NEWS

Tir Tairngire - Coup of 2064

• 34 Replies

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <04-08-17/1444:31> »
Yes. One of the adventures in the Harlequin module is set in his residence outside Bogotá.
Which probably got leveled during the Azt/Am war.

I think Ehran's plantation was located somewhere along the Jutaí River which puts it in the northwest but well beyond Bogotá and the Aztlan-Amazonian border.

Either way, the entire area is extremely toxic (thanks Aztlan!). Without some massive cleanup efforts, the area's astral is probably far too toxic for him, or any mage for that matter.

That's if Aztlan didn't go out of their way to firebomb the place into oblivion because reasons. I'm sure they have ways of finding out the true identity of the property's owner. Even if they don't, they would know that the owner is stupid wealthy, has absurd amounts of magical security, and isn't on their side.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #31 on: <04-08-17/1550:00> »
Either way, the entire area is extremely toxic (thanks Aztlan!). Without some massive cleanup efforts, the area's astral is probably far too toxic for him, or any mage for that matter.

That's if Aztlan didn't go out of their way to firebomb the place into oblivion because reasons. I'm sure they have ways of finding out the true identity of the property's owner. Even if they don't, they would know that the owner is stupid wealthy, has absurd amounts of magical security, and isn't on their side.

There's a cool run idea there. "Ehran was forced to abandon his Amazonian house during the war, leaving precious artifacts or grimoires behind. Because of the toxic areas surrounding it, he hasn't been able to return yet. Mr. Johnson wants your team to reach the place and grab the loot. What he forgot to tell you is that Ehran left powerful spirits to guard the site... Or he did tell you, but wasn't aware some of said spirits have turned toxic due to the surrounding pollution."
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <04-08-17/1604:20> »
But the place is hundreds of kilometres away from Bogotá. As far as I know the war was hardly fought on previously undisputed Amazonian territory at all. Bogotá sits above the north-western edge of the Amazon basin, the engagement on Amazonian territory was confined to this area and there air strikes were used to destroy the rainforest. The interior was never affected.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <04-08-17/1645:22> »
I think Ehran's plantation was located somewhere along the Jutaí River which puts it in the northwest but well beyond Bogotá and the Aztlan-Amazonian border.
Ah. I forgot how far away it was. Thanks.

If the Azzies knew about it (and given Harlequin's recent actions, this seems possible), they'd go out of their way to raid and/or bomb it.
« Last Edit: <04-08-17/1646:59> by Crimsondude »

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <04-08-17/1647:44> »

There's a cool run idea there. "Ehran was forced to abandon his Amazonian house during the war, leaving precious artifacts or grimoires behind. Because of the toxic areas surrounding it, he hasn't been able to return yet. Mr. Johnson wants your team to reach the place and grab the loot. What he forgot to tell you is that Ehran left powerful spirits to guard the site... Or he did tell you, but wasn't aware some of said spirits have turned toxic due to the surrounding pollution."

Dammit, stop giving me ideas! I already have several missions and at least two missions books planned, a dossier on an entirely new kingdom, and entirely new metamagics (ok, not completely new, perhaps "recovered" is a better word) all planned out, and I'm also designing a whole new tabletop RPG! GACK!
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.