NEWS

Stating club class weapons

• 20 Replies

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-26-16/2214:06> »
Thank you bangbang my thoughts are hammers and maxes even against modern armor will do serious damage consider I g a flak vest only protects against peirci g of the bullet there are many cases of broken ribs and deep bruises. Now let a str 10 troll with a warhammer hit you what do you think?

Even a flak vest is going to provide some protection versus a bunt weapon, if merely by providing padding, so I'd give the armor some effectiveness against them, say 50% armor rating.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #16 on: <02-26-16/2304:48> »
Or, just give the weapon a larger AP rating.  There's no need to come up with a new mechanic, especially one that will have a ton of variation. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <02-27-16/0324:21> »
Yo guys do realize that many people that wear ballistic protection also wear trauma plates in conjunction and they're fully effective against blunt weapons.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #18 on: <02-27-16/1051:12> »
And while they aren't nearly as good at protecting you against things like knives compared to bullets, Kevlar is still a tough material. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <02-27-16/1458:43> »
Which is why the old editions stuff like riot gear armor had higher impact armor vs swat ballstic armor

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-27-16/1533:41> »
Which is why the old editions stuff like riot gear armor had higher impact armor vs swat ballstic armor
Oh the glory days of I and B ratings. I loved the complicated realism of combat stats.