NEWS

[5e OOC] Hunters Chapter 2: Fontanelle

  • 496 Replies
  • 14231 Views

bangbangtequila

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 442
« Reply #30 on: (21:32:32/05-23-16) »
I'm good to go on things, I'll put a short little adventure to my new digs, and do some soft recon on my neighbourhood to establish the local setting as I envision it. Anything I write is going to be the subjective opinion of Flickr, and rednblack you should feel free to correct, amend, or add to it any way that will enrich the game you have designed. I just love flexing my creativity when I have the opportunity. Expect the post tonight or tomorrow.

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3456
« Reply #31 on: (02:31:55/05-24-16) »
Is anyone keeping track of how many days have passed? Is it Wednesday, 12/5/74?

Gratuitously self-indulged post is up. It's near 1,900 words so I used a couple spoiler tags to help contain the spread.

Lola is a physical adept - Enthralling Performance, Attribute Boost, Improved Ability, Improved Potential, etc. - in case it is not obvious from the fluff.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #32 on: (13:04:28/05-24-16) »
@Tec, it will be Thursday Dec 6, 2074 when you get to Kadie's.

Since Zwei's availability is a little shot right now, maybe we can have Mercer and Achak approach Flickr before heading to Kadie's, and then invite Flickr to meet up with the group at Kadie's.  That would give Flickr an opportunity to get to his new digs, change, get a quick "shower," read the dossier, etc. and then get with the group.  If this seems amenable, I'll toss down a quick IC, and bring the group back to Kadie's.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3456
« Reply #33 on: (13:23:34/05-24-16) »
I'll update my IC post to reflect the correct date, plus I'll fix a couple grammatical errors.

Are you saying that you want that you want the introduction with Flickr to happen (via comm) to set up the Kadie's meet? Then they will meet in person at Kadie's? Sounds good to me.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #34 on: (15:54:35/05-24-16) »
Are you saying that you want that you want the introduction with Flickr to happen (via comm) to set up the Kadie's meet? Then they will meet in person at Kadie's? Sounds good to me.

OOCly, Flickr's mum no longer has a commcode for Flickr, and by virtue of his banishment/being disowned is forbidden to contact him.  Nevermore is passing along Mercer's burner commcode to Mother Dearest, who will call Mercer when the ship arrives -- 10:30 a.m. Dec. 6th -- and Mercer and Achak will approach and let Flickr speak with mum, who's made one last little bit of effort to keep him alive.  The team can make plans at that time to meet up at Kadie's for a proper introduction.  It's a little convoluted, but I've been trying to think of what info Flickr's parents would have to make use of.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3456
« Reply #35 on: (16:15:58/05-24-16) »
Oh, were we being literally with the use of "mum"? I thought it was code for Seamus, Flickr's handler/contact.

Flickr's background - and possible next IC post, all subject to GM revision - has him being met by Seamus once he arrives in Seattle. I figured the commcode (supplied by Nevermore, passed along by Seamus) could be available along with the dossier once Flickr reaches his apartment. Flickr would then be reaching out to Achak and Mercer, who could then arrange the meet at Kadie's.

I certainly don't know everything going on in the background - what Nevermore knows, what Seamus knows, what their motivations are, etc. - but that's how I was envisioning things with my limited understanding.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #36 on: (17:14:21/05-24-16) »
Oh, were we being literally with the use of "mum"? I thought it was code for Seamus, Flickr's handler/contact.

Flickr's background - and possible next IC post, all subject to GM revision - has him being met by Seamus once he arrives in Seattle. I figured the commcode (supplied by Nevermore, passed along by Seamus) could be available along with the dossier once Flickr reaches his apartment. Flickr would then be reaching out to Achak and Mercer, who could then arrange the meet at Kadie's.

I certainly don't know everything going on in the background - what Nevermore knows, what Seamus knows, what their motivations are, etc. - but that's how I was envisioning things with my limited understanding.

That works even better.  No need for GM post either.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

bangbangtequila

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 442
« Reply #37 on: (17:40:49/05-24-16) »
I'd rather his folks stay out of it. Disowned is disowned, any contact would be aiding and abetting a fugitive from the clans,  or I'd have taken friends in high places. His only contact in his former life is Seamus. That said, a message wouldn't be out of place though, if the parental contact is important.

My buddy showed up out of the blue, so my post may wait until the morning. After that my evenings will have st least one post every night, if not two or three to the day.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #38 on: (10:26:06/05-25-16) »
Cool.  Looking forward to it.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3456
« Reply #39 on: (02:09:53/05-26-16) »
Good post, Mal. The only tweak is that I imagine Achak was subdued rather than chipper after meeting with Lola, knowing full well that things hadn't gone his way (although it's possible that Achak would try to put on a happy face).

Malevolence

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1552
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #40 on: (02:29:57/05-26-16) »
IC up. I've left some options for Flickr to make his appearance. He could just walk in the door on time (or fashionably late), or just materialize next to the booth having been in the bar all along, or he could have slipped in from the outside while Mercer was distracted with Lola, etc.


I also left time out of it for the most part because I'm a little confused. Flickr's ship arrives at 10:30 am on the 6th. Rebecca gets pulled off the case in the morning of the 5th (I think). So far we have Mercer being contacted by Raven the day after the run on Sunrise and saying that Flickr will arrive at "10:30 am tomorrow". So it seems like we lost a day between hitting Sunrise and meeting with Flickr. Tec set the arrival at Kadie's after sundown, so it looks like for the entire 5th and 6th, all we've done is set up the meets and move to our new digs. We should probably call Duncan at some point in there and let him know we won't be using his jet.


Anyway, I don't know if we are on a clock, so taking a few extra days in game might have no impact, but I'm concerned that after riling up the hornet's nest by hitting the Sunrise offices, every hour might count as they cover their tracks.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1552
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #41 on: (02:34:03/05-26-16) »
@Tec: good point, I'll update it.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Malevolence

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1552
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #42 on: (02:38:32/05-26-16) »
Also, note that in the IC I have managed the ammo exchange as a trade for the burner and a 100 nuyen. It's 280 nuyen of ammo for 200 nuyen worth of stuff, but considering Achak's hospitality Mercer's considering it even.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3456
« Reply #43 on: (13:20:24/05-26-16) »
@Mal Sounds fair to me. I'll make the changes on my sheet.

I'm figuring the Kadie's cover charge will come from Achak's lifestyle, but rednblack can override that as he sees fit.

@bangbang Alright, where's this post? I'm eager to see it.

bangbangtequila

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 442
« Reply #44 on: (13:43:44/05-26-16) »
half edited and in the reply window. I'm posting my dice links right now for a low level spirit that should last long enough to keep me covered.
Summoning Force 2 Spirit: 15d6t5 7 Should've gone higher, like 3-4, and still been totally fine.
Spirit Opposed Roll: 2d6t5 1 So I resist 2 drain with 15 dice
Resist 2 drain: 15d6t5 5 Perfect average.