-15-19) »
I found the few plot threads that involved Darke to be particularly gritty...
But they are spread all through out 2e and 3e and thus I don't have a complete reference for you. 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #10 on: (16:30:01/02-21-19) »
Holy Piece of Wetwork - Prime Runner adventure. Takes place on a metaplane against Auslander (its the finale to Auslander)
Lethal Forces - Basically introducing some horrors I believe
The Denver storm front series (Part 3 particularly - Serrated Edge)

If you want 'mystical' then maybe look at Harlequin's Back from 2nd or 3rd edition for a multiple metaplanes ride of weirdness
« Last Edit: (16:34:53/02-21-19) by kainite311 »
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Dangermaus

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: (20:48:10/04-05-19) »

I ran my table through a modified version of that campaign that has now seque'd into a srun conversion of the classic CoC campaign, Masks of Nyarlathothep.

I'd sure love to have a write up of that conversion... my players maybe not so much!!