NEWS

(IC) Seattle Undercover

  • 99 Replies
  • 12578 Views

Ravensoracle

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 622
« Reply #15 on: <10-27-16/2037:26> »
<Hey Jerry, what do you know about the Halloweeners? And keep your answers relevant to within the last month or so. Consequently, do you know anyone that has a beef against them, or is looking to hire people to move on the Halloweeners?>

<<Hey man, those 'Weeners are frakin crazy. I don't do business with the clowns.  I know there's been some crap happening at the top. That's about it. If you're wantin to get on their bad side I can look into it. But it's gonna cost ya. Tell Murphy it's my standard fee.>>

Max archived the Ancient contact for the moment and called Desk Sergeant Jack Eltor: <<Good morning Seargent. I need all information we have on an Ancient lieutenant called "Skids", known hangout is a bar called Shooters. And please be discreet about the search. I'm heading there now and will need all the information I can get.>>

 

<< File from Vice on all we have on Skids attached>>



<<@Liga [Abran] Hoi, omae.  Keep your ear on the street for anything you might here on the Halloweeners for me, would ya?  Ditto for any Ancients you may see coming around.  If it's actionable, there's some cred in it for you.>>

<<My ears wherever you want me to put it, Honey. I'll let ya know if I hear anything.>>

Quote
<<@Ed [Abran] What's up, slotface?  I'm looking for some info.  If your dirty hoop comes across any data on some of those oil tankers that came up missing here lately, or you hear of anybody doing dirt with explosives will you let a fragger know?  BTW, you working tonight?  Something tells me I'm gonna need a drink later on.  Don't get none on ya>>

<<What the hell case you working that you'd want to know about that? Probably just some trucking corp looking to save on their fuel bill. I have heard that a couple of warehouses were hit that had explosives stored. Figured it was some crazy runner shit ya dig. >>

Quote
<<@Bannockburn [Mercury] Look at that, the green horn's already got himself hooked up with a crew, and got himself a handle to match.  Appreciate your work on that thing last time.  It's a real beaut.  Anyway, I've been hearing some rumors there are some chummers out looking for petrol.  Large quantities.  I may have a line on something they'd be interested in.  You know the players?>>[/color]

<<@ Mercury You part of those rigs getting hit? I know a couple of people that may be interested in them.>>
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #16 on: <10-27-16/2133:45> »
<<My ears wherever you want me to put it, Honey. I'll let ya know if I hear anything.>>

<<@Liga [Abran] ur a dream.  Thanks, omae>>

<<What the hell case you working that you'd want to know about that? Probably just some trucking corp looking to save on their fuel bill. I have heard that a couple of warehouses were hit that had explosives stored. Figured it was some crazy runner shit ya dig. >>

<<@Ed [Abran] You happen to remember what warehouses, or what slitch was flapping his hoop?  It'd be a huge help, chummer>>

<<@ Mercury You part of those rigs getting hit? I know a couple of people that may be interested in them.>>

<<@Bannockburn [Mercury] What me?  Nah, I'm on the straight and narrow.  Just sometimes you find things, wiz?  I may be interested in getting a commcode or having some intros made if things pan out on this end.  You get your cut, everybody gets paid?>>

Abran turns to Max as the magician mounts his bike, "Hey, not sure how you want to play this, sir, but uh, if we wanna try another route too, I got a contact who knows some hoops looking for more fuel tankers.  If we make a delivery we could track whoever picks it up.  Maybe they take us to this mystery man."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #17 on: <10-28-16/1107:45> »
Max replied: "We'll keep that as a back up. We'd have to steel a tanker for real and I'm not sure if operations will o.k. that kind of criminal action - or they'd have to organize one for us, which would probably be even more problematic from their point of view. We are walking a fine line here in regard to the law.
But if you have an idea where we can more or less legally obtain such a vehicle - for example one that was already stolen - I'm certainly up for it.

By the way I got the file on Skidd: Suspected to have killed two Helloweeners and displayed their corpses at one of their bars. So be ready for potential unpleasantness."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #18 on: <10-28-16/1819:19> »
"Permission to speak freely, sir," Abran says.

Max shakes his head a little and rolls his fingers in quick circles toward his subordinate, the universal symbol for "get on with it."

"Well, it's just that I was under the impression that we were posing as shadowrunners, and that as part of our cover we would partaking in shadowruns, given license for assault, battery, arson, grand larceny, bribery, falsifying corporate documents, etc.  Besides, hitting somebody like Renraku or Evo is only going to help Ares' bottom line.  Anyway, just think about it, should things not pan out with this Skids hoop.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #19 on: <10-29-16/0218:06> »
<I'll let you know if I need that intro or not.> answered Twitch before hanging up. Turning to the rest of the team, he said "Jerry's got nothing but says for the proper fees he could dig and get us a way to work against the Halloweeners." After listening to what Abran and Max said, Weber replied "Yeah, I remember seeing Skidd's file. I think homicide is investigating him for those murders though, but I can't tell you who's got lead on that one. I'll take the car and follow you if you need backup."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #20 on: <10-29-16/0755:49> »
"Permission to speak freely, sir," Abran says.

Max shakes his head a little and rolls his fingers in quick circles toward his subordinate, the universal symbol for "get on with it."

"Well, it's just that I was under the impression that we were posing as shadowrunners, and that as part of our cover we would partaking in shadowruns, given license for assault, battery, arson, grand larceny, bribery, falsifying corporate documents, etc.  Besides, hitting somebody like Renraku or Evo is only going to help Ares' bottom line.  Anyway, just think about it, should things not pan out with this Skids hoop.

Max shook his head: "No need to say sir. Primus inter pares - first among equals. Just MnM or Gladius.

As I said, this is a fine line with lots of grey area. We certainly have to commit some crimes - but we have to be able to prove that there was no other way to further the case. Shadow runners are deniable assets, that's why the corps like to use them for this kind of stuff. But we will have to answer for all we have done after this assignment is over. That also means we have to be judicious in our use of lethal force - or at least in how we write our reports. But we need to keep plausible deniability for us and for our boss.   
And as I said, we'll keep that as a back up option."


Max took out a helmet from the bike's compartment and put it on. "Alright than, let's check out Shooters."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ravensoracle

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 622
« Reply #21 on: <10-30-16/1750:17> »
<<@Ed [Abran] You happen to remember what warehouses, or what slitch was flapping his hoop?  It'd be a huge help, chummer>>

<<All I know is that it was a couple of private contractors. Not exactly anyone that would reporting the thefts to the police.>>

<<@Bannockburn [Mercury] What me?  Nah, I'm on the straight and narrow.  Just sometimes you find things, wiz?  I may be interested in getting a commcode or having some intros made if things pan out on this end.  You get your cut, everybody gets paid?>>

<<I got a couple of trucking companies I know of always looking for help with the bottom line. You get one of those fuel trucks you let me know.>>


------------------------------------------------------------

The trip deeper into the Barrens is somewhat disconcerting. you guys are going lightly armed into what normally would be a major operation for a Knight Errant Department.  Surprisingly though there is very little in the way of barriers for you to get in. You do come across a roadblock and after parting with a measly 100 Nuyen you are through without a problem, Once you reach a location near the bar you know you are deep in a Z-zone. Most of the buildings are decrepit. What counts as normal city infrastructure is practically non-existent. The bar itself is one of the few buildings actually standing in more or less complete shape. A large neon sign glows above the door with the cursive spelling of Shooters. 
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #22 on: <10-30-16/1846:25> »
Max took off the helmet and secured it again with his bike - hopefully both would still be here after the meet.
He nodded towards his two colleagues to assemble before going in. <<Remember, we are without backup and far away from any patrols. If there is trouble we retreat.
Let's do this.>>


Entering the bar, Max loosened this coat for easy access to his gun. He didn't bother to take of his hat while he quickly took stock of his surroundings, looking for Skid.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #23 on: <10-30-16/2321:34> »
Relieved that the team had made it to the bar without any major setbacks (the fee was nothing to write home about), Weber listened to the ranking officer and acknowledged his instructions. He walked in with the others, ready for whatever was about to happen, on the lookout for Skidds.

