NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

  • 445 Replies
  • 37238 Views

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #285 on: <12-03-16/0050:26> »
Okay guys, I said 1 post, jeez.  :)  Anyway, Thvor, there is is very little asphalt in Africa, and none within 100 km or your current location, it would be generous to call the road you are on a rutted game trail.

I will post the next bit as soon as I can.

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #286 on: <12-03-16/0805:28> »
I guess we got carried away a bit :-[
Better players who are too enthousiastic then not enough, right ;)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #287 on: <12-03-16/0848:23> »
Absolutely, but you guys didn't think you were going to have a wreck, get back on the road and that just be it did you?

Really? ??? ::)

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #288 on: <12-03-16/1037:13> »
Absolutely, but you guys didn't think you were going to have a wreck, get back on the road and that just be it did you?

Really? ??? ::)

We could hope, now couldn't we? ???
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #289 on: <12-03-16/1447:34> »
So I guess we are in a holding pattern for posting?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #290 on: <12-04-16/1745:03> »
Is the truck running? I've never had one, but my impression is that at least some truck-mounted winches get their power from the truck's engine...
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #291 on: <12-04-16/2133:23> »
Some of the Jeeps I used in the old days in the Army, had a secondary switch for the winches that did not require the engine to be on, but that was only good for a short time and most of the power for the winch did actually come from the engine running.  I have no idea how this truck is wired.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #292 on: <12-05-16/0144:23> »
How close together are the leader and two kids?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #293 on: <12-05-16/1130:22> »
Okay, got a minute to post. OOC from my phone.

Leader is walking in the center of the road/trail, his flankers are a little over a meter to each side.

Fireballing the truck would be a BAD IDEA, even if you kill them all, you won't be able to get past until it goes out and can be moved.

Winch is running off battery power, and is controlled from the driver's seat, so Torley is already there.  You haven't tried to start it yet.

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #294 on: <12-09-16/1835:52> »
Judge Intentions
Intuition 3 + Logic 3 - CM 1 = Pool 5
Judge Intentions: 5d6t5 2

If Judge Intentions breaks Take Aim, then O'Connor takes the next two simple actions to reacquire the bonus.
« Last Edit: <12-09-16/1838:44> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
« Reply #295 on: <12-09-16/1950:45> »
Can't really tell, especially since Con doesn't speak the language.

Thvor

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
« Reply #296 on: <12-09-16/2104:38> »
Sam's going to hold action where he is. Since I expect turning the truck on will call attention to him, he won't attempt it until necessary, though he will look over the controls to familiarize himself with them.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #297 on: <12-09-16/2245:34> »
Clem takes aim at the leader as well.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #298 on: <12-10-16/0633:58> »
If we accept the water, first ask the price and also make sure it isn't poisened or simply dirty.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
« Reply #299 on: <12-10-16/2042:55> »
Crossbow, just to be clear, O'Connor does still have line of sight on the leader, right?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters