« Reply #376 on: <08-17-16/1759:55> »
Maybe?

I'll squeeze it in before bed tonight.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #377 on: <08-18-16/1424:38> »
I had a bad case of vertigo last night and took some motion sickness pill and went to bed. I'll get to this tonight.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #378 on: <08-19-16/0451:04> »
IC is up. Hopefully I covered everything, but I'm tired and so I rushed it some (and it shows).

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <08-19-16/0725:28> »
Looking good, Malevolence!

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #380 on: <08-20-16/0122:10> »
I thought it was a good post, Mal.

My IC is up.

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #381 on: <08-21-16/0306:32> »
Finally getting another IC with SF's thoughts or lack there off.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #382 on: <08-21-16/0558:50> »
FWIW, this is more or less what Spitfire's van looks like, minus the steering wheel and the scratch along the rear panel there.

The Luxury seating area would go from the front seats to about 15cm behind the tinted window.  Behind that would be his cocoon, creating essentially a firewall between the "cabin" and the "workshop" which is in the back.  The rails on top would actually be drone racks, with two more under the carriage to release the few wheeled drones he has.  Oh, and I'm sure there's a second set of wheels at the rear to handle all of the weight making it a 3-axle vehicle (extra tolls ftl, fitting trolls ftw).

Side note: I didn't find this on the internet, I found this awesome van down the street from my apartment here in Berlin.  If I ever where to have a large vehicle, this is probably what I would get.  The possibilities on this thing are freakin' endless!

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #383 on: <08-22-16/1137:58> »
I agree, nice post Mal.  Let's move forward to Duncan Abbey's office.  What's everyone's load out for the trip, including SINs and Licenses. 

As for the planning, things are really coming together there.  Good work everyone. 

@Tec, will Achak be sitting on the message from Eli until after the meet with Duncan before he responds?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #384 on: <08-22-16/1204:13> »
My load-out is pretty simple; I'll grab everything I've got (minus the lodge materials of course) and ride with SpitFire.

Carried:
Nixdorf Sekretar [A0, S0, DP6, FW2, w/Receiver, Fake SIN (Rating 4, Thomas Ashford, UCAS), 3 Fake Licenses (Rating 4, Registered Mystic Adept, Combat Magic, Foci Permit], Power Focus (Rating 2, metal torque), 2 Sustaining Foci (Detection, Rating 1, silver rings, one on each hand), Fetish (metal bracelet), 25 drams of Reagents

Worn: Vashon Island Synergist Business Line (AV8)

Stashed in SpitFire's van, preferably in a smuggling compartment if it has one:
Duffel Bag [w/Full Body Armor, Yamaha Raiden, 3 Spare Clips (AR), 300 regular rounds (AR, Hand Loaded +1 DV), 2 doses each of Guts, NoPaint, and Psyche]

Now that I think about it, this would have been a perfect opportunity to use Divination, but I don't think we have enough time unfortunately. With a time frame of [Force] hours it'd just take too long to try and divine something useful about either Duncan or the possible trap and/or the warehouse.

If, as we discussed when I joined the game, we use the same house rule for Ritual Magic as for Summoning (i.e. Ritual Limit is the higher of Force and Astral), viability changes dramatically; I could head home and do a one-hour Force 1 ritual, but because my limit is a maximum of 6 and thresholds are probably going to be high because of the short timeframe I'm unlikely to get very precise answers. What do you think, rednblack, doable? Divination is a Ritual Spellcasting + Magic opposed test, followed by an Arcana + Logic test; the first sets the limit for the second.

Unfortunately, out-of-character me doesn't quite know what would be useful to consider diving for. Here's a few I could think of on short notice, everyone please feel free to chip in with what might be useful:

1. "Will I be ambushed at the meeting with Duncan Abbey today"
2. "Will someone I trust try to betray me today?"
3. "Will Mr. Kreutz attempt to move the Wendigo from the warehouse in the next two days?"

1 and 2 are almost certainly Very Specific, i.e. Threshold 5. 3 is not quite as specific, so probably Threshold 4. Again, if you can think of something that might prove useful do let me know.
« Last Edit: <08-22-16/1214:58> by Herr Brackhaus »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #385 on: <08-22-16/1252:56> »
Yes, sitting on the message from Eli for now unless someone comes up with a good reason to respond sooner.

In the event that SpitFire shares the message from Nico with the rest of the group, does the list of what's for sale match what Achak remembers about Eli's loadout?

