NEWS

Kill Code

• 228 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: (14:22:28/08-06-18) »
You wouldn't happen to know when the Kill Code pdf hits the market?

I've got some time and good weather to spend in a hammock reading...
I've asked a couple of times, but nothing yet.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: (14:50:51/08-06-18) »
You wouldn't happen to know when the Kill Code pdf hits the market?

I've got some time and good weather to spend in a hammock reading...
I've asked a couple of times, but nothing yet.

Keep in mind that it was Gen Con this weekend.  And Gen Con is a black hole that devours everything at CGL from the moment Origins ends to at least a few days after the show.  Due to booth teardown times and such, no one at CGL even leaves Indianapolis until sometime today (Monday). 

I expect we'll see it, but possibly not till the end of the week depending on how much of a coma everyone is in.

(Seriously, if you've never worked a con, you cannot imagine how bloody exhausting Gen Con is.)

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #32 on: (15:24:57/08-06-18) »

Keep in mind that it was Gen Con this weekend.  And Gen Con is a black hole that devours everything at CGL from the moment Origins ends to at least a few days after the show.  Due to booth teardown times and such, no one at CGL even leaves Indianapolis until sometime today (Monday). 

I expect we'll see it, but possibly not till the end of the week depending on how much of a coma everyone is in.

(Seriously, if you've never worked a con, you cannot imagine how bloody exhausting Gen Con is.)
Counter-argument is that Shattered Fortress for BattleTech was in the same announcement, and the PDF version dropped over the weekend.  Apples to oranges, I know, but it's a data point.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: (16:10:49/08-06-18) »
I think that just speaks for the teams within CGL and not it as a whole. It seems the Battletech people have there stuff together.
Yeah, TMs got thrown in the cell with Bubba the Love Troll and sandpaper for lube.
there is autosofts for everything  8)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: (16:12:57/08-06-18) »
Eh, as long as they don't fuck up the index I can wait until the weekend...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

TeOdio

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #35 on: (16:24:24/08-06-18) »
Index, LOL...

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #36 on: (17:24:13/08-06-18) »
I think that just speaks for the teams within CGL and not it as a whole. It seems the Battletech people have there stuff together.
Could we not turn even 'when will the pdf come out' into an insult-match please. -_- There's no point in constant talking trash.
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #37 on: (18:48:13/08-06-18) »

Counter-argument is that Shattered Fortress for BattleTech was in the same announcement, and the PDF version dropped over the weekend.  Apples to oranges, I know, but it's a data point.

I'm pretty sure CGL Upper management likes BT way more than SR, and it gets way more love from them. ;)

But also, and more seriously, different line devs, time tables, and IIRC different people responsible for uploading the PDFs to the web shop and Drive Thru. 

<shrug>

That, or its divine punishment for the epic bitching about TMs ;)  <grin>

Marcus

• Ace Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #38 on: (19:24:12/08-06-18) »

BULLLL... Why is it when you post in one my threads I keep ending up getting upset with you?
I totally understand the post con issue, and I totally get why I don't expect to see the book until sometime next week. No big thing. But lets be real for sec here. This has been an issue for more then 3 years. There was a whole book that could have fixed this issue, heck we got 2 alchemy update and even a new system release in that time period no one asked for. That feedback thread is so old, I have friend who's marriages and kids that are younger then it. It was not unreasonable in anyway to have expected a fix for something that anyone who thoroughly read the core must have known was going to be a problem and some folks must known well before the core was even released.

I support SR b/c like you, I love the game, But do not blame the fans because we wanted fix for one of the biggest known issue in the whole of the current edition.
« Last Edit: (01:06:13/08-07-18) by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #39 on: (00:53:57/08-07-18) »
An act of GOD, eh? Damn G-men!
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #40 on: (10:07:42/08-07-18) »
Frankly, if it's a business judgment issue, I'm okay waiting a bit longer.  I was reading Designers & Dragons, and it's amazing how the much the history of the RPG industry is littered with companies overextending themselves.
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Iron Serpent Prince

• Chummer
« Reply #41 on: (12:41:37/08-07-18) »
There's no point in constant talking trash.

You don't want people acting (US) presidentially on the forums?  :P

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #42 on: (15:05:06/08-07-18) »
There's no point in constant talking trash.

You don't want people acting (US) presidentially on the forums?  :P
FYI, best to keep RL politics and religious talk off the forums unless it is relevant, and then make sure to keep it civil.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Iron Serpent Prince

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: (18:43:11/08-08-18) »
Whatever.

I'm not going to stoop to writing for the least common denominator at all times.  If the least common denominator wants to get their panties in a knot over it, that isn't my problem.

Now, if I start directing political comments at posters (such as Libtards, MAGAts, Trumpkins, etc.) OR condescendingly and insultingly starting a quoted reply with "FYI," feel free to spout your unsolicited advice about how you demand everyone on the internet behaves for your benefit.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #44 on: (19:27:38/08-08-18) »
With as much Southerness as I can muster, let me say to you, "Bless your heart."

That was not a demand, but a suggestion and a warning that RL politics and religion draws in the admins, and they have nice, shiny banhammers ready for people who do such things. I was trying to be nice to you, but by all means, ignore the warning.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters