NEWS

Bluebird recruitment thread (IC)

• 46 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <04-29-16/0851:15> »
<<"She's doing fine. She's certainly confident, and seemingly for good reason. Don't know enough about her other spells, and I don't know enough about voodoo to know what other kinds of personal preparations and voodoo she'll need to perform.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <04-29-16/1132:56> »
She nodded, sipping at her tea. "I can see that two of you are adepts, but I'm curious as to the actual composition of your team. What does everyone do? Also, names would be good, unless you prefer to be called 'Krestov and Chummers'." She finished her tea and set the cup down gently, "Also, I'm fairly flexible as to what kind of help I can offer, but if we want the assistance of the loa the sooner I know what kind of help we'll need, the better. I can work on the fly, but the more time I have to prep and rest the better. Summoning can be an exhausting business. This job you're seeking a mage for - what kind of mojo are we going to need?"
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <04-29-16/1329:44> »
Slobbertooth pointed around the room at each of the team members, offering a succinct description of their roles.

Pointing first at bnc, "bnc. Decker and rigger extraordinaire. Team driver, spider, and drone overseer. ... and occasionally a drama queen..."

Next at Torrent, "Torrent. Team greaser, scout, thief, and black hand. He'll tell you about his powers if he so wishes."

Then at Krestov, "Special K. Trustworthy tin-man troll tank, taking-down targets with titanium talons. Also looks great in a suit."

Finally pointing at himself, "Slobbertooth. I shoot guns." He shrugged at the simplicity of it.

"I'll also be serving as Mr. Johnson for this job. The client has tasked us with two responsibilities. First is killing the wife of a corporate executive. The second is to discover any information linking her to two murders, and to a Lonestar captain. There is a upcoming gathering we plan to attend and there execute the contract.

"The executive has previously contract awakened assassins in the past, so the team is looking for magical support to be able to counteract these kinds of threats should they be present."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <04-29-16/1502:37> »
bnc, who missed the waitress while she was fetching her medkit, remained a bit more silent after her interrogation. For one thing, her questions have been answered. For another, she still felt dizzy.

[spoiler]By the way. Not that it mattered because it wouldn't have changed things a lot. But if your spirit of Man wasn't materialized, how could he have targeted bnc with a spell?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-01-16/2323:35> »
"So does that all like something you'd be able to handle, Bluebird?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <05-03-16/0705:32> »
[spoiler]That's a really good question. My brain did a 'it's an astral spell, I can have it case from astral', without correcting myself on the fact that bnc doesn't have an astral presence to target. We can get a GM call on it, but worst case it possesses an article of my clothing, I guess?[/spoiler]

Bluebird appreciated his bluntness in describing the team. It did seem like they had their bases covered, and some experience under their belt. "It does, yes." She smiled around the table, "I think this will be a good fit."

As far as she was concerned, she was happy to take this job. The only thing left to discuss was payment. She imagined if she got on well with the team she'd be kept on. "If you folks need a minute to discuss, that's fine, but I'm on board, pending discussion of payment."
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <05-03-16/0733:29> »
[spoiler]
Yeah, materialization/possession is definitely necessary for a spirit to be able to attack something not dual natured on the material plane. Not that that would be difficult: There are decorative stones around the room the spirit could discreetly possess. And since possess doesn't cost a service it won't change anything.
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <05-03-16/2128:42> »
Slobbertooth and the team visibly conducted a conversation over matrix and subvocal comms. There were a few poignent nods and Slobbertooth turned to Bluebird.

"Yes, you'll do for now, and hopefully later too. As Mr. Johnson I'll be taking the lead on negotiations here. In most situations going forward that will be Krestov or Torrent's job. There are a couple of payment options available to you.

"The first is a straight up 16,000 Nuyen for completion of the run. No future commitments, no lost investment on your part if you want to split after the run. No long term risk on our part.

