NEWS

[5e IC] Call of Fate [2076 Game Thread]

• 1173 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #660 on: <06-27-16/0902:24> »
Robyn's flying drones are still giving her a good digital picture of what is happening and she is aware of the foam as soon as the others are.  >>Team.  We have people on foot in the foam.  Are we still fighting or leaving?<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #661 on: <06-27-16/1056:08> »
[spoiler]
Edge Test: 5d6t5 3
to see which cover Isaint prefers
I'd say he is lucky, jumping behind the burning bike with a Run For Your Life interrupt action
So Ini - 5

Ini 13:
Simple Action: Activate Focus: Elemental Weapon
Simple Action: Activate Weapon Focus

Ini 3:
Simple Action: Kip-Up: Kip Up: 11d6t5 7 [11d6t5=6, 4, 6, 6, 5, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5, 5]
Attack: Window of safe house with a Karate Blow: Attack Window: 17d6t5 5 [17d6t5=2, 6, 1, 1, 5, 1, 4, 5, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 5]
DV 7P AP 6(f) +5 successes vs. Average Material (Ballistic Glas) Window Soak: 4d6t5 0
Simple Action: Command Arthur to drive to the front of the house.

[/spoiler]

'This is gonna suck.'
Isaint felt the warning tug at the edge of his awareness as the characteristic crack and whistling of mortar rounds sounded from above. "RICK, MOVE!" Arthur just had started to accelerate away from the parking lot and there was no way of getting inside in time. Instinctively he dove for the only other remaining available cover:
The burning Scorpion Roadhog that he himself had set on fire. The machine was standing upright and was massive and armored heavily. With a jolt of adrenaline, Isaint jumped through the flames and landed in a roll between the safe house wall and the bonfire bike. Than the grenades exploded and the world went white - except where it hit the flames - there it conflagrated as the normal oxidation process was sped up considerably by the additional energy and the flammable solvent. A hot, scorching blast swept over Isaint, but his cover kept the worst of the foam from hitting him and the stuff that did spill over burned up to fast to create durable bonds. 
"Oh saint, give me strength." With these words he took the right hand of his rifle and had his cestus ignite, turning his right fist into a torch.
Bringing his legs up just a fraction he explosively straightened and catapulted himself on his feet, ramming his burning fist straight through the nearest window, shattering the glass. <<Arthur, drive to safe house front door, evasion.>>
« Last Edit: <06-27-16/1739:44> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #662 on: <06-27-16/1941:17> »
...and within instants he was scattering a billowing trail white crud in his wake that was first the consistency of styrofoam but was more like half-dry cement for the last few feet has he tore out of the dispersion area. His anti-collision warnings were pinging almost before he realized he was driving blind and he slammed on the brakes, skidding to a stop as the proximity readout blazed crimson.

Practically blind in the dark car with his three coworkers, Al remembered he was also largely deaf since his earbud was now junk. He reached into his pocket and deftly flipped his commlink to speaker mode to keep up with what Robyn, Isaint, and Rick were up to.

Then he turned his attention to the huge ork crammed into the seat beside him.

"Jack baby," he said, "I don't need this windshield no more."
« Last Edit: <06-27-16/1952:49> by adamu »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #663 on: <06-28-16/0104:04> »
Robyn realizes the problem almost as soon as the foam shells deliver their cargoes.  >>Al, I am feeding my sensor readings to your commlink.  This includes the drone feeds that are now in the bottom of your 'link screen.  Let me know if you want anything fed to your eyes.  Does anyone else want the feeds?  ISaint and Deckard, are you alright?<<
« Last Edit: <06-28-16/0108:24> by Mercy Merchant »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #664 on: <06-28-16/0238:30> »
Deckard released his mental grip on the floating upside-down van once he had brought the cybered up man right under, and 2 tons of armored metal fell on him from a good 8m.
A satisfactory grin appeared on the Magicians face but his moment of pride was short lived as the whistling sound of a mortar grenade screamed above him.

