NEWS

Need help building the ultimate support techno

• 5 Replies

Frogsplosion

• Newb
« on: <03-16-17/1627:16> »
Well, I've officially given up, deckers are just better.  :)
« Last Edit: <04-02-17/1833:44> by Frogsplosion »

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-17/0949:14> »
Skinlink >>>>>>>>>>>>>Baby Monitor.  Overwatch Score never matters, it's very easy to manage, especially for a Techno.  Grab Cleaner as a CF if you're worried about your Overwatch Score and just keep it at 0.  Most of what a Technomancer does, doesn't generate an Overwatch Score anyway.   

See Sig for recommended TM builds.  I do like the Cheerleader Technomancer Concept.  It's just that your Machine Sprites can buff so much more than you can, and squeezing in the Leadership and Charisma gives up a lot.  IMO.  I've tried building the Cheerleader TM, but was never really happy with it.  You're giving up on hacking stuff to get more buffing things when you're already the king of buffing things.  Just never seemed like a good trade off to me, but YMMV.

Frogsplosion

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-30-17/1638:53> »
updated op with new build, let me know what you think. (also having anti botting measures on every new thread, edit, and new post seems a tad bit extreme, good lord)

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <03-30-17/1715:02> »
Is that a Specialization on a Skill Group? Also you haven't bought 6 Datachips. You bought 60.  Having a Body of 4 is less than optimal, and having a Charisma of 1 is rather dangerous. You'll have next to no matrix combat options (unless you take Resonance Spike). 

Frogsplosion

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-30-17/1737:12> »
Is that a Specialization on a Skill Group? Also you haven't bought 6 Datachips. You bought 60.  Having a Body of 4 is less than optimal, and having a Charisma of 1 is rather dangerous. You'll have next to no matrix combat options (unless you take Resonance Spike).

nope that +2 to crack file tests comes from Curiosity Killed The Cat. I'm seriously considering resonance spike, at current my default response to matrix combat is either jack out or summon a monster fault sprite to handle it, but realistically I want to avoid it entirely. also, whoops, didnt realize tags came in 10s. I'm not a troll, and my last build had a body of 1, so I'll consider this a huge step up. Yes going up 1 point would give me an extra box, but I dont really want to subract from anything. I could drop body to 3 and throw a point into strength or charisma I suppose. I'm not really sure why having a 1 in charisma is dangerous, I'm not the face nor do I have skill points to spare on social skills. I suppose technically a charisma of 2 would at least let me roll one die, might be worth it.

Glonthein

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-31-17/1106:34> »
I think it has more to do with charisma being your living persona's Attack matrix attribute. Although be it 1 or 2, you are not going to do much in either case, so i guess it depends if you plan on using those attack actions later on.
Also, I know almost everyone says to use alot machine sprites and diagnostic, but be careful - more than 1 GM will forbid it to be use on everything, and some will even only allow it for hardware test when they see how strong it is. Just in case, think of other ways of assisting your teammates when those guns of yours can't be used.