NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings DUSK

  • 366 Replies
  • 29914 Views

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #210 on: <11-07-16/0602:45> »
As he climbed into the truck O'Connor noted the seating capacity, *Four seats, and six passengers.* He quickly claimed one of the seats for himself. He decided to switch things up and winked at Torley as he patted his lap.
« Last Edit: <11-07-16/0605:23> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #211 on: <11-07-16/0708:57> »
Clem let out a big sigh as she saw O'Connor motioning for Torley. The ork left it at that as she claimed a seat closest to the exit, making sure her shotgun and her SMG were assembled and chambered before sitting down.

[spoiler]EX-EX ammo in the shotgun and normal ammo in the SMG.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #212 on: <11-07-16/0721:20> »
Sammy let the boy put her bag in the back of the truck, but she kept an eye out on it, to make sure the equipment wasn't damaged.  While there was little chance for that as she had packed the fragile stuff in the middle, surrounded by her clothes, she didn't want to take any chances.  Next she got into the truck and took a seat.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #213 on: <11-07-16/0948:15> »
Snow puts her bag in the back and looks at Jane.  "Well, I guess you get to ride shotgun.  I don't weigh too much, so I guess I can ride for a while on Con's lap."  She turns to look at the man.  "Unless you were only making that offer for Sam?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #214 on: <11-07-16/1113:45> »
Ahmjay pointed to a padded strap that was hanging loose by Con, and indicated that it could be clipped to the other side of the remans of a turret that once topped the vehicle.  "Gunner's Seat!" He said.  Also of note, the vehicle was probably built prior to Goblinization, so Sammy and Clem really can't sit on the same side of the truck.
« Last Edit: <11-07-16/1139:41> by Crossbow »

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #215 on: <11-07-16/1132:08> »
"I would suggest putting either Clem or O'Connor into the turret," Sammy said, "just in case we enounter somthing unpleasant along the way."
She was fine as long as she had a hole to look through and there were some in this excuse of a truck.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #216 on: <11-07-16/1139:46> »
Snow is still standing so looks up into the ruined turret.  "Not much up there of a turret, but maybe someone with a rifle could still use the hole in the roof to shoot from."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #217 on: <11-07-16/1941:33> »
"Alright Con, you're on the turret. Sammy, sit over there and I'll sit here so things are balanced. In the event something happens, I'll be the first one out, Snow and Torley will stay in the vehicle if possible with Con shooting from the turret and Sammy will do whatever it is she can. Any questions?" Clem was giving her instructions not in a bossy way, but as a matter-of-fact way.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #218 on: <11-08-16/0122:57> »
Snow nods.  "Got it, boss."  She moves out of the way so that Con can climb up into the turret seat then takes a seat next to Starlet so Sam can sit next to Clem.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #219 on: <11-08-16/0530:14> »
O'Connor set up the so called gunner's seat and climbed up, "Hey kid, once we're outside the city limits, find a place to pull over for a minute. I still need to assemble my rifle."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #220 on: <11-08-16/1651:30> »
Sam let the boy take his bag; it was nice for him to act as porter, after all. When Clem directed him to a seat, he climbed in and sat down, keeping his walking stick with him.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #221 on: <11-09-16/2252:01> »
Although it takes some translation by Snow, Ahmjay will stop to allow people to get things from their bags and ready themselves.  The jungle as you approach it feels oppressive, made more so by the meters wide burn line at it's edge, which was recently made, but the plants are already reclaiming ground.  For the second time you are whacked with a wall of heat and humidity as you hurtle down a narrow trail under the canopy.  Though reflected light filters through, wind does not, and the vehicle's passage makes little air movement, despite a seemingly reckless speed.   

The jungle also holds another danger, with no glass at all on the vehicle and gaping holes in the body, you quickly realize that a wayward branch or vine could do serious damage to the unwary.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #222 on: <11-10-16/0250:01> »
The metal armor of the truck makes the interior a sweat box and Snow makes a mental note to get better clothes when she gets to Lagos.  She had worn light clothing to allow for the heat, but she is sweating so much that it is clearly obvious that she has declined to wear a bra.  The holes in the sides of the truck provide scant airflow, but she sees a danger as well.  "I would not risk trying to look out these holes, or even get too close to them, as it could be possible for some branch or vine to strike at you."  She gives a soft laugh.  "Siberia would look good right now and it is asking a lot of any Russian to speak fondly of that place."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #223 on: <11-10-16/1928:41> »
Clem's armour was taking a toll on her. She didn't want to take it off, but the assailing heat was forcing the ork to reconsider. Beads of sweat rolling down her back, Clementine took off her corset and left it in her bag, where her overcoat was already folded. She took out her SMG and shotgun, strapped the automatic to her waist and set the shotgun between her legs, both firearms with their safety locks engaged.

"Yeah, be weary of the holes. Besides, Con is on overwatch so there's nothing for us to do besides cook in this tin can."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #224 on: <11-10-16/2121:17> »
The closeness of the truck, the moist hot air of the jungle, the steady rumble of the engine, the fatigue of a long flight, guess what happens next?

(Roll a Willpower[2] or Body[2] check, you choice, at -1 with additional -1 for worn armor in excess of 6 Ballistic or 4 Impact, -2 if both exceed those numbers)