Multiple Pacifist Adepts?

• 5 Replies

evilaustintom

• Newb
« on: <02-13-18/1831:25> »
From Forbidden Arcana:

<Snip>
Pacifist Adept:
10 Karma: Any attacks that would cause anyone, within a number of meters equal the adept's Magic Rating has its associated limit reduced by 2...
...any attacks against the Pacifist reduce the number of 1s needed to glitch by one.
15 Karma: Any attempts to cause harm (Physical or Stun) performed by anyone, or at any living being, within a number of meters equal the adepts (Magic Rating x2) have their limit reduced by 4...
...Any attacks against the Pacifist Adept or made by the Pacifist Adept reduce the number of 1s needed to glitch by three.
<snip>

So my question - do these stack if there are multiple Pacifist Adepts?

First Example: Two Pacifist Adepts standing behind a gun bunny as he tries to mow down some bad guy in the distance.  If one was a level 10 Pacifist, and the other a level 15, and the gun bunny was in their 'area of effect', would the limit on his gun go down by 4 or by 6?

Second Example: An enemy mage decides to hurl a fireball at the two pacifist adepts.  Does the number of 1s he needs on his Spellcraft roll to glitch go down by 3 or by 4?

"Don't worry!  I'm your Candyman - we can make that happen..."

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #1 on: <02-13-18/1946:19> »
I would say no and only allow the field of the adept with the hugest magic to apply.

I see the adepts with this quality as jammers. Since noise generators do not stack then why should this quality?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <02-13-18/2156:41> »
I would say no and only allow the field of the adept with the hugest magic to apply.

I see the adepts with this quality as jammers. Since noise generators do not stack then why should this quality?

Maybe as a new ritual, I would allow it. But then you are opening up other problems.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #3 on: <02-13-18/2208:52> »
I'm backing PiXeL01.  It wouldn't stack; whichever adept was "most pacifistic" would have their penalty applied whenever a potential target is in range of both.  Reducing limits by 4 is already big enough that a lot of people would only be able to keep 1 or 2 hits, making it very easy to avoid their attacks.
« Last Edit: <02-13-18/2210:29> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <02-14-18/0542:47> »
They are walking glitch generators.
It's pretty awesome as is.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <02-15-18/1147:10> »
Honestly decreasing the #1 you need is still very unlikely to produce glitch barring your die pool being below 10. The Limit is the real issue, and would be the reason I wouldn't let it stack, Stronger magic rating/effect takes precedence.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking