NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

  • 366 Replies
  • 24855 Views

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #300 on: <01-18-17/2217:54> »
Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that when a person is explosively decapitated by weapons fire, the body will do one of two things.  Either it will simply not register the loss, and do nothing until it falls to the ground, or there will be some frenetic activity with no real purpose, spasms or random movement about an area.

This encounter will not add to that knowledge base, as the microsecond after O’Conner’s shot decapitates the envoy Snow had been speaking to, Clementine’s shotgun blast destroys 95% of the connective tissue in the man’s torso. 

The young escorts of the man are not only sprayed with gore, like everyone nearby, but each are additionally “gifted” with one of his arms.  The boy with some awareness of the situation is cuffed by the right arm, spoiling his chance to effectively return fire, and the boy enamored with Snow’s charms actually catches the left, which he stares at as dumbly as he did the previous bits of anatomy that had caught his attention.

The ones who brought out the water are scrambling for some cover in the brush and drawing weapons, and the magical conflagration that consumes one side of the road eliminates any threat beyond some high degree of burn.  That leaves 3 attackers of any consequence, the two sneaking up on O’Conner’s flank, and a rifleman in the truck who had been aiming at Clementine as long she had been aiming at her target.  The rest of the locals don’t really have the wherewithal to be involved immediately.

Bad guys shooting: 2#6d6t5 2 3 8d6t5 1

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #301 on: <01-19-17/0014:48> »
O'Connor laughed devilishly at the gorey display of what a burst of explosive rounds and a close range shotgun blast did to a body. As he advanced from his hiding spot out into the open, he turned his attention to the two on his flank. Even with his injuries, O'Connor easily sidestepped the first burst of fire and ducked beneath the second.

[spoiler=Full Dodge]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 + Ranged 2 - CM 1 = Pool 18
Dodge: 18d6t5 5

Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 + Ranged 2 - CM 1 - Previous Attack 1 = Pool 17
Dodge: 17d6t5 8
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #302 on: <01-19-17/0810:06> »
The bullet fired by the rifleman aimed at Clementine betrayed the shooter's lack of experience as it buried itself deep in the tree the ork was hiding behind, making a hollow sound as it breached the bark. The scene unfolding in front of her, Clem pumped her shotgun, expelling the spent cartridge in a small cloud of gunpowder smoke as the next round lodged itself in the chamber, ready to be fired. The image of the near explosion of her target dancing around in her head forced a grin from the corner of the ork's mouth and a small chuckle of satisfaction.

[spoiler]Reaction 8: 8d6t5 2 no glitches. Nothing fancy, just a simple miss.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #303 on: <01-19-17/2128:26> »
The truck sputters a bit and roars to life as assault rifle fire pings off the armor as Snow dive behind the truck.  Torley notes that the oblique angle is probably the only reason that some of the fire isn't ricocheting around inside the cabin at the same time he notes the winch cable is woven through a sturdy set of trees.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #304 on: <01-20-17/0803:43> »
"Left side neutralised," Sammy said as she noted that if someone had survived the fireball, he wasn't a danger anymore.  As the rest seemed to be under control and she got a serious headache from the fireball, she decided to keep an eye out for anything that needed doing, but stop casting as not to make her headache worse.  She did take her pistol out, just in case it was needed.
« Last Edit: <01-20-17/0926:11> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #305 on: <01-20-17/1409:35> »
Snow can't see any of the enemy from her position behind the truck.  Grimacing, she sends a message to her companions.  --Team (Snow): My vision is blocked.  Who needs help and where do I go?--
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #306 on: <02-05-17/1429:56> »
Sammy had a headache, but when she looked around the truck and spotted one of the attackers, she decided to drop him with a stunbolt, so they would have at least one person to ask questions after the shooting stopped.  She had seen O'Connor and it was a lot easier to get him to start shooting than to get him to stop shooting.  Staying behind the truck as much as possible, she let go of the stunbolt.

[spoiler]
force 5 stunbolt
magic 5 + spellcasting 6 - 2 wounds= 9: 9d6t5 6
very good roll. :)

drain 1:
willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 2

no drain
target can roll willpower
DV: 5S + net hits
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #307 on: <02-05-17/1934:03> »
The spent cartridge flew away from the sheer force Clem had pulled on the reloading mechanism on her new shotgun. She barely had time to slightly move the barrel before her finger had pulled the trigger, firing towards her second target.