"The second option is to take 11,000 Nuyen, and have 5,000 of that payment be shifted into paying off a loan of this bobble." Slobbertooth pulled the bobble out of his pocket. It was a luminescent ruby red crystal. "To be honest, we're not entirely sure what it can do, or how to use it. That's why we're hiring you. What we do know is that it's worth 100,000 and it was being used by the awakened assassin the Corp Exec hired. I hope that lets you know the level of threats we'll be facing.

"Back to the payment plan. Once you've payed off one quarter off it's value, including the 5,000 from this job, you will be allowed to keep it and you will be invited to stay at the housing we will be looking to purchase for the entire team. That payment will come out of the payment for your work with the team on every run. Payments will range from 5,000 to 10,000 Nuyen at your discretion. If at some point you chose to leave the team before paying off the 1/4 of the bobble's value, you would owe the team the remainder of that payment.

Obviously this would put some risk on your part if this mission does not go well, but it would also be an investment on you by us.

[spoiler]The existence presence of the bobble is a retcon, so if you would have detected it with assensing, go ahead and do so. Jack will give you the details.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-03-16/2246:21> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: <05-03-16/2238:53> »
[spoiler]With a 4 on my assensing, I think I would have seen the item... but I don't know how much info?
Rolling to assense the item more directly:
Assensing the Foci: 8d6t5 2
Upon not getting much information I ask the spirit of Spirit of Man for help assensing it, and ask him to relay that information before he departs.
Assensing the Foci: 15d6t5 6
[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <05-04-16/1102:48> »
[spoiler]
The object is a smooth sphere with 2,5 cm diameter. A closer look reveals that it is a massive, blood red ruby.
On the astral you recognize it as a Rating 6 power focus as well as a fetish allowing its user to cast spells through it at reduced drain levels.
The whole thing has a retail value of at least 110.000 nuyen.
Also there seems to be still an astral connection - the focus is still bound to whoever had it before. To claim it you need 36 karma.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <05-04-16/1203:42> »
"Have you... had anyone else look at this for you yet?" She held out her hand for the crystal, and frowned gently, "This could be a major white elephant. I can't even use it until I bind it to myself, which may take sometime. Additionally, I'll have to re-learn spells to use part of this. In the meantime, this is still bound to someone - which means they may be able to track this item, and that means you. If this is still bound to someone, unless they gave this item up willingly, that could be a huge threat - though they won't be nearly as strong magically without this thing. Of course it also means that I could track them." She looked at Slobbertooth, "All in all, that's a wonderful deal, and I'm happy to pay this thing off- but I want to give you the opportunity to think about this, because this is going to paint a big red target on me, as the carrier, and anyone around me if this person wants this back."
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-04-16/1300:15> »
Slobbertooth inhaled deeply and sighed.

"And this is why we kill awakened assassins and their decker bitch."

"While the news that the item could be used against us is unsurprising, it is disappointing. Woden and Friga will want it back. I always figured those two would come back to bite us, this probably just ups the timetable. That we know we're being tracked gives us the opportunity to turn the tables, though.

"The offer still stands. What better team-building exercise is there then fending off two very-angry assassins?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <05-04-16/1414:26> »
"I don't know, I was thinking bowling or trust falls, maybe camping." she chuckled. "I'm in." With an outstretched hand she offered handshakes to the team. "I'm sure we can handle whatever comes up."
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-04-16/1629:34> »
Slobbertooth stood up and shook Bluebird's hand.

"Now that business is settled, let's enjoy the rest of our meal."

[spoiler]And with that, I think it would be good for you to post your character sheet in the Pain & Gain OOC thread, and we can pick things back up IP if everyone is ready to go and doesn't have any objections to what just happened.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #44 on: <05-04-16/1656:29> »
Krestov could feel himself inwardly flinching at Slobbertooth's subvocalized comment, glancing off to the side as he retreated into a moment of regret.

"Slob have word, Krestov will atone for that action"

But that was all said and done as the arrangement seemed to be made.  Smiling a bit, he stood with the team to offer his huge hand in a gentle handshake.  "Welcome.  Look forward to going to work."  Nodding his head, he sat down and continued with his eel.

"Maybe consider keeping her with us until threat is established, protect investment.  Krestov can have garage if needed"