NEWS

My most favoritest gun

• 34 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #30 on: (21:44:49/10-31-18) »
...though not actually a gun, an Ares Silverlight Pistol Crossbow with Static Shaft S&S bolts is probably the best to stun a target into oblivion: starts at 12 S(e) - 5, and it can hold 4 shots.  Give it a smartlink and custom grip and you can crank the accuracy up to 9 (10 if you use the Enhanced Accuracy: Bows adept power). A little expensive for the ammo  (20 bolts @ 1,000) but can be very effective.
Yeah, but with that sucker 1-2 shots is worth an entire clip of APDS in other weapons. And you can load other types of bolts, as well.

yes, but its almost totally silent, which makes it a great assassin's weapon...

(the only sound would be from the string vibrating after a shot, and you wouldn't hear that at all beyond a few feet...)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #31 on: (01:52:16/11-01-18) »
Note to self: Build some fancy non-sniperrifle assassin NPCs.
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #32 on: (03:03:18/11-01-18) »
Note to self: Build some fancy non-sniperrifle assassin NPCs.

IMO, Crossbow and bow assassin builds are too few. Everyone concentrates on the "big boomsticks", forgetting that a silencer only gives a modifier to hear the weapon, and doesn't make it actually silent :P

But the Bow and the Crossbow are silent to start with, can do good damage (especially on a surprise hit!), can be used to deliver a small payload through special heads (great to poison, or explode a target), and when you get right down to it, are no larger then a sniper rifle anyways. And did I mention they can fit many of the nifty mods that your average sniper can handle?
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: (03:13:39/11-01-18) »
And a Troll can now use 12 Power bows. =D With smartgun system!
CorpSec when an alarm is triggered;: "This is so sad, Alexa play Shoot The Runner"

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #34 on: (18:20:49/11-03-18) »
...though not actually a gun, an Ares Silverlight Pistol Crossbow with Static Shaft S&S bolts is probably the best to stun a target into oblivion: starts at 12 S(e) - 5, and it can hold 4 shots.  Give it a smartlink and custom grip and you can crank the accuracy up to 9 (10 if you use the Enhanced Accuracy: Bows adept power). A little expensive for the ammo  (20 bolts @ 1,000) but can be very effective.
Yeah, but with that sucker 1-2 shots is worth an entire clip of APDS in other weapons. And you can load other types of bolts, as well.
...other than using injection bolts, the DV of the weapon itself is too low to have much of an effect. 

Also a "grazing shot" with S&S still scores a "hit" at base damage. The one advantage of bolts over arrows is that there is no "rating" for crossbow bolts. Yeah it's still more expensive than bullets, but the trade off, it is pretty much silent.

I find it an excellent weapon for Neo Tokyo. It's not a firearm and with S&S or Narcojet, does not do lethal damage, but still can take a target "down" pretty quick. 

Where it really can get  nasty is when bolts are imbued with preparations (we have an alchemist in our Missions group that does this).
« Last Edit: (18:23:14/11-03-18) by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you