He was already preparing to fling the thing away with his magic as he had previously done in the warehouse.  But the shell exploded mid air in a throng of smaller object and there was no way Deckard could control them all. The Morgan was speeding away already and so did his only coverage, so the fastest reflexe that came to his mind was to cover his head with and under his coat and kneel down to  try withstanding the upcoming blast.

In no time he was covered with a foam similar to what had been thrown at them in the Undeplex. This time alas, the magician hadn't had the chance to get to a higher ground, and he could feel the chemical substance hardening over his coat. Everything turned dark and almost silent, the sound of his own breathing taking over the deafening bang of previous gun exchange, and rubber squeaking.

He could only hope that his companions could fare better and get away in time from that chemical prison.  And that his subvocal micro-transceiver would work under the thick foam.
<< Guys, I'm alright. I have other tricks down my sleeves. >>
Deckard had always been one to try finding the best situation out of the bad. Sure he was stuck for now, but also now protected by a thick coat of hardened substance.

He projected a wave of astral energy, like a pulse of Mana that would allow him to pinpoint and maybe identify the people around him. I seemed there were more enemies, and they had to be stopped.
That meant finding their location.
[spoiler]
Detect Life (Extended) F4: 15d6t5 6 Limit 4
Drain DV3: 15d6t5 6
 [/spoiler]

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

adamu

« Reply #665 on: <06-28-16/0356:21> »
"Much obliged," Al said as screen of his comm came to life, bathing the interior of the care in a dim glow. Tiny little screen notwithstanding, the feed was impressive. Almost impressive enough to want it in his eyes - but there was no way he was enabling their wifi amid the amount of virtual weight being tossed around in this little fracas. "Link's good fer me, though."

He heard Rick's voice saying he was all right, but it sounded a bit echoey. Scanning the mage's last position from his drone's-eye view, he saw a fire by the wall of the safehouse and then a sea of white. Thumbing playback on the feed, he saw the crap bury Rick even as the others made their escapes.

"Ya don't look so all right, kemo sabe. Ya got a way out?"

Al was already reversing his car away from the truck he'd almost hit and nosing it toward a safer path based on what his commlink showed. It was awkward, but it was what he had until he could get rid of the windshield.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #666 on: <06-30-16/0514:13> »
[Sunday July 5th, 2076; Met Safehouse, Harrow, London]

As Deckard stretches out his senses across the ether he might be surprised at the amount of metahumanity within range of his spell, at least until you consider that this confrontation has been going on for less than thirty seconds and your average citizen is probably only now becoming aware that something is amiss.  Probably of more relevance to his search he confirms that the van he was levitating has a single living being and there are two in the now foamed vehicle nearby, three in the safehouse, his companions speeding away from the fight in Al’s car and something that can only be AlTwo  slowing rapidly to a halt as the foam impedes the drone pilot…

For Isaint the respite from the foam is followed by the realisation that he has just re-entered the mana static zone as it saps his powers of considerable strength…

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #667 on: <06-30-16/1011:45> »
Robyn watches the foam hardening vicariously through the sensors of her drones.  >>I know that my companion is in the healing module, but I think it might be wise for me to be near him when he wakes up.  I don't think a confused and perhaps panicking Hell Hound is what ISaint wants inside his drone.  Any thoughts?<<

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <06-30-16/1248:25> »
Isaint climbed inside the safe house with one smooth motion, but just a step beyond he felt the background count reassert itself again. He knew that somewhere the guy he shot and his companion had to be. But luckily for them he wasn't particularly interested in them. Quickly he strode through the room to the opposite side of the building, back to the window that had broken half a minute ago when this assault had started. The flame on his cestus had fizzled out as the astral pollution overwhelmed the comparatively weak construct, but the strong empowerment of the weapon focus stayed active. A small rumbling in his belly reminded him that they still needed to meet those doctors. Keeping an eye open for a surprise attack by the remaining trooper he finally found time to take care of his team. A quick look out of the window confirmed his worry: Arthur and the Morgan had been hit by the sticky stuff.
<<Arthur, stop the car, get out and release the hound from the VM. Change to APDS and stay ready to defend.>>
<<Team, should you not have noticed it yet, but we are fucked and we need to leave. My bike is somewhere on this lot, covered in foam and my Morgan won't get me further either. My agents tell me we are covered in RFID markers and somewhere someone has an automatic mortar aimed at this position. We need to get underground again ASAP to clean up and get our treatment.

Rick, do you need help or can you blast your way out yourself?
Robyn, can you jack a car for us - preferably discretely? Just spoof it so we can use it. If you can spare attention or an agent, search for a military grade mortar within a one klick radius. I'm quite certain they use wireless to coordinate their shots through the drones.
Mrs. Karasu, if you have another trick up your sleeve, now is the time to use it. We need a way to block further mortar rounds. Blocking line of sight probably won't work as long as enemy drones are about, but a spirit might be able to deflect incoming stuff.
Al, once again your Van seems to have become a casualty, but for now keep going if you can so you stay a moving target.
Jackhammer, keep the others alive until we rejoin you.>>

talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #669 on: <06-30-16/1448:33> »
<<Negatory bossman>> Al shouted at his commlink as he fast-reversed back towards the foam mountain. It had a disconnected feeling like playing a game, driving based on an image on a 2D screen. <<Al don't leave till ever'one leaves..>>

He popped the trunk as he approached the foam, but it was stuck, so he reversed hard against the now solid mass - naturally it was as hard as the crap jamming his trunk, so a few good taps was all it took. Hopefully none of his passengers got whiplash.

<<Anyone wants a lift git in now, but it's the trunk or else you'll be gittin' real cozy-like with the ladies.>>

Even as he waited on station to pick up any stragglers, he held the hand brake while spinning his wheels. The screeching was horrific, but the car would be able to sping forward at any sign of trouble.
« Last Edit: <07-01-16/0724:48> by adamu »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #670 on: <07-01-16/0214:13> »
Deckard appreciated the concern from his teammates.
<< I won't lie, this turns out to not be the most comfortable place to stick around. I'm starting  to feel bad for those poor lads caught in it.>>

Deckard took a deep breath, what he was about to attempt was pushing the limit of Magic. He loved his wife. But in spite of all his efforts, he had been unable to save her. He had to admit, thanks to her, he had continue pushing his understanding of the MEtamagics and the Spirit World. He had spent countless hour in the Metaplanes, for one, maybe figure out where her soul/spirit could have gone, and two, find a way to be with her again, to feel her, to be one.

What he had found was a way to confine the available summoning space when calling on a spirit to only his own transcendental presence in the Astral space. He was channeling the conjuring into himself, becoming one with the spirit, inside his own meat body. He didn't yet know how dangerous it could be, to consciously give away and share one's own corpse. All he knew was that he long the day he would find his WIfe Cara's Spirit. And melt their soul together again.

What he needed right now was less lovy touchy, however. He needed to free himself from this hard foam prison  and all that came to his mind was to burn the shit down without injuring himself...

His eye closed and he reached through the planes of Magic to call upon an Fire Elemental. But as the connection was made he channeled it into himself.

He felt an almost palpable energy filling up his veins. His muscle tensed then stretched and a warm feeling of power and clarity shook his senses. And along with this, the weird feeling of being being someone else, or rather something else. He felt the uneasiness of the Spirit at first. suddenly limited by an unfamiliar form.

I'm sorry buddy, he mentally communicated with the elemental, this vessel may feel a bit clumsy,  but I very much care about it, and thus you inside. Plus you got to admit it looks pretty darn hot. Now I'll leave you control of it but you gotta do what you can to disable our enemies, at least long enough for my companion and us to escape. And yes, that'd imply getting out of that foamy prison.

He felt his mind take a back seat as the spirit started to move his body, quickly familiarizing himself with its capabilities. Deckard felt reassured. Not so much for the confidence he'll soon be out of here, but for the sensation that he could in a instant and quite easily regain the driver seat and control of himself/his body.

Magical flames had started to surround Deckard's body, swirling in very random directions. He didn't feel any heat or burn, but the flames definitely had its effect on the foam. The Fire Elemental/He started to use  its power to break the out of the cocoon.

[spoiler]
Channeling F8 Fire Spirit (16DP - 1 stun modifier): 15d6t5 8
F8 Fire Spirit Resistance: 8d6t5 3
Drain Resistance DV6: 15d6t5 2 Ouch!

4 Stun. Technically, Not sure if the spirit for removes 8 Wound modifiers, then we take the drain, or Deckard takes the drain then the Possessing SPirits removes the Modifiers. Up for discussion, but I'm fine withth e -1 Stun modifier)

1 Service to relinquish control of his body to the Spirit.
Counting on 'it' to free Deckard.

[/spoiler]
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #671 on: <07-01-16/0233:16> »
Robyn's VR avatar nods.  >>Yes, I can try those things.  My thought on the mortar, though, is that it is hidden and probably wrapped.  It might take a very long time to look at each individual icon in that sort of radius, and I have my agent searching out and silencing every RFID tag it can find right now.  The car is a lot easier.  I can get it to accept me since there is no one really here to fight me and getting three marks ought to be easy.  I am a bit concerned about GOD and should reboot my deck soon, perhaps before I take the car?<<

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #672 on: <07-01-16/1316:47> »
Isaint was interrupted in his musings by the reappearance of the man with the sonic rifle. Obviously, ignoring him so he could take care of his friend had not found a favorable reciprocation.
"Drop your weapons!"
The words probably had been more a reflex, or - if something like this existed - more a kind of rhetorical command since he immediately pulled the trigger of his SMG filling the room with an inescapable stream of armor piercing rounds. The astral static had dampened Isaint's reflexes to the point he couldn't do much more than flinch as the salvo hit his armor. As the hammering stopped, Isaint had dropped to one knee. Now he looked up:
"Sure, catch. Vade Retro!"
With a remarkable fluid motion he threw a small grenade over the head of the man to impact somewhere behind him in the next room. Immediately the man was covered in a cloud of clear vapor.
The Narcoject and DMSO worked quickly, but not quickly enough to prevent the man from readjusting his aim and squeezing out another salvo. This time Isaint felt the impact driving the air out of his lungs.
<<I'm hit...>>
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #673 on: <07-05-16/1028:13> »
>>How bad is it, ISaint?  If this stuff is hardening, I can walk across it and enter the building through the upper floor.  Al, can you get me closer?  I can slip from VR and reboot the deck while I do this.  Ideas?<<

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #674 on: <07-05-16/1125:05> »
<<Bad enough that my auto injector wants to give me a stimulant. Don't worry, I'm not done yet. Reboot and get us one or two disposable cars jacked. I need to help Arthur get out of my car. Oh, and hold that camera drone steady for a second.>>
Gingerly, Isaint stepped out of the window to the front of the building. Pain coursed through his upper body with every step.
The automatic fire of the remaining merc was grating on his nerves.
<<Arthur, change to regular ammo and shoot your way free of the car. Gather all remaining supplies and go on defense mode and team assist.>>

Isaint felt the oppressive mana static fall away and he concentrated on his next action. Another grenade found his way to his hand.

He peaked around the corner and lobbed underhanded the pepper punch gas grenade into the open roof hatch without leaving his cover. "Vade Retro."

A plume of acrid white smoke exploded from within the stuck van turning its insides into a little piece of burning hell.

At the same time Arthur full filled his orders: A tight burst of automatic fire tore through the caked canvas roof of the Morgan, freeing the drone from his foam prison.

[spoiler]
Ini: 13+4d6 24
24: Direct Arthur
14: Focused Concentration, to mitigate assisted blind fire (-3)
4: Adept Centering (ignore wound penalties), Aim, Throw
Grenade throw: 8d6t5 4

Decker Resist:
Resist: 7d6t5 1 takes 10 Stun, goes unconscious at end of round
Driver Resist:
Resist: 8d6t5 1  takes 10 Stun, goes unconscious at end