NEWS

Snow Lily - Classic Physical Adept for Season 9 Missions

• 5 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« on: (18:26:40/10-01-18) »
...second attempt for a Season 9 Missions character. 

Went a bit back back to the roots of my namesake character, Kyoto Kid, when she was a "classic" physical adept in 1E and when she was still in Japan.  As she has always been albino (didn't get karma for that until 5E) she had a nickname given her by the Kyoto Dojo master of "Snow Lily".  I decided to keep that name as she didn't take the KK moniker until after the "A Fist Full Of Karma" segment in the Harlequin's Back arc.

I used the following Priorities:

A: Attributes (24)
B: Adept
C: Skills (28 general/2 skill group)
D: Resources (50,000 +6,000 from Karma).
E: Metatype (Human +1 special atribute point)

All gear comes under the Maximums for Rating (6) and Availability (12).

Still looking for one additional knowledge skill that would relate to being in Neo Tokyo and fit with her background.

Be sure to check "open with" on the download dialogue.

« Last Edit: (18:49:35/10-01-18) by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: (19:54:31/10-01-18) »
For a sword using Decker I went with the Knowledge skills of Swordsmiths w/ a spec in Modern and Kenjutsu spec in Nitōjutsu. 

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #2 on: (23:02:09/10-01-18) »
...I thought of Blade Design/Making however, that is a professional skill and as you can see the character is a bit lacking in the Logic department (hence the rating of 2) which is based on her backstory, (the part I did not go into detail on as it is deeply tragic).

Her Sensei contact is a Kenjutsu master, so swordsmithing knowledge would be a logical choice.

Trying to think of something that would help more with legwork but just coming up with a blank.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: (09:48:39/10-06-18) »
Ah, sorry, I used Swordsmith as "Knowlege of Swordsmiths (Modern)".  Interest skill, therefore Intuition.  Basically the character knew who crafted the a blade, or could recognize mass produced items and all that.  "Oh, that's a real Watan!" Kind of thing. 

Total fluff, but kept me amused.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #4 on: (17:46:57/10-10-18) »
...from what I have experienced of season 9 so far, it appears having knowledge skills that assist with legwork as well as preventing a social faux pas seem to be the most important. 

Twice now her Bushido Philosophy skill (which last season would have been a "fluff" skill) came into play in determining the proper course of action to take. 

Unlike Chicago, it seems surviving in Neo Tokyo seems a bit more contingent on roleplay.

« Reply #5 on: (20:22:58/10-10-18) »
...from what I have experienced of season 9 so far, it appears having knowledge skills that assist with legwork as well as preventing a social faux pas seem to be the most important. 

Twice now her Bushido Philosophy skill (which last season would have been a "fluff" skill) came into play in determining the proper course of action to take. 

Unlike Chicago, it seems surviving in Neo Tokyo seems a bit more contingent on roleplay.

Neo-Tokyo is very much less of a "shoot first, ask question later" kind of setting than Chicago was.