[spoiler]Same deal as the last shot, minus the aim. Jungle R1P1 〜 Agility 8 + Firearms 4 - Cover 2: 10d6t5 3 No glitches. This time she will shoot a wide burst, so that's a -2 dice pool modifier. So 9P + net hits.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #308 on: <02-15-17/2132:41> »
The truck's controls were a bit more complicated than the modern cars Sam was used to, so it took him a bit to get it started. Finally, however, his efforts were rewarded as the antique roared to life. Looking up, he was just in time to see the man Snow had been talking with suddenly transform into a sticky-looking red, wet cloud. Luckily, he hadn't eaten since they'd left the airport, so he managed to avoid getting the inside of the truck messier, but that was all he was able to do.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #309 on: <02-17-17/0619:29> »
Clem quickly responds to Snow's message. <Keep an eye on Jane and shoot anyone that comes close. Meanwhile, do some 'trix drek and try to find something I don't know.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #310 on: <02-18-17/1325:09> »
Snow grins.  >>On it, Boss.<<

She cannot watch and go to VR at the same time, so she tries to look into the matrix while watching the location where Jane and the boy were put.  Sadly, the link to the matrix here is pretty weak and the noise plus her own injuries mean that she has no luck in the matrix department.  She goes over to her two patients and kneels beside a tree near them, ready to shoot any of the enemy who approaches.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #311 on: <02-20-17/2053:04> »
The two water bearers targeted were hit hard, the other two shot back at Clem as the obvious threat, along with the sniper at the truck.

: 2#6d6t5 1 4 8d6t5 4

: 2#5d6t5 1 1

The two in the jungle send full auto wide bursts at O’Conner

: 2#4d6t5 2 2

The others at the truck also shoot, but to no real effect.



Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #312 on: <02-20-17/2211:54> »
O'Connor weaved between the withering hail of fire from the jungle as he advanced on his attackers. The ground around him was chewed to pieces, but the psychotic adept remained unscathed. His laughter never ceased, "Spray and pray won't work on me! This really the best you can do?!"

[spoiler=Dodge]
Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 + Ranged 2 - CM 1 - Wide Full Burst 9 = Pool 9
Dodge: 9d6t5 4

Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Dodge 2 + Ranged 2 - CM 1 - Wide Full Burst 9 - Previous Attack 1 = Pool 8
Dodge: 8d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #313 on: <02-21-17/0508:55> »
With her shotgun, Clem knew she would be the centre of attention. From behind her tree, she heard bullets whiz by and felt the unmistakable sting of a projectile hit her.

[spoiler]I have a lot of rolls to make, so here goes: Dodge 1 ~ Reaction 8 + Good Cover 4: 12d6t5 5 No glitch. First shot misses. Dodge 2 ~ Reaction 8 + Good Cover 4 -1 Previous Attack: 11d6t5 4 No glitch. Second shot grazes. Dodge 3 ~ Reaction 8 + Good Cover 4 -2 Previous Attack: 10d6t5 1 No glitch. I will use one point of edge to re-roll misses. Edge: 9d6t5 2 No glitch. So that's one net hit on the third attack. Dodge 4 ~ Reaction 8 + Good Cover 4 - 3 Previous Attack: 9d6t5 3 No glitch. Fourth shot misses. Dodge 5 ~ Reaction 8 + Good Cover 4 - 4 Previous Attack: 8d6t5 2 No glitch. Fifth shot misses.

So I don't know who the 8 dicepool was nor their damage value, but I'll roll resistance  and you can just tell me what the damage is. Clem had removed her overcoat because of the heat of the truck, so I won't be factoring that in. Damage Resistance ~ Body 6 + FFBS 6 + SP Blouse 1 + SP Slacks 1 + SP Corset 2: 16d6t5 3 No glitch. I will be using one more edge point to re-roll those misses. Edge 2: 13d6t5 7 No glitch. Much better! With that, she can absorb 10 points of damage. [/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #314 on: <02-21-17/2013:06> »
Shrugging off the temporary numbness she felt in her left forearm from the shot that hit her, Clementine put her shotgun away and pulled out her SMG and sent a message. <Con, do you have eyes on that sniper?>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix