NEWS

[5e] Run! Recruitment [2075/6 Persistent Game World Thread]

• 61 Replies

Digital Heroin

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <06-10-16/2328:29> »
And after much muckery with formatting, and a lot of data entry... here be DW64-0035111,  aka Blank is up on Obsidian Portal.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #46 on: <06-11-16/1559:13> »
Initial IC is up: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=41614 post away...I leave to you to decide if you are one of the quartet Aria saw ;D

Let's move stuff over to DS now where the page load times are less annoying  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <06-12-16/0005:33> »
Boo, someone has to manually approve my account to post over there. :(

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <06-12-16/0110:34> »
Could you give me permission to post in DS (username gilga)

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <06-12-16/0210:02> »
I'll ask Dire what can do, I don't think it takes long to get approval

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <06-12-16/0435:39> »
OK.  I added a post over there.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <06-12-16/1714:42> »
Since I'm impatient and still can't post there, here's Lindsey's first post. I'll transfer it once it lets me:

Waking quickly, Lindsey immediatly realizes something is very wrong. The eggcrate foam she was used to sleeping on was gone and replaced by something somewhat harder, but definitly not 'crete. Cracking her eyes open she has to surpress a gasp at the openness around her. Jumping to her feet, she looks around deperatly, unsure of what she's searching for, but certainly not finding it in the rocky surrounds or the oddly colored sky. Eventually latching on to the relative darkness of the treeline, she jerks that way but then is pulled up short by the voice of Eris in her head, "Calm down. There's opportunity here..."

Taking a deep breath, she forces herself to relax and take in her new surroundings. Surrounded by numerous other children of various ages she sees she's obviously not alone in her confusion. Kids are sitting on the rocks staring around but not seeing anything, some seem to be wandering aimlessly kicking at the dirt. Of the ones that seemed to be coping best, about half were talking in various groups while the others were crowded around some crates further down the stony clearing. Squinting her eyes in that certain way Eris taught her it seems harder for some reason and she is almost startled back to her normal vision by the twisting of the colors around her, similar to the oddness with the sky. Looking around she see the expected range of emotions, from terror to excitement and sadness to elation, although they're definitely trending towards the negative end. Somewhat heartened by the familiar 'landscape', even if it seems subtly off, she unfurrows her brow and tries to decide what to do.

With a low growl, her stomach informs her of where her priorities should be and she starts off for the kids milling around the crates. Not ready to interact with anyone until she has a better idea of what's going on, she gives the others between her and her target wide berths. Approaching the group she starts to hear the babble of conversation that she didn't realize she'd been feeling the absence of. Taking advantage of her relatively small size, she ducks into gaps in the crowd, grabbing what she can. Shoving anything that's already been opened into her mouth while pocketing items that remain sealed, she listens to the common threads of confusion and puzzlement going on around her.

Pockets and belly full, she starts stepping away just as one of the older children starts speaking loudly about saving food and supplies for later and sharing it out as needed. As others in the group start to stop and listen, she smiles to herself that she was able to take care of herself before it became an issue. Not everyone is paying heed though and a trio of what appear to be natural born orks are continuing to eat. As the rest of the group becomes increasingly obviously agitated at the orks, Lindsey can hear from their confused talk amongst themselves that they barely speak any English at all and aren't sure what the problem is. Seizing the opportunity to start establishing her status, she says loudly in Or'zet, "Oi, chummers! They want to save some of this for later in case there isn't anymore. Better hungry now than dead later, no?" Suddenly, everyone is staring at her...
« Last Edit: <06-12-16/1717:30> by Irn0rchid »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <06-12-16/1730:39> »
I can post this for you, if you like.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <06-12-16/1740:30> »
There's no rush, bunch haven't posted yet. Just wanted to get it off my laptop. ;)

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <06-13-16/0955:13> »
Ah, looking back at the validation email there's a hidden section requesting you send an email to the forum administrator. So annoying. :( I wonder how many people never see that and just give up?

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <06-14-16/0807:48> »
Ah, looking back at the validation email there's a hidden section requesting you send an email to the forum administrator. So annoying. :( I wonder how many people never see that and just give up?
Any news on this front?  I haven't tried to chase but can do if needs be!

Please could you and Gilga still keep an eye on the DS boards, I'm putting up notes etc there now!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <06-14-16/0822:21> »
Since I'm impatient and still can't post there, here's Lindsey's first post. I'll transfer it once it lets me:

Waking quickly, Lindsey immediatly realizes something is very wrong. The eggcrate foam she was used to sleeping on was gone and replaced by something somewhat harder, but definitly not 'crete. Cracking her eyes open she has to surpress a gasp at the openness around her. Jumping to her feet, she looks around deperatly, unsure of what she's searching for, but certainly not finding it in the rocky surrounds or the oddly colored sky. Eventually latching on to the relative darkness of the treeline, she jerks that way but then is pulled up short by the voice of Eris in her head, "Calm down. There's opportunity here..."

Taking a deep breath, she forces herself to relax and take in her new surroundings. Surrounded by numerous other children of various ages she sees she's obviously not alone in her confusion. Kids are sitting on the rocks staring around but not seeing anything, some seem to be wandering aimlessly kicking at the dirt. Of the ones that seemed to be coping best, about half were talking in various groups while the others were crowded around some crates further down the stony clearing. Squinting her eyes in that certain way Eris taught her it seems harder for some reason and she is almost startled back to her normal vision by the twisting of the colors around her, similar to the oddness with the sky. Looking around she see the expected range of emotions, from terror to excitement and sadness to elation, although they're definitely trending towards the negative end. Somewhat heartened by the familiar 'landscape', even if it seems subtly off, she unfurrows her brow and tries to decide what to do.

With a low growl, her stomach informs her of where her priorities should be and she starts off for the kids milling around the crates. Not ready to interact with anyone until she has a better idea of what's going on, she gives the others between her and her target wide berths. Approaching the group she starts to hear the babble of conversation that she didn't realize she'd been feeling the absence of. Taking advantage of her relatively small size, she ducks into gaps in the crowd, grabbing what she can. Shoving anything that's already been opened into her mouth while pocketing items that remain sealed, she listens to the common threads of confusion and puzzlement going on around her.

Pockets and belly full, she starts stepping away just as one of the older children starts speaking loudly about saving food and supplies for later and sharing it out as needed. As others in the group start to stop and listen, she smiles to herself that she was able to take care of herself before it became an issue. Not everyone is paying heed though and a trio of what appear to be natural born orks are continuing to eat. As the rest of the group becomes increasingly obviously agitated at the orks, Lindsey can hear from their confused talk amongst themselves that they barely speak any English at all and aren't sure what the problem is. Seizing the opportunity to start establishing her status, she says loudly in Or'zet, "Oi, chummers! They want to save some of this for later in case there isn't anymore. Better hungry now than dead later, no?" Suddenly, everyone is staring at her...
I'm going to include this post in my next IC so that I can respond to it...just add 1 to your post count or do a placeholder post when you can!

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <06-14-16/0828:25> »
It's post #7 in the DS thread. :P

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #58 on: <06-14-16/1206:10> »
It's post #7 in the DS thread. :P
Doh! Deleted it from mine lol

gilga