NEWS

[5e IC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

• 169 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <10-27-16/1539:48> »
Spikes whispers in sub-vocal "See if they have some id, key cards anything that may allow us to get passed security. Their uniform may also be useful."

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #121 on: <10-27-16/1853:03> »
Less than a second, and it's all over.  Chaim follows behind, and starts rolling the bodies.  "Be on the lookout for any bio-monitors or Doc Wagon bands.  If we're clear on that front, we should have a few minutes.  If not, we need to press in now.

Finding no immediate signs that their presence has been detected, they move the guards to the horror room, and relieve them of their weapons and gear. 

"I figure there's two ways we can play this.  One, we rush in, drop everybody that needs dropping, and do what we came here to do.  Two, I put on one of these uniforms, Ichante makes me look like, say this one here, and I rush in telling them that our comm systems have been compromised, and have them all reboot their links.  When they comply, the rest of the team follows, and we drop them, then do what we came here to do.

"Personally, I'm leaning toward the second option, but I have no problem going hot if we need to play it that way."
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #122 on: <10-29-16/1248:44> »
"when we say hot are we kill or knock?" the sotto deadpan voice gave it that little extra edge
"and are we using silencer or all out thunder and lightning?" she asked with a raised eyebrow "I only ask because it effect choice of ammo, my vote is for straight through the door with quite weapons and sleeping spells, so we don't wke kraken"
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <10-29-16/1307:20> »
Spikes replied subvocally to Pale horse "Let's not kill people if we do not have to, I am good with gel rounds. No silencer for me so I do not shoot unless I have to."

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <10-31-16/1411:33> »
Ichante feels the tug at the back of her head, the little craving that says that she should pop some Cram, or better yet, some Jazz.

If there's a drek sandwich, it'll be better to eat it fast, the craving tells her.

No, no, the stubborn part of her responds. We're cooking this slow and low. Drugs will just make us jumpy. We need to be smoother than soy, and that doesn't happen when we're all loaded up.

She creeps into position, read to spin around the corner and lock down (rock down) the guard at the end of the hall. She takes a deep breath as Casket stacks up next to her. She can go low while he goes high.

Ichante draws her inspiration from the environment. She studies the cold, concrete walls, feeling the impassivity to the surrounding screams and horrors. On cue, she flips around the corner. Spying the guard, she imagines the floor leeching up through his boots. The coldness wrinkles and crackles its way up through his knees and hips, then spreads across his chest and down his arms. His teeth freeze in place as his skull goes still. Behind her, there's a thump and a zap and the sound of guard collapsing. She turns around to see if they need to finish him off, but the guard is tweaking and freaking on the concrete floor.

Ichante gives a thumbs-up to the rest of the team in the cell. She trots down the hallway to disarm and disrobe the petrified guard. It's awkward, given that his limbs don't bend and his armored clothing doesn't really flex that well either, but eventually she has him stripped.

I like it, she says subvocally in regard to Chaim's plan. But first we have to figure out our way into the vault, without tripping any alarms for getting it wrong. And before we do that, let me get a peek at what's behind door #3. She nods to the vault door and its nine levers arranged around it like an odd clock.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <10-31-16/1500:33> »
Spikes pockets the guards comlinks, perhaps she can send fake status reports or something with them, or atleast know if somebody is calling them. She looks at the vault door and attempts to figure out how to open it.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #126 on: <10-31-16/1929:54> »
Once Casket is sure the hallway is clear he uses all of his concentration on the vault door. "Let's get ready with the plan, but we got to get through this vault door first."
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <10-31-16/2031:40> »
Ichante does her "Casket-catch-me" routine again but quickly pops out of it.

"No go, can't get in. But, for what it's worth, I got a good look at the wall as I was bouncing off it."

Casket deposits her back on her feet and then steps forward to study the levers like a safecracker of old. Ichante keeps watch while Casket and Spikes do their things.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #128 on: <11-01-16/1740:56> »
While Casket takes up position at the vault door, Chaim directs Pale Horse to keep her eyes on the elevator door.  "Quiet and nonlethal if we can.  Somebody comes down that shaft, I want to see 'em out before the door dings, wiz?"

As fast as he can, Chaim steps into and straps on the security uniform.  It's not a perfect fit, but to be honest it wasn't a perfect fit on that sec guard either.  So few metas anymore appreciate the feeling of a quality pair of trousers.  Buying off the rack is for chumps.  As he straps into the ballistic vest, Chaim takes a closer look at the arrangement of the levers.  "The contact gave us the code here, but I don't seem to have written it down.  Spikes, will you check the data pack?"

"It's 4-2-6-8,"
Pale Horse says.

"No, it's 2-4-8-6," Ichante corrects.  After a quick look through the data file, Spikes confirms.

To everyone Chaim continues, "I'm in first.  You chummers stay out of line-of-sight.  When they go to reboot their links, or it looks like they're about to open fire, our code word is thunder.

"We ready?"
« Last Edit: <11-02-16/1020:03> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <11-03-16/1554:17> »
Spikes smiles a silly smile "As ready as I'll ever be!" she said readying her weapon and waiting for the door to open.

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #130 on: <11-03-16/1556:41> »
Casket stacks up on the door. "On thunder we breach.. got it."
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

gwilym

• Chummer
« Reply #131 on: <11-03-16/1708:25> »
horse stands on the opposite side of Cas tucks her smg under her chin and nods
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <11-04-16/0242:41> »
While Casket studies the levers on the wall, Ichante remembers the code and flashes it to Chaim, who relays it to Casket. The old man finds raised dots on the end of the levers and counts off to find the correct starting position.

"Crazy idea, should we dress in their uniforms?" Chaim subvocalizes.

"You can wear another man's underwear if you want," Ichante quips. "If that's your thing. Or I can just cast a spell and make you look like chummer here." She nudges the downed guard with her foot.

Chaim nods as Ichante steps forward.

"I won't be good for much after this," she reminds the team. "My concentration will be divided, so don't look to me for help with your homework."

Ichante lays her hands on Chaim and concentrates on reshaping his image to match the man on the ground. Chaim notices her frowning and her eyebrows furrowing.

"You got this, little lady," he coaches her. "You can paint with all the colors of the wind."

Ichante redoubles her efforts, if only to make Chaim shut the frag up. There's no denying the he draws a better result out of her than she would have produced on her own. She wipes  a bead of sweat off her brow, taking a deep breath as she maintains concentration on two different spells. Her head throbs as she nods to Chaim, then hunkers down with Spikes while Horse and Casket stack up on the vault door behind Chaim, who will lead the way in.

CraterShip

• Omae
« Reply #133 on: <11-07-16/0958:57> »
Chaim quickly pulls what he needs from one of the downed guards, he takes the ear buds from both and distributes them to the group as he sees fit, the stand for Ichante to weave her spell around him. He expects a tingle, but nothing comes, he coaches her along and in a few seconds, he looks like the recently electrified guard. Ichante smiles wearily, nodding at her work.

Without a mirror to check himself, Chaim accepts that the disguise is in place and miss to Casket. The large man begins pulling levers around the massive door. As he pulls the last, he backpedals to the side, out of sight.

Hollow metallic banging reverberates through the door for a moment as the mechanisms come to life. The door slowly rolls to the side, disappearing into the thick walls. Before it is entirely open, Chaim takes a few rushed breaths, and jogs into the room.

"We're under attack.  Communications are compromised.  Everybody, reboot your links, and hold tight.  Turn wireless functionality off.  The cavalry will be along shortly.  Don't panic now, just leave this to the professionals, and everybody will get out safely."

Two guards stationed inside the entrance look at each other, while four working men in lab coats look up stunned from their work.

The lead scientist steps out from behind his desk, Lopez, what are talking about? How did you get in here?

No time to explain, doc, just stay put! Chaim reiterates, scanning the room with a practiced gaze before turning back to the hallway.

Inside are the total of six men, low desks sprawl across the center of the room, covered with various lab equipment. The walls are lined with over sized test tubes with all manner of decay. In one, a severed limb twitches, suspended in some viscous fluid, another has internal organs, dripping ichor into a vat, blackened with decay. Chaim shudders internally, trying not to let it show on his face. Beyond the desks, several more doors are centered on the far four walls.

As Chaim steps back into the hall to complete his quick recon, the team can hear the men inside, Alright, we've practiced for this, Jones, start the data dump, Trevor, fire up the incinerator, you two, post, Manfred and I have got the fields. Let's go!

Ravensoracle

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <11-07-16/1245:22> »
Casket sub-vocalizes into the "We need some paydata but if they are going to wipe it all part of our job will be done."
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Subvocal

Register