NEWS

The Catholic Church in the Sixth World

• 72 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <05-29-12/0457:07> »
Dan Brown fucking ruined Opus Dei for everyone else for a generation.
« Last Edit: <05-29-12/0500:22> by James Meiers »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #61 on: <05-29-12/0521:37> »
Completely agree with that

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <05-29-12/0543:11> »
It can't be salvaged in print somehow?
 Or just made use of?

Intended as honest questions, not mockery or anything.

Sichr

• Prime Runner

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #64 on: <05-29-12/0703:09> »
It can't be salvaged in print somehow?
 Or just made use of?

When you consider that the majority of its members are just lay people practicing their faith in conjunction with living an ordinary life, there really isn't much that you can do with them to make it interesting. At least, not if you want to be honest about them.

Look at their Wikipedia entry. The word "alleged" crops up nearly a dozen times. Most of the things they're accused of came from non-Catholics and aren't true. Except for the conspiracy theories that have cropped up about them, they're actually a fairly boring group. The only thing I can think of that might be a little iffy is a practice called "mortification of the flesh", which could be something as drastic as self-flagellation... but might simply be fasting.

In the Sixth World, this group might morph into a magical group, maybe. That would be about the only thing I could see as feasible.

I could see a runner or NPC being a member, maybe, for some additional color.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <05-29-12/0843:57> »
Hmm..Should this "Mortification of the flesh" lead to developing some kind of Posession based Christian magical group? Self-harming geas to invoking rituals (well it looks pretty close to Life magic...which is considered blood magic within some circles...)

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <05-29-12/1019:16> »
Nah . . . the Sylvestrines do a pretty good job of accounting for Possessor-type spirits.

I found it interesting in War! actually that there was mention of some Church types being so anti-Awakened that they were willing to surreptitiously collaborate with the Azzies against Amazonia.  Just goes to show, you can find whackjobs anywhere.

A former Sylvestrine turned 'runner would make a pretty interesting character, actually.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <05-29-12/1058:29> »
Nah . . . the Sylvestrines do a pretty good job of accounting for Possessor-type spirits.

Please any further explanation? Ive just used them for the first time...the situation was brilliant
During the shootout in DeerCreek park (those who had played Artifacts 2 will know) one of PCs got almost killed and in his last moments he burned the edge for Hand Of God...
So I materialized Guardian Angel, great force 9 spirit form, who swept two LMG FA bursts with his wings and saved PCs ass. Sylvestrines entered the scene just a moment after to do the cleanup and help rest of the team silence oposing forces and protect civilians.
That PC was Oni samurai who was raised on Yomi, and he have nice habbit of eating hearts of killed Japaneese/ mainly Yakuza/ oponents (also as a part of personal code), when he had a chance. Meeting such entity for 1 Edge point was a bit...disturbing for him.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #68 on: <05-29-12/1126:37> »
That, Sichr, is how you do it. +1 to you, sir.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

ravensmuse

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <05-30-12/1807:28> »
Long Shot, did you ever find that write up your wife did of her Catholic tradition? My wife and I would be interested to read it.

Thanks!

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <05-31-12/0344:18> »
It wasn't me, it was another poster.  Check back in this thread.

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #71 on: <05-31-12/1517:51> »
(Also note: The 1-Jan decree (that I can't find) severely contradicts SWA entry that UGE first start being born on the 13th of Jan (SWA pg 20). This either means; it's an error on the author/publisher's part or is further evidence that the Church has access to hidden knowledge and jumped the gun...in-game the latter is more fun to consider :) ).
Sixth World Almanac has the Papal speech about metahumanity on January 1st, 2012, and the Papal Bull in March. The same date was in Shadows of Europe.

It also worth remember that according to Tir na nOg itself, there were elven babies born as early as 1987, several of them in Northern Ireland Catholic community. Maybe no need for a forbidden library for the Vatican to know about UGE early.

Didn't Leonardo have something to do with the Catholic Church? He could have supplied information and/or helped give the Catholic Church a heads up on what was coming. Either willingly or through trickery. (Even immortal beings can get drunk or drugged.)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« Reply #72 on: <05-31-12/2041:57> »
Long Shot, did you ever find that write up your wife did of her Catholic tradition?

That was me, and I'm looking for my notes on it.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Register