NEWS

Bluebird recruitment thread (IC)

  • 46 Replies
  • 5886 Views

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« on: <04-22-16/0244:36> »
[spoiler]Matrix search: 13d6t5 7 (all hits within limit)
Please tell us if there is anything beyond your posted CV we ought to know. If this counts as limited or "on another grid", I won't lose a hit - only if it is both. Then 6 hits remain. Is there any chance that with a result like this bnc finds out about the pregnancy? [/spoiler]

Shortly after you answered to our request, you receive an answer. Date and time for a meeting were fixed. The exact location would not be named until roughly half an hour before the meeting to avoid the wrong kind of preparation in case the wrong persons answer our call.
It's a Friday, and it's roughly 12 am when the message arrives at your 'link. As a meeting place, the team booked the book room of a sushi bar. There we are safe to speak. bnc checked for any sensors and asked to turn them off to make our meeting private. It is nicely decorated, and in the center of the table, there's a mug of sake as a welcome present from the restaurant.

[spoiler]@team This is just how I figure it. Please add you ideas or alter the setting if it's not to your liking. I just made this up to start quickly. Also I apologize if it's not fleshed out nicely. I'm a bit in a hurry.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #1 on: <04-22-16/1140:19> »
[spoiler=matrix search]Probably don't know that she's pregnant - she's in her first trimester and would have only recently found out herself - she's not showing or anything yet - I would assume via self-assensing. She wouldn't have made any major purchases yet, and I doubt she's posted in any childcare forums/pregnancy forums because she wouldn't have run into many problems besides nausea. But it's the GM's call if he thinks there'd be something.

Also, are you rolling my runner name or my assumed name? I can't imagine there's a way you've found out my birth name yet.

Bridget Bluevale
You might know something about my private investigation success and/or failures if people have posted about them. I've ended a few marriages through proving spouses were cheating which could have positive and negative notes about it online.

Bluebird
Mostly bodyguarding and security work. For the more generously compensating clients she has been known to use task spirits' artisan skill to craft lovely things for them, at no cost. Has been associated with Moxie Nguyen who leads a Seattle Vodou cult, that would be notable for their "charity" (paying the homeless a reasonable sum and/or feeding/clothing them in exchange for allowing spirits to possess them for a set time to indulge their vices).[/spoiler]

The morning of the interview Bluebird rises early, and makes herself breakfast, re-reading the notes on her current case. She'd told herself she'd make the call in the morning to her client, and begrudgingly did so after she'd finished eating. Telling your client that their wife's lover is your brother never goes well. They arranged to meet later so she could show them the evidence, and as she ended the call she received the message about the meeting location.

"Drek," she cursed out loud to nobody in particular, "I can't eat fish."

Upon being told the meeting location, Bluebird will astrally project to check out the sushi place. If it's not warded/guarded and she can look around, she will. (Providing I can complete this and then physically make it there in half an hour).
[spoiler=pre-meeting]
GM call here: perception on the astral plane, or assensing? I'm not looking at anyone specific, just checking for wards/spirits/etc and if the place isn't warded seeing how many people are there kind of thing. They're the same pool either way.
Perception/Assensing: 8d6t5 4

Assuming the place isn't warded and she can walk through while sustaining a spell, on the way there, she casts improved reflexes on herself just in case.
Spellcasting [Increase Reflexes, Force 4]: 13d6t5 6
Resist Drain: 9d6t5 1
She takes 3 stun.
She decides not to sustain the spell, and is operating on a -1 dice penalty.
Not your brightest moment, Bridget Bluevale.
[/spoiler]
She'll meet them while running her Bridget Bluevale SIN. Even if someone recognizes her as a private investigator, it's not unusual to have private meetings in back rooms to meet clients.  She packs her briefcase, checks her appearance, and heads to meet the restaurant to meet the team in the back room.

[spoiler=visual description, in case it matters]
Bridget is 28 years old, with a little pudge but healthy. Slightly freckled, fair skin and a small button nose and a round face. Round, hazel eyes and auburn hair with a bit of a wave cut chin length. Business casual - blouse, blazer, nice jeans - under her Ace of Cups [R&G pg 58]. She carries a nice briefcase.[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #2 on: <04-22-16/1210:33> »
The place looks funny in the Astral. Impregnated in the whole room is in equal measures revulsion and enjoyment - not everyone likes their sushi it seams.

As far as she can asense no-one inside the local harbors any particular hostility or aggression. There are two cybered individuals in a back room, as well as two awakened ones - one of them with a masking over their aura. Their aura alternate between curiosity, impatience and boredom and even a mild state of zen.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #3 on: <04-22-16/1220:27> »
[spoiler=edit]
Assensing the team members upon arrival.

Assensing (Auras): 4#9d6t5 3 2 2 4

The masked person opposes assensing with mag+initiate grade, if I get any net hits I see both the mask and the actual aura, as well as any masked foci being revealed.
[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #4 on: <04-22-16/1301:15> »
The first aura is that of a human girl - probably a teenager. She shows traces of chemical substance abuse and some related, severe problems with her digestive tract. In addition her brain has quite a few implants. She is mundane and her emotions show a mixture of curiosity and glee - quite sanguine.
The second one is a mature Troll, also with a few implants across his body - even his eyes have been exchanged for chrome. His aura shows a very stoic temperament without any flares, except a slight pervasive kind of melancholy.
The third is an Ork. No implants but he is definitely awakened and most likely a physical adept. His aura shows a flaring temper with impatience and a general kind of background rage - probably choleric.
The fourth is an Elf. He has a mask up over his aura, but your astral senses have pierced it. He is a strong physical adept, healthy and alert, but quite laid back. Describing his emotional state you'd choose most likely the word "phlegmatic".
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #5 on: <04-22-16/1411:59> »
Bluebird takes the empty seat at the table, sets her briefcase between her feet - a security measure. Many-a-person would love to snoop through case files she had in there, especially those who knew that she kept any photographic evidence she'd collected in her day job in the thing. It was old-fashioned, sure, maybe even archaic - but she knew as much about securing her commlink as a mundy knew about mentor spirits. It was up to her clients to decide what would be done with the evidence, not some hacker. Privacy mattered. Though, she realized now, if someone in this team could get into her 'link that she did have some contact info for clients in there, and some correspondence. Why would they want any of that though? That information wasn't valuable, unless you were in marketing or the party being investigated.

A human girl with drug problems, a troll with gear, an angry ork adept, and an elf adept who seems to have himself together. What an interesting little team. 'It's a shame I'm not a dwarf.' She chuckled inwardly.

She retrieved her pocket notebook and pen, and set them on the table, in case she needed to jot anything down.

A glance at the sake and she felt a knot in her stomach. She couldn't drink that. If a server could be found, she'd order a ginger tea.

"Lovely to meet you all," she said in a friendly tone, "Now, I hear you're looking for a mage." No sense beating around the bush, and the sooner they all relaxed around each other the sooner they'd be able to order food. 'They must have some vegetarian options.'. Something with avocado sounded delicious right now.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SgtBoomCloud

  • *
  • Guest
« Reply #6 on: <04-22-16/1523:07> »
Krestov was seated in the middle of everything...a logistical sense as well as an aesthetic one.  Looming heads over the rest of the occupants present, he sat calmly at the booth, nodding to the woman that entered and seated herself without a word.  Quietly, he would allow her to settle as his blue cybereyes studied her, inspecting for any details...

[spoiler] Perception (vis enh. 2): 9d6t5 3 [/spoiler]

Eventually, she did speak, and cut to the chase, the troll's expression changing little as he straightened up.  Dressed in a synergist longcoat over a button up shirt and tie, the blonde troll cleared his throat with some water, each move deliberately gentle as he spoke first.

"Indeed...Is Bluebird, da?  Pleasure to meet.  Name go by Krestov."  His voice denoted a thick accent..likely Russian, rumbling low and gentle as he gave off a calming presence, his tailored pheremones at work to promise an eased interview.  "Is correct, we are seeking mage for job.  Others here more knowing of particulars, but get idea we need someone who sees magic and can work with threats of such nature.  Judging by promptness you are considering for position, yes?"  He saw no attempts to take some of the sake, and snapped his fingers together to bring some waitstaff over.  "Please, make self comfortable.  No need to rush into business, yes?"

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #7 on: <04-22-16/2056:57> »
"Yes, sorry. How rude. Yes. Bluebird." She paused and recuperated. How could basic introductions slip her mind like that? "It's lovely to meet you, Krestov." Standing slightly she leaned and offered her hand to him across the table, sorry she hadn't greeted them properly prior, "And your companions." She smiled and offered her hand to the rest of them in turn.

 She studied him for a moment as she settled, and then looked around the room before turning her attention back to the table. "That's certainly something I can deal with for the right team." She chose her words carefully. Money was important, but what was more important for her was to secure herself a team and make sure they knew she was worth it. The team mattered more to her.  In the end, she might need looking out for. "I noticed you had two awakened folk - adepts, I'd assume, as you're interviewing a mage."

She paused, and took a breath. "You're right. Sorry. No need to rush into business. We should eat! And I'd love to know more about this team." She smiled and laughed brightly, allowing herself to relax slightly. Krestov seemed calm and certainly none of them appeared to harbour hostility (except perhaps the ork, but he was probably just the grumpy type).

Upon the arrival of the waitstaff she'll order a ginger tea, and some vegetable tempura if they have any as well as an avocado and cucumber roll. If none of those are available, she'll happily request whatever they'd recommend for a vegetarian.

[spoiler]
Perception (visual, enhanced 2, stun): 11d6t5 3
Specifically interested to know if there happens to be a decorative fish tank, but mainly just taking in her surroundings non-astrally.
[/spoiler]
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 868
« Reply #8 on: <04-23-16/0136:08> »
Slobbertooth raises his hand while looking at Bluebird and speaks up, "Kon'nichiwa"

He then turns his attention to the servers

"Ryokucha onegaishimasu"

"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #9 on: <04-23-16/2015:43> »
Bluebird was impressed. It was obviously Japanese, but besides the greeting she hadn't the slightest what he was saying. Having multiple languages available was always a value. It was one of the reasons she'd picked up ASL - she found surprisingly few shadowrunners had the skill. She offered him a smile, in lieu of a compliment, unsure of how flattery would go over.

"So," she straightened her posture and tucked her hair behind her ear, "How long have you all been working together? Separately?'
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 868
« Reply #10 on: <04-23-16/2311:19> »
Slobbertooth peered over the top of the menu as he answered Bluebird's question.

"We've been working together for a little over half a year now. Separately varies heavily from person to person.

"How long have you been working?"



"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #11 on: <04-23-16/2355:21> »
"My first job would have been eight years ago," she told him, "It was intended to be supplemental income. I didn't plan to keep working, but... she chuckled, and shrugged gently, "It feels good to work at something your good at, and get paid well for it, and it's wonderful to watch the loa work." She paused, and then proceeded to explain that she worked both with spellcasting and conjuring. No, she wasn't the greatest mage in the UCAS, nor the greatest shadowrunner - in fact, she could probably learn a considerable amount from some of these folk - but she could certainly be helpful on the spellcasting front and had a good relationship with the spirits. She explained that the first signs she was awakened were as a child, and she learned spellcasting and summoning as she approached her teen years.

"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #12 on: <04-25-16/0904:26> »
bnc remained silent at the question of her working experience, self-conscious about her age. When the topic changed, however, she herself posed a question the answer of which she was eager to her.

"Tell me about your magic. Which path do you follow, which kind of magic do you practice. How do you see spirits? Do you have a mentor spirit?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

hadaalia

  • *
  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 57
« Reply #13 on: <04-25-16/1300:03> »
Glad the younger girl had spoken up (meaning she obviously had some interest), Bluebird felt her confidence rise a little. "Well," she began, "I have quite a range of spells. Some manipulation, health, combat, illusion, detection." She was reluctant to give out her repetoire on the basis that if they didn't hire her, they had no reason to keep that information private - coming up against someone who knew what spells you were wielding could cause problems. "and if there's something I can't do, chances are a spirit can help.

I'm a vodou practicioner. I believe in honouring and respecting the loa as the great beings that they are. They are kind enough to bestow gifts on me, which help me very much in  this line of work"
Now was the moment where she would discover if the group was prejudiced against her tradition. Vodou had a bad reputation, mostly because of misrepresentation, but Bluebird had seen her fair share of negative reactions - in fact, people frequently believed she was joking when she told them. Her pale, freckled skin and round face with big eyes didn't seem like the kind of appearance associated with Vodou. She took her brief case from the floor and put it onto her lap, opening it and removing and action figure, which she set on the table. "They mostly just look like people - though they don't physically manifest, you can usually see when someone or something is possessed..." The action figure began to stretch, and move towards the sake.

'I will make sure there is plenty of alcohol for you - thank you so much for helping me today.'"If it would be alright, I'd like to use a gift now. Would you please conceal yourself?" 'Please take the pen and notepad with you, concealed, and draw a portrait of our friend Krestov and leave it on the floor under the table. Thank you for your gifts. You honour me with your aid.'
[spoiler]You need to roll two hits on a perception test for this spirit. Pretty easy - but you never know. In this case it's just moving around anyways.

-4 dice pool to perception tests to locate the action figure while it is concealed as well as the notepad and pen.

I assume this uses two favours (one for asking it to conceal the things, and one for asking it draw a picture to be left under the table). Two services remaining.

Drawing Krestov: 8d6t5 3
Spirit gets three hits on the artisan roll to draw Krestov.

@ GM: Also, according to chummer the bat gives me +1 to conjuring spirits, and I can only enter a building (clubs, bars, etc) once a week without rolling for it because they dislike forced inaction. They get anxious when they can't spread their wings, I guess.. Stupidly, I didn't double check it in the books. Thoughts? That's apparently not what the bat has done in the past - I'm happy to change my mentor spirit, or roll with an actual version of the bat, or keep this one.[/spoiler]

She took a moment to let people process, and then held out her hands reassuringly. She told them not to worry, that he wasn't going to cause any trouble. "In fact, I can show you what he was up to."

[spoiler]Looking Glass, Force 4: 12d6t5 3
Depending on whether that works or not, I use edge.
Second Chance: 9d6t5 4
7 hits total.
Resist Drain: 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]


"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

SquirrelDude

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 868
« Reply #14 on: <04-25-16/1344:04> »
The servers arrived with Slobbertooth's green tea. "Sake futatsu onegaishimasu"

As he took a sip of the hot tea, his eyes followed the spirit from behind the tint of his sunglasses. He kept his comment on Voodoo to himself. Ooga booga

[spoiler]Perception to Notice Spirit: 10d6t5 5[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-26-16/0912:20> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)