NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

  • 366 Replies
  • 24192 Views

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #315 on: (22:34:53/02-21-17) »
O'Connor returned fire at his attackers. Between the loud reports of exchanged gunfire and his focused bloodlust, O'Connor didn't even register Clem's message.

[spoiler]
IP 3
Simple Action: Take Aim
Simple Action:  Narrow Long Burst

Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 - CM 1 = Pool 11
Automatics: 11d6t5 7

Damage
Colt M23 6P + Explosive Rounds 1P + Narrow Long Burst 5P = 12P + net hits

IP 4
Simple Action: Take Aim
Simple Action:  Narrow Long Burst

Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 1 - CM 1 = Pool 11
Automatics: 11d6t5 1
Edge to re-roll misses
Automatics: 10d6t5 2
Total hits: 3

Damage
Colt M23 6P + Explosive Rounds 1P + Narrow Long Burst 5P = 12P + net hits
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #316 on: (02:41:01/02-22-17) »
Sammy saw that a number of people were firing at Clem.  Since her own target had decided that he had an urgent meeting somewhere else and was now on his way to see exactly what that meeting was, she could do something about that.  She picked one of the people shooting at Clem she could see and lobbed another stunbolt.

[spoiler]
force 5 stunbolt on the sniper
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 wounds= 9: 9d6t5 5
I'm on a roll. :)

drain 1:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 6

no drain
target can roll willpower
DV: 5S + net hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: (02:50:02/02-22-17) by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #317 on: (23:02:09/02-26-17) »
Clementine is thrown to the ground by the force of the sniper’s shot, her armor holding as the team brings down or disables several more targets, but the real action seems to be, by Clem’s recollection, coming from up the trail behind their attackers.  Most of the guys back there are shooting the other way and screaming African gibberish, with the exception of the one shooting at Clem, who even now is locking another round in his scoped hunting rifle.

No one else seems to notice the specifics of the commotion, though Snow clearly hears the word “DEMON!!” screamed out before the dying wails overcome every other noise.

A gigantic dark mass then tramples through and over the truck, destroying it utterly.  Gore splattered with a corpse clutched in one tentacle and another hanging from a tusk it screams in triumph, starting to slow its charge until it sees the runner’s truck and with a different trumpeting blast, it bears down on them.

The only thing between you?  Two boys, one paralyzed by fear, the other still semi-catatonic.



Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #318 on: (00:04:35/02-28-17) »
Snow sends a message by 'link because she is not sure that anyone will hear her over the noise.  >>Team [Snow]:  They said this is a demon of some kind.  I am not sure if our truck can stand up to it so you might want to leave.<<

After sending the message, she tries to move Jane and the kid closer to the tree she is using for cover.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #319 on: (23:11:19/03-10-17) »
O'Connor roared in triumph as he took down his assailants. It was drowned out, however, by a much louder and more menacing roar. O'Connor turned to the source as was utterly dumbfounded. The thing, whatever it was, has come out of nowhere and made short work the the enemy truck and its crew. He was having a hard time trying to figure out what the creature was, but he knew he was going to love fighting it.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #320 on: (05:11:16/03-12-17) »
Snow moves both of her patients to the side of the tree opposite the truck so they are protected from any debris if the demon should attack their vehicle.  Afterwards, she intends to draw her pistol and see what she can do to support her team.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #321 on: (01:58:18/03-14-17) »
Clem fumbled trying to crawl away from the horrible vision of a beast that was barreling down towards them. The size, the brute force and the timing of it all conspired to make the ork recoil back in fear, inaudibly saying to the rest of the team <What the drek... that thing... it's coming...>

In a moment of fear and panic, she got back up and fired towards the beast.

[spoiler] Hopefully I played this well. I don't know if there are any negative modifiers to Clem's attack (I imagine there would be), but I didn't want to risk anything so we can just take away dice at the end of the rolls if there is anything to substract. Jungle R2P1 〜 Agility 8 + Firearms 4: 12d6t5 7 No glitch. This is a wide burst shot from her SMG, so a -2 defending dice pool and a standard 5P + net hits.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #322 on: (13:23:05/03-19-17) »
"What the ...," was a quite logical reaction when Sammy spotted the creature.  She quickly shifted her vision to the astral to check what it looked like on there and hopefully to gain a clue as to what to do about it.

[spoiler]
assensing:
intuition 3 + assensing 3 -CM2 =4: 4d6t5 2
Not bad with only 4 dice.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #323 on: (15:26:50/03-20-17) »
Sam was having a really bad afternoon, what with the crash, the hard work getting the beast of a vehicle back on the road, having to sit by while someone else did the talking simply because he couldn't understand the fragging language, to suddenly seeing someone explode in front of him. When the beast suddenly demolished the truck, Sam's eyes glazed over as his brain decided to take a vacation and stop processing what he was seeing for a moment. It was just too much, too quickly.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #324 on: (15:34:45/03-24-17) »
The massive beast covers the distance quickly, the tentacles and tusks sprouting from a gaping maw.  The shotgun tears chunks of meat from it, but if it feels pain, it certainly doesn’t seem to show it. 

As it slams its massive cranium into the truck (Torley takes crash damage, 12S vs ˝ Impact), it brushes by the boys, who are flung into the brush, and O’Conner (Resist 8S, impact armor applies, plus knockdown)

The truck sputters and dies as it lurches sideways, brushing the mage using it for cover (same attack for Sammy, 8S + Impact w/Knockdown).

This close, the four-legged beast resembles some kind of hellish pachyderm, with a kraken for a face.  While it is definitely not any normal critter, it is not magical or demonic.

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #325 on: (08:08:17/04-06-17) »
The beast's collision with the truck was strong enough to slam Sam against some of the less forgiving surfaces. As he slipped into unconsciousness, he found himself thinking of Lyra, back in Seattle.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #326 on: (02:35:27/04-09-17) »
The beast's charge threw O'Connor to the ground, knocking the wind out of him. It took quite a bit of willpower to get backup. He was sure that most of his ribs were bruised, if not cracked. He backed away from the creature to create as much distance as possible. A few more hits like that and he'd be out of the fight.  He called out to the team, "Surround it. We need to keep its attention divided." He fired a stream of bullets at the creature.

[spoiler=Stand Up (2)]
Body 4 + Willpower 3 - CM 2 = Pool 5
Stand Up: 5d6t5 1
Edge to re-roll
Stand Up: 4d6t5 1
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Narrow Long Burst]
Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink 2 - CM 2 = Pool 9
Automatics: 9d6t5 3

Damage
Colt M23 6P + Explosive Rounds 1P + Narrow Long Burst 5P = 12P + net hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: (08:30:20/04-09-17) by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #327 on: (10:33:43/04-11-17) »
Snow steps away from the two patients and fires twice at the beast.

1st shot:  Shoot: 7d6t5 3

2nd shot:  Shoot: 7d6t5 3
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #328 on: (14:54:00/04-11-17) »
Sammy didn't waste time to try and figure out what it was.  It was hostile, no matter the reason, so it had to be subdued.  She gestured as she had learned and threw a stunbolt at the creature.

[spoiler]
force 5 stunbolt:
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 wounds= 9: 9d6t5 2
only 2 hits, but I want to save my last edge to make sure I can survive.

DV: 5S + net hits

drain 1:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 2
no drain

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #329 on: (02:31:25/04-16-17) »
O'Connor aimed for the creature's knee, hoping to keep it from charging again.

[spoiler]
IP 3
Free: Called shot - knee
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Take Aim

IP 4
Simple: Narrow Burst
Free: Called shot - other knee (same knee if first attack is unsuccessful)
Simple: Take Aim

Agility 5 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink 2 + Take Aim 2 - Called Shot 4 - CM 2 = Pool 7
Automatics: 7d6t5 3

Damage
Colt M23 6P + Explosive Rounds 1P + Narrow Burst 2P = 9P + net hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: (02:33:25/04-16-17) by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters