NEWS

Anarchy Narration Aid

• 16 Replies

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« on: <10-04-16/0109:56> »
This is a document that I have used with my players for our SR:Anarchy runs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h7srg2ztynm7l0/Anarchy%20Narration%20Aid.pdf?dl=0 Old.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8awm1b59mt38hy6/Anarchy%20Narration%20Aid%20%26%20Ref.pdf?dl=0 New!

This Narration Aid has some assumptions and a few renamed items:
  • Assumes Cinematic Narration, p. 54
  • Assumes Cooldown Rules, p. 57
  • Assumes use of multiple Shadow Amps on a single test (as confirmed in other forums)
  • Assumes Surprise Threat can introduce any threat (NPC or obstacle)
  • Assumes First Aid can also fix armor and Matrix damage
  • Renames Malfunction to Frag it/Jam it; synonymous with cooldown
  • Renames A dish best served cold to Get Revenge
  • Names a few uses of Plot Points not listed but still described in later chapters
  • Assumes you are using NPC Threats from http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25126.0

[Edit] Added second page with sample tests.
  • House Rule counterspelling combat spells as your Sorcery + Willpower Taking the hit instead of other defenses (spend a Plot Point)
  • Assumes 6P or 5S/AA as the new spell default, p. 207
  • Assumes 8 opposing dice is average for most effect spells
  • House Rule Matrix damage is Logic/2 (like cyber-punching) because base damage for cyber combat is not described
  • House Rule Threading (Tasking) base damage is 5S (like spells)
  • House Rule counterspelling effect spells as a contest of Sorcery + Willpower
  • Assumes summoning Spirits (or compiling Sprites) has easy, average, and very hard levels of difficulty
  • Assumes banishing Spirits (or decompiling Sprites) uses Willpower + Edge (or Firewall + Edge) as defense

[Edit] Added a third page with Attribute Tests and a number of examples of Living Dangerously to simulate certain exciting actions from SR5.
  • Assumes Falling is a Strength + Agility test.
  • House Rule Living Dangerously to Suppressing Fire, Overcasting, Dive for Cover, etc.
  • House Rule Montage Rules for stylized Legwork and Investigation.
  • House Rule Flashback Rules for stylized Flashbacks and Preparation.

[Edit] Added a fourth page with Opposing Dice Difficulties, Environmental Modifiers, Environmental Effects.  Also added rules for using Montages.  Re-arranged things to fit better if printing 2-to-a-page.
  • House Rule Simple Hits can be used for tests for NPCs interacting with the environment or with other NPCs.  Keeps rolling against yourself to a minimum.
  • Assumes some sample environmental modifiers including Cover, Concealment, Distraction, Disorientation, etc.
  • House Rule Lava/Magma to the Universal Game System rules for Lava/Magma.
  • Assumes Cold and Fire environmental effects.

Let me know what you think?
« Last Edit: <03-18-17/2129:08> by Gingivitis »
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Veggiesama

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-05-16/1000:55> »
I like this. I wil l get some great use out of this. I also noticed the +1 die for pre-Edging, which is a reasonable buff to that weaker option.

Noble Drake

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-05-16/1438:56> »
I like it too.

I made a thing like this for my group when we started SR5, but it was too crowded despite my best efforts and basically no one learned anything from it - this, thanks to the elegance of Anarchy, will definitely be useful to them though.

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-16/1700:26> »
I'll upload the back page (hopefully tonight). It includes all of the action tests in their most basic form and the basic results of those tests.  Obviously that page has some assumptions as well since some mechanics are not well discussed in Anarchy.  Like counterspelling, conjuring/compiling opposition dice, and cybercombat damage.

[Edit] Added second page to the original DL
« Last Edit: <10-06-16/0121:01> by Gingivitis »
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-07-16/0250:09> »
I updated the Anarchy Narrative Aid (it helped a lot, btw in my game tonight).

-Changed the background to a more simple grey (when I converted from Word to PDF, the background did some weird zebra shit.  Hard to read.  Now it's better).
-Adjusted some phrasing regarding Shadow Amps after clarification from the author of that section of Anarchy and their intent.

Enjoy.

waspeyelad

• Newb
  • /u/ockbald's here!
« Reply #5 on: <10-07-16/2018:44> »
I just wanted to thank you for sharing this, the compile/decompile notes will help my deckers keep track of their actions.

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-13-16/0214:21> »
Anarchy Narration Aid Edits

Like the Narration Aid I previously posted, it has some assumptions and a few renamed items:

- Cinematic Initiative (p. 54); Cooldowns (p. 57); "First Aid" can repair Armor/Matrix damage too; "Malfunction" is renamed "Frag it/jam it"; "A dish best served cold" is renamed "Get revenge."
- Matrix Attack has a damage value of [Logic/2], basically like cyber-punching.  This because the book has no mention of how to calculate Matrix damage.
- Threading Attack (Resonance Spike) has a damage of 5S.  This is to match the errata for spell damage basics as 6P or 5S/AA.
- Counterspelling a combat spell allows the sorcerer to use Sorcery + Willpower instead of normal defense by spending a Plot Point.  The counterspell Takes the hit, basically.
- Counterspelling an effect spell is a test between Sorcery + Willpower of casters..
- Spirits use Willpower + Edge to defend.  Defense dice are not specified in the book, and Will +Cha is too high in my experience.
- Sprites use Logic + Edge to defend. Same as above.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-21-16/1447:11> »
This is a great breakdown. Thank you for sharing it.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #8 on: <11-04-16/1038:45> »
I came looking for this, but unfortunately the dropbox link seems to be dead?  (I got a 'no document here, someone might have moved it' type of error message).  Is there a new link?

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <11-04-16/1508:23> »
Sorry.  New link up now.  It looks like it's working again.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #10 on: <11-04-16/1628:21> »
Thanks!

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <11-25-16/0249:47> »
Added a third page with attribute tests and a number of examples of Living Dangerously to simulate certain exciting actions from SR5.

I posted the Living Dangerously ideas here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25429.0

Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: <11-25-16/0252:33> by Gingivitis »

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-04-16/0211:53> »
Added a fourth page with opposing dice difficulties, common environment modifiers, environmental effects.  Filled the third page with Montage rules.

I posted the Montage Rule ideas here: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25475.0

Let me know what you think.

R.L.

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <01-06-17/0506:42> »

This summary is highly useful and will see use in my future game sessions! Perhaps Catalyst Game Labs might consider the contents of this Narration Aid to be added as an appendix in their next update of the PDF version of Shadowrun: Anarchy.

Thank you for your work and effort, Gingivitis!

Console_Cowboy

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <02-01-17/1502:29> »
These are fantastic and I will be using them in my upcoming SRA game.

Any thoughts on Deckers and bricking gear, weapons, and/or cyberware?
“The future us already here. It’s just unevenly distributed.”
-Neuromancer