Memory test: Logic 2 + Willpower 3: 5d6t5 2 hits

@Zweiblumen I need a price for what we spent to upgrade the drones.

@Herr I think a Divination test sounds like a lot of fun. However, it might also need a lot of GM interpretation as to how the rules work. (As with many things in Street Grimoire, the wording makes my head hurt.) A ritual takes [Force] hours to complete, but nowhere is Force listed as a Limit. In fact, I see no mechanical difference between a Force 1 ritual vs. a Force 6 ritual. The test is Arcana + Logic and the limit is "based on the net successes of the ritual," whatever that means. This has not been errata'd. It would be reasonable to scrap that sentence fragment and replace it with the ritual's Force, but that's not how it is currently written.

As for loadouts, Achak will be trying to balance the need to be ready for an attack at all times with the paranoia that the mole at Knight-Errant might be able to run interference by sending some cops to investigate whoever shows up for the meet with Duncan (or their van). As such, he'll be avoiding Forbidden gear (or Restricted gear that can't be plausibly tied to his occupation) in Mercer's van, and will leave riskier items in SpitFire's trailing vehicle. The Jazz on his person is Restricted, but he'll be counting on low Concealability (-4) combined with Palming to keep that hidden in case he gets frisked. I'm hoping that the Qi Foci fall under the Registered Awakened component of his SIN, but if they technically need separate licenses then he'll leave those with SpitFire.

Achak's loadout for the meet with Duncan:

On person
Synergist Business Suit (wrinkled)
Ares Crusader II (wireless off, in the Synergist's concealed holster) loaded with stick-n-shock, plus one clip of wooden flechette and one clip of regular ammo
Fairlight Caliban (wireless on) + trodes
glasses + contacts + earbuds (wireless on)
Fake SIN (UCAS) Rating 4 - "Teros Boanerges"
1 dose Jazz
R6 Stim Patch
Slap Patch, Trauma Patch
Qi Focus (Cloak) Rating 1 (activated)
Qi Focus (Linguistics) Rating 1 (not active)
Qi Focus (Sustenance) Rating 1 (not active)

In Mercer's van
Lined Coat
Gunstock War Club
Rating 6 Medkit + medkit supply x3
Respirator Rating 6
Slap Patch, Stim Patch Rating 6 x2
Survival Kit
Disguise Kit

In SpitFire's van
Full Body Armor + Helmet
Ares Alpha (wireless off) loaded with silver APDS
ammo for machine pistol and assault rifle ammo, including mini-grenades
B&E gear
  Autopicker Rating 6
  Cellular Glove Molder Rating 4
  Gecko Tape Gloves
  Keycard Copier Rating 6
  Lockpick Set
  Maglock Passkey Rating 4
  Monofilament Chainsaw
  Sequencer Rating 5
  Miniwelder + Fuel Canister
drugs & chems & meds
  Jazz + Long Haul + Novacoke
  Medkit Rating 2
electronics
  R6 Bug Scanner
  R5 Area Jammer
  Renraku Sensei (linked to Rebecca Montreau R1 SIN)

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #386 on: <08-22-16/1343:44> »
Re: Niko.  Is Niko by any chance an associate of Iron Lung Mike's (SpitFire's drone Dealer Connection)?  Also, would Spitfire think this was odd or a trap?  IMHO, hard to judge intentions over a text, but you never know... here's his roll: Judge Intentions (Int 5 + Cha 2 = 7): 7d6t5 4  Well there ya go, that's not so shabby.

LoadOut (Subject to change after possible purchases from Niko):
[spoiler]
Home (Van) :
- Armor (concealed) (4)
- Drone racks
 - Large
 - Medium
 - Small x3
 - Micro
- Personal Armor (10)
- Cocoon
- Run Flat Tires
- Chameleon Coating (mat gunmetal grey)
- Spoof Chip (Utility Repair Vehicle) (not currently running)
- Valkyrie Module
- Workshop: Drone

Patsy :
- Yamaha Raiden (12[8], 12P-3, 25/150/350/550)
 - 120x APDS rds
 - 120x Explosive rds
 - Silencer/Suppressor
 - Smartgun system
- Sensor upgrade (4)
- Armor upgrade (+3, 8 )
- Programs
 - Maneuvering (5)
 - Smartsoft
 - Targeting (Yamaha Raiden) (5)
 - Personality
 - Pilot (5)

Punch :
- Krime Wave (8[7], 10P-8, 25/200/400/800)
 - 100x APDS rds
 - Gas-Vent System (3)
 - Smartgun system
- Armor Upgrade (+4, 8 )
- Programs
 - Smartsoft
 - Targeting (Krime Wave) (3)

5x FlySpy(s)
5(4)x Noizquito(s)

- Vulcan Lieglord (0NR - 5SP) (DP 5(4), FW 6(7), DR 5)
 - Programs
  - Clearsight (5)
  - Manuever (FlySpy) (5)
  - Manuever (Noizquito) (5)
  - Stealth

- PULSE Wave (A 0, S 2, D 6, F 6, DR 6)

- Lined Coat (Armor 9)
- PPP (Arms) +1
- PPP (Legs) +1
- PPP (Vitals) +1

- Ares Sigma (12[7] 8Pv-4 10/40/80/150)
 - 50x APDS
 - 50x Explosive
 - 50x Gel
 - Folding Stock
 - Gas-vent (3)
 - Gecko grip
 - Personalized grip
 - Smartgun system (internal)

- Bug Scanner (6)
- Micro-Tranceiver

- SIN (Charlie Brown) (Rating 5)
 - Concealed Weapons (5)
 - Driver's License (5)
 - Drone License (5)
 - Firearms License (5)
[/spoiler]

ETA: added SIN information
« Last Edit: <08-22-16/1351:41> by Zweiblumen »

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #387 on: <08-22-16/1356:43> »
Re: Smuggling compartment.  Ironically the smuggler doesn't have a smuggling compartment in his Van due to the fact that *SO* much of his stuff is F, that if they start digging through his stuff he's pretty f'd.  This is his *personal* van.  When smuggling for his previous group, they had specific equipment to run things through places in.  His defense is that he can change the van to look like (and be "registered" as) various official vehicles with his spoof chips and chameleon coating.  So, he usually uses the electronic version of carrying a clipboard into an official building while wearing a hard hat and an bright orange vest with a name-tag splatted with some vendors logo prominently.  Keeps his mouth shut and looks like he's doing important, yet very dirty and undesirable, work.

That said, stash away, he's got lots of cubbys and will do everything he can to keep the Star/KE outta his van.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <08-22-16/1449:59> »
@Herr I think a Divination test sounds like a lot of fun. However, it might also need a lot of GM interpretation as to how the rules work. (As with many things in Street Grimoire, the wording makes my head hurt.) A ritual takes [Force] hours to complete, but nowhere is Force listed as a Limit. In fact, I see no mechanical difference between a Force 1 ritual vs. a Force 6 ritual. The test is Arcana + Logic and the limit is "based on the net successes of the ritual," whatever that means. This has not been errata'd. It would be reasonable to scrap that sentence fragment and replace it with the ritual's Force, but that's not how it is currently written.
Fortunately, in this case it's not too bad.

SR5 has the rules for Ritual Magic on pages 295 and 296; Force is a factor in many things, including, but not limited to, Drain Value, the number of reagents needed, the maximum Force of a spell woven into it (not applicable in this case), the number of intervals it takes to complete (usually hours), the minimum Force of the Lodge the ritual is performed in, and most importantly, the limit and opposing dice pool for the Ritual Spellcasting + Magic vs (Force x 2) opposed test in Step 7, Seal The Ritual.

In the case of a Force 1 Augury and Sortilege ritual, I would be rolling Ritual Spellcasting 6 + Magic 6 + Power Focus 2 for a total of 14 dice against a dice pool of 2. I could also choose to ask my Bound Spirit for help for an additional 6 dice and the cost of one service; in either case it'd cost me 1 dram of reagents, it would take 1 hour to complete, and I'd be resisting 2-4 Drain.

The net hits from the Ritual would then be used to set the limit for the next part, namely the Arcana + Logic test. Given the short timeframe we're working with I'd be looking at an Arcana (Divination) 6 (+2) + Logic 4 test, needing 4 or 5 hits depending on the specificity of the question asked.

This is why I think using the Astral limit is just as important for Ritual Spellcasting as it is for summoning, if not even more so; a Force 6 ritual would cost 120Не worth of reagents, would roll 12 dice to oppose with twice the number of hits (not nets hits) determining Drain, and would take 6 hours to complete. Any net hits would then be used to set the limit for the next part, which in all likelyhood would be few, meaning the Arcana roll would be hard pressed to actually accomplish anything. By allowing the use of Astral as a limit, you'd be making a LOT more rituals a LOT more attractive, Divination in particular. I'll still be struggling to get 5 hits on 12 dice, and I'll still need to be in my Lodge (although a Temporary lodge can be created), and I'll still need to formulate questions appropriately. The results are also 100% up to the GM; as if a Threshold 5 test wasn't enough, net hits are used to determine the accuracy of the reply, with just meeting the threshold meaning you get a "cryptic reply with an underlying truth", while more hits means more accurate answers.

Obviously, the danger of Divination is just like with Assensing; you could end up getting critical information when you're not supposed to, but again, that's up to the GM to decide, really.

TL;DR
Ritual Magic isn't actually all that complicated, but it depends on a lot of GM good-will to be effective. Even then it's not a given that it'll be useful, as even a character built specifically for this kind of work is going to struggle, with some rituals more than others. Because Augury and Sortilege requires two tests (one to peer into the Astral as it were and another to interpret what you see), these challenges are even more pronounced.

Re: Smuggling compartment.  Ironically the smuggler doesn't have a smuggling compartment in his Van due to the fact that *SO* much of his stuff is F, that if they start digging through his stuff he's pretty f'd.  This is his *personal* van.  When smuggling for his previous group, they had specific equipment to run things through places in.  His defense is that he can change the van to look like (and be "registered" as) various official vehicles with his spoof chips and chameleon coating.  So, he usually uses the electronic version of carrying a clipboard into an official building while wearing a hard hat and an bright orange vest with a name-tag splatted with some vendors logo prominently.  Keeps his mouth shut and looks like he's doing important, yet very dirty and undesirable, work.

That said, stash away, he's got lots of cubbys and will do everything he can to keep the Star/KE outta his van.
In that case, why don't we just have Jaeger's vehicle trail after SpitFire's van some distance behind? He actually does have a smuggling compartment in his car, though two sets of full body armor and some misc gear might be getting close to capacity. I always figured that even in a compact car a smuggling compartment would be enough to hide a human or ork body, but full body armor is probably less flexible than most other armor so adding more might be pushing it.
« Last Edit: <08-22-16/1456:51> by Herr Brackhaus »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #389 on: <08-22-16/1646:47> »
Eli - I'd suggest responding sooner to sell the ruse. Something along the lines of "Good to see you're still alive - the zekes have been tying up loose ends and we were worried you had been tied. We can really use a good rigger, so we'd love to meet." Basically, it reduces suspicion with the immediate response because if we did fall for their ruse, we'd be happy to see him alive. Also, it gives us the opportunity to imply that we have a deficiency in our team that we do not in fact have, setting their expectations on what we can field during an ambush. Lastly, we could set the meet then or simply end the reply with a "hey, we'll call you back in a bit to set a time and place". We could even sow unrest by implying that we may have turned one of their "employees", like their plant at the bounty office that they are already cool on due to not having sufficient leverage.

Gear - All the Forbidden gear and weapons (unless otherwise specified) are in the smuggling compartment of the van, wireless off. Other items not specifically mentioned are stashed in the van.
SIN - Malcom Reynolds
Cyberware - other than the datajack, wireless off.
Armor
Armor clothing - worn, wireless on.
Argentum coat worn, wireless off, direct connect to datajack
Ballistic mask carried, wireless off
Weapons
Shock gloves, wireless off, concealed in coat.
Ares Crusaders (Sean & Joey) carried (restricted, licensed), wireless on in concealed quickdraw holsters. Loaded with tracer rounds in one, stick-n-shock in the other. Spare clip of gel and APDS. Gel clip is not hidden, APDS is hidden.
Pepper punch gas grenade x 2 - carried under coat, wireless off.
Sawdust grenade - carried under coat, wireless off.
Thermal smoke grenade - carried under coat, wireless off.
Other
Fairlight Caliban - wireless on
Biomonitor - wireless on
Sensor tags x 10 (2xcamera, 2xlaser mic, 2xultrasound, 2xomni mic, 2xdirectional mic) - wireless off
Stealth tags x 5 - wireless off
security tags x 2 - wireless off
credsticks - 1 gold, 1 standard, no credits on them

All of my devices are slaved to the commlink.

Nori - still deciding how I want to respond. Maybe mention that we have a lead on Sunrise moles in law enforcement?