[spoiler]I assumed the inside of the bar had partial lighting, but if it's dim, just remove the last 2 rolls. Perception 4 + Visual 2 + Intuition 4 + Hawkeye 1 + Vision Enhancement 3 + Actively Looking 3 - Partial Light 1: 16d6t5 1 Wow... at least it wasn't a glitch.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-30-16/2339:56> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #24 on: <11-01-16/1809:31> »
When his superior officer outlined his thinking on the oil rigs, Abran nodded thoughtfully.  "Roger that, si-- eh Max."

Since they were heading deeper into the Barrens, Mercury donned his ballistic mask for the drive over.  Only a few blocks out, and he gets a comm from Bannockburn, practically burning the strong-armed robbery angle. 

<<@ Team [Mercury] How are we playing this when we get in there?  We some hired guns that'll take care of his problems for him?>>

Max takes care of the roadblock, and the gangers along with it with a simple transfer of cred, and after another ten or so they pull up under the neon glow of Shooters.  Abran is the last to enter, giving the street a cursory look and taking off his ballistic mask, which he deposits in the large pocket of his armored jacket, but it takes hardly any time at all for his eyes to adjust to the dim lighting of the bar.  He takes it all in with a deep breath, and then approaches the bartender, ordering "Whatever synth beer ya got on tap."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #25 on: <11-01-16/1932:32> »
<<Hired guns is probably the best approach. If he pushes for why we came to him, we answer truthfully that going against the Halloweeners is a way for us to make ourselves a name in this city. And remember if the talk goes south, we try to deescalate and leave.

Oh and just to be clear: From now on code names only.>>


Max slowly followed Abran to the bar, but didn't order anything yet.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ravensoracle

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 622
« Reply #26 on: <11-02-16/1445:22> »
The bar is dark and full of smoke. It's patrons are made up of gangers and locals. Since this is a dangerous part of town everyone is packing. Some even carrying assault rifles and shotguns. It doesn't take much to recognize that their is a leader here. Skids is sitting in a corner booth in the back. A couple of of his underlings are sitting with him. None of them are touching the beers that have been setting their for a while. It appears they are all talking business because they are talking in hushed tones. No laughing, or cheerful faces.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #27 on: <11-02-16/1631:14> »
<<Alright, showtime it's the guy in the corner booth. Get your game face on.>>

[spoiler]Etiquette: 5d6t5 2 [5d6t5=1, 6, 5, 1, 4] [/spoiler]

Max squared his shoulders and strode confidently towards Skid's table.
"Greetings Gentlemen." He waited half a second until he was sure he had their attention. "Skid I presume. If I may introduce us: This is Twitch and Mercury and I'm called Gladius. We are here because we have a business proposal for you."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ravensoracle

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 622
« Reply #28 on: <11-02-16/2139:01> »
Skid leans back and takes a moment to take you all in. "So you got my attention. What's your proposal?"
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #29 on: <11-03-16/0506:58> »
"Word on the street is that the Halloweeners have been uppity lately. Reorganizing, professionalizing and a few other -izings more, even trying to take chunks of territory from other esteemed organizations like yours. All thanks to their new head honcho. Our proposal is to remove this honcho's head from the equation - for a small fee and all the information you have on this guy and his operation.
Now, I'm aware that you and your men are perfectly capable to take care of a bunch of Halloweeners by yourself, but I'm pretty certain you have better things to do - taking care of business for example."

Max nodded towards their untouched beverages: "As the bard says, the drink tastes all the sweeter with your enemies in a shallow grave..."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex