NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

  • 566 Replies
  • 33014 Views

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #30 on: <07-16-16/1924:32> »
The woman looks you au and down and smiles.  "Well, you two don't look so dangerous.  I see no reason to deny you passage.  Let me get these tire eaters off the road for you."  She moves to the end of the metal strips and lifts them a bit to allow you access.  "Good lick to you.  Just tell the woman at the far end that you have George's permission to pass."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #31 on: <07-16-16/2205:49> »
Thank ya kindly ma'am.  We appreciate your hospitality.

Jeremiah glances around quickly before passing through using his thermographic imaging to spot any hidden assailants before smiling and tipping his hat, again, to the woman he has now dubbed "George".  Jeremiah steels himself for maintaining an attitude of watchful vigilance driving somewhat slower than he would normally keeping an eye out for other booby traps like the spike strips.  When one hand is extended in friendship you don't want to ignore the other, just in case. 

Later out of earshot he says Word of advice Simon.  People ain't always what they seem.  The lady we just passed may have seemed nice, and she very well might be, or maybe she has friends hiding up ahead.  Me I'm nice, but I can be a real mean cuss when need be.  She said I don't look dangerous, hopefully she won't find out any different.

How you holding up back there?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #32 on: <07-16-16/2309:28> »
Simon talks a bot low and his voice is almost lost in the noise of the bike.  "Do....doing fine, Sir.  She did not sound mean."

There are people on the streets, but most of them seem to be going about their business.  You see a pair of women in the gang jackets walking about.  Each, like George, appears to be unarmed.  The two women look your way, but neither of them make any overt moves of hostility.  One of them even lifts a hand in a wave before turning to talk to one of the people in the street.  Their territory seems pretty much immune to the horrible event happening around them but you reach the far edge too soon to really judge.  Three women are standing in the street ahead of you, talking to six men in ganger jackets that identify them as Clowns, an offshoot of the Halloweeners.  Your knowledge of the Seattle street gangs tells you that these people are bastards of the first order and trouble is usually the middle name of each one of them.  Of the six, two seem to be doing the talking, while the others are standing just back from them, assuming what you would definitely call a threatening posture.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #33 on: <07-16-16/2332:19> »
Spokane scans for cover on the street like a car or building corner and pulls up next to it,  He gets close enough to hear what's going on but far enough back that they won't feel like I'm intruding on the conversation.  Spokane motions for Simon to get down behind the cover.

Get behind the cover, these guys like to play the fool.  Goes well with their whole clown motif or something. He then dismounts and leans up against the wall arms folded like he's waiting but keeping track of their movements out of the corner of his eye and listens in on the conversation.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #34 on: <07-16-16/2349:34> »
One of the Clowns seems to be trying to convince one of the women that they should consider consolidating their turf.  "Come on, Mike, you know it makes sense.  All this disruption is bad for business."  His eyes roam across the forms of all three women and his leer is obvious.  "It makes business sense, Mike.  Combine our area and we can triple our profits.  Besides, you know that down deep, you want to feel a real man on top of you.  And taking care of you.  You are better made to be on your back, not bossing some fragging lezzies around."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #35 on: <07-17-16/0008:25> »
Spokane continues to listen.  Sounds like typical posturing to him but he remains watchful and ready to fight if needed.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #36 on: <07-17-16/0042:17> »
"Mike" seems to consider the offer and the Clown's face broadens in a smile and his hands reach out for the woman but stop as she says, "You touch me and you die.  You touch any of us and you die.  You make a move on this neighborhood and you die."  The man stops moving then lowers his hands, his face turned into a mask of hatred.  "You will regret that.  You and all your lezzie friends.  Just wait."  The man snarls and it looks like he might be tempted to say more or do something more, but decides against it.  He turns and pushes past his men before turning back and saying, "Kill them.  Kill them all."

The man closest to the women has been watching his boss and turns back to face the women, his hand reaching into his coat.  It never makes it as Mike sends a hand straight into his throat and even from your distance, you can hear cartilage and bone snap.  The woman continues her movement in one fluid motion, suddenly amidst the other four men, arms and legs flashing.  Her companions are just behind her, adding their own efforts to the developing battle.  From your vantage point, you see the leader of the Clowns move off to one side and draw a large gun from his coat.  He seems to be waiting for a target, but then apparently decides it does not matter if he hits his own men and fires towards Mike.  The woman seems to have eyes in the back of her head, or the side of it, anyway, and twists one of the men near her into the path of the bullet.  The man shakes and screams as he is hit.

The shooter adjusts his aim and is about to take another shot, but his movement brings him fully into your view.
« Last Edit: <07-17-16/0124:02> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #37 on: <07-17-16/0112:34> »
Guess it wasn't just posturing after all.Spokane leaps into action pulling his Ruger from his holster and firing in one smooth action.


[spoiler]initiative: 3d6+9 22
quick draw: 8d6t5 3
firing at gunman: 12d6t5 6
[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #38 on: <07-17-16/0139:46> »
The man grimaces and howls as your shot takes him in the chest from the side, passing into and through his body.  He turns his head to you in a look of surprise before collapsing to the street, a pool of blood growing around him.  The noise from the large handgun startles everyone near you.............everyone except for the woman named Mike.  She takes advantage of the confusion to send an elbow into a man's face, forcing his nose cartilage up into his brain.  The last man turns to flee and one of the other women motions with an arm and a knife sprouts from his back, dropping him to the pavement.

Silence.

All three women turn to look at you.  From their stance, you see three experienced killers who seem to be assessing the new situation.  As the flankers move just slightly apart, Mike motions with her hands and they stop moving.  "Come, sisters, I think this man means us no harm.  He has, in fact, provided us with an opportunity to expand our influence a bit."  She looks directly at you and you see a snake poised to strike if warranted.  "Thank you for your timely aid.  How may I assist you, stranger?  George did say that she had let a man and boy on a bike through, but I do not see the boy."  The question in her voice is unmistakable.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #39 on: <07-17-16/0201:31> »
Pardon my intrusion on your private matter ladies.Spokane says tugging his hat to them in greeting.  Come on out Simon!  I was in the unfortunate position of not wanting to butt in or possibly letting our one of our gracious hosts come to harm.  Please pardon my assumption in this matter.  The woman who let us through said to tell you we had permission from George.  I assume that was her.

As far as assisting me I am attempting to reunite this boy with his father and I have a ways to go.  You have been gracious enough to allow us passage through your territory so it seems your assistance has already been provided and we thank you for it, but if you happen to know a faster way to this address or could give any information on the gangs who control these neighborhoods I would be much obliged.


Spokane keeps his pistol pointed squarely at the ground until the others have realized he is not a threat to them.  Then while speak he flips open the chamber to remove the spent brass, reloads, and slowly holsters his weapon.
« Last Edit: <07-17-16/0203:13> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #40 on: <07-17-16/0217:51> »
The flanking women relax, but only a bit, as Mike talks and you respond.  Simon steps out from hiding and Mike looks at him before turning back to you.  "You got a tough job today, stranger.  You might have to face down lots of people on the prowl.  KE are out in force and going places they usually leave alone, and that means they are in large groups.  And almost every gang is looking for these people from yesterday and will be looking to cause trouble with people coming into their territory from other places.  You got any trix skills that you can use to try to keep ahead of the opposition?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #41 on: <07-17-16/0239:42> »
Please.  Call me Spokane.

I don't have any Matrix skills to speak of.  That hasn't bothered me nearly so much as it has today.  Can you put me in touch with someone, perhaps?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #42 on: <07-17-16/0301:50> »
Mike pauses for a moment then says.  "Steve can be here in a couple of minutes.  She is pretty good with the trix and might be able to help you out.  She is also off limits unless she indicates she is open to anything, got it?"  Mike looks you up and down again.  "Although in your case, she might be interested.  Just let her do her stuff, especially if you are unsure of your own trix skills."

She makes a motion with her hands and the other two women move among the men on the ground, but you can see that they are likely all dead.  Mike steps closer to you and looks at your pistol.  Ruger?  Nice.  I have one myself.  Come on back after you deliver the kid and we can compare them."  A woman comes walking up to where you are standing.  You see a striking brunette carrying a small case on a shoulder strap.  Mike motions for her to come over.  "Steve, this is Spokane.  He needs some help navigating the streets to get this kid home.  Can you help him?"

The woman looks at you through large glasses and sort of smiles.  She looks at Simon and the bike, shrugs and says, "Sure, Mike.  I can try.  Should I get my bike?"

"That would be good, Steve.  See you back here in five."

Mike turns to you and says, "Just get her back here safe and sound, right?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 906
« Reply #43 on: <07-17-16/0334:14> »
Mike.  Can I call ya Mike?  I would sooner castrate myself than force myself on a woman and frankly from what I've seen I can't imagine that such things happen or are even considered around here.

Spokane nods politely, then ponders briefly if that might have been a euphemism and Mike is hitting on him, then the metaphor completes itself in his head and he can barely hide his wince at the thought of comparing "rugers".  When Steve arrives he nods tugging at his hat again Evenin'

Of course, she is under my protection.


Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #44 on: <07-17-16/1032:42> »
"Yes, you can call me Mike.  Everyone else does.  Now you two stay as safe as possible and I expect that you will bring Steve back to me."

Steve returns in a few minutes on the back of a sleek Mirage.  Propping it on one leg she looks over to you.  "Your 'link implanted?  Give me a comm code and we will link together so we can talk on the move.  I will try to keep us out of trouble."  She opens up a pocket of her riding jacket and brings out two small objects, which she puts up to her mouth and whispers to.  The objects seem to dance in her hand then jump into the air and race off down the street.  You notice that her jacket does not bear the gang emblem.  She calls out a farewell to the other women and nods to you.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>