NEWS

[5e OOC] And The Rain Keeps Falling

  • 575 Replies
  • 46400 Views

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #555 on: <03-23-17/1323:11> »
@Tec, thanks for moving things along. 

I have a tasting today, but should be able to post tomorrow about Chaim rallying the troops and potentially move us further along down the tunnels.  I can post any necessary rolls at that time as well.  @CraterShip, anything you need from us at this point?

@All, any other IC posts y'all could make would be great as we try to get the hell out of Dodge.

On the scientist front, what are everyone's thoughts?  Since we didn't get a reply from Asher ICly, Chaim won't want to go upstairs, but this could be addressed by another member of the team.  There's also the question of how likely our success would be fighting it out through the upper floors.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #556 on: <03-23-17/2139:21> »
Well I'd say that id's an effective way to clear all evidence from a room. Also, looks like the hospital won't have to pay for cremation services for those guards, and there should be significantly less body parts being dumped into the water system for a while.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #557 on: <03-24-17/0232:48> »
Well Spikes would have gone out of her way to extract the doctor - she needs the cash, but she is completely unaware of that objective.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3889
« Reply #558 on: <03-24-17/1230:49> »
In truth I wasn't intending to BBQ the guards. I was thinking that since they had largely fallen in or around the elevator then they would be out of the path of the flames that Ichante was emitting while backing up. I'll defer to the GM's interpretation on this but Ichante is not, by default, the type to execute folks in the name of "leave no witnesses".

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #559 on: <03-27-17/1310:43> »
Well Spikes would have gone out of her way to extract the doctor - she needs the cash, but she is completely unaware of that objective.

There's no extra nuyen for extracting the doctor.  That's why Chaim tried to get Asher to up their cash for the extra objective.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #560 on: <03-27-17/1420:58> »
In that case her main objective becomes to just get out alive. No self respecting shadowrunner works for free.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3889
« Reply #561 on: <03-27-17/1433:34> »
gilga and I put up the last IC posts. Would someone else like to advance us through and/or out of the sewers?

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #562 on: <04-02-17/0841:27> »
I'll be getting you guys out of the sewers shortly. Just got access to this site again late last night. Previous attempts kept getting time out errors

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #563 on: <04-05-17/1627:12> »
Interesting.  So, I've been thinking about how Chaim would respond here, and I think my next IC will be informed by a couple factors.  First, @Crater, how far forward are you comfortable with me pushing the action?  Chaim will warn the rest of the team that he's picked up a tail, and will do so before joining back up with them. It may be best for him to go about things solo, and see if they may be able to find the tail by following him.  That assumes the team is willing to do so.

First order of business will be to get somewhere busy, public, and without too many security cameras: Touristville is the first place that comes to mind.  He'll try to be anonymous and lose any would-be tails there.  Before heading home he'll want to hit a few bars, and maybe bribe a maître d' to let him slip out the back exit.  He will also be rebooting all of his electronics, and if he's in a place where some of the patrons aren't broadcasting a SIN at all, he'll do the same and go Wireless Off while switching locations.

I'm going to  make a Perception test, and see if that nets any additional info.  He's Specifically Looking for any sort of tail.  Chaim has: INT (4) + Perception (5) + Visual Spec (2) + Vision Enhancement (1) + Specifically Looking (3) - Moderate Rain (3) = 12 dice.
Perception: 12d6t5 1
Yeah, that's not going to get him much of anywhere.  I'm going to play it as though Chaim is seeing a potential tail everywhere he turns.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gwilym

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 139
« Reply #564 on: <04-05-17/1647:53> »
Remember what horse's main skill is. She'll suggest we go to the public place but separately. She'll follow chain and pick up good doctors trail, sparks should be nearby to hack his com link and place a tell tail in it so he can't follow any of us with out our knowledge then I'll knife him but only after sparks gets to play... plan? Or edit and modify?
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #565 on: <04-05-17/1749:06> »
@gwylim, Chaim would readily welcome the assistance and would agree with the above plan. OOCly I'm unsure how the other players would see their chars reacting. Anything from: glad it's not me, to if I help Chaim now it may keep my hoop out of the chipper would be reasonable, I think.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #566 on: <04-06-17/0135:01> »
Unfortunately, you're right about the 1 on your perception roll. Looks like tails all over the place. I am ok with you going a bit ahead, I'm pretty flexible as far as this part goes. Plan sounds fine, careful about pointing out tails though, don't want Horsey knifing the wrong guy in a crowded place, draws a bit more attention than you'd probably want to deal with.

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #567 on: <04-06-17/0143:58> »
Spikes would browse the matrix to try to spot anything that should not be in our vicinity from trackers to cameras and silently running devices.
Running silent -2, gives her 18 dice to do so (in AR).
To see who is following Chaim.
Matrix perception: 18d6t5 3
not her brightest roll though.

To see if there is anything out of the ordinary with the safehouse. (no need to be there to visit the matrix)
Matrix perception: 18d6t5 9
(limit is 6 - due to simple deck).
« Last Edit: <04-06-17/0150:57> by gilga »

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #568 on: <04-06-17/0840:54> »
Spikes can see several commlinks around the area, most running normally, a few silent, but nothing malicious about them that she can tell.

The safehouse has obvious traces of another decker checking it out recently, but as far as you can see nothing has been changed since the last time you were here. Someone was poking around, but nothing more.

gwilym

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 139
« Reply #569 on: <04-06-17/0852:18> »
Everyone one stop, we are pulling a Leroy Jenkins here. I'm at work right the now. I will ic post pale horse's mutterings when I get home
 and we'll plan from there. (helps when both player and character are paranoids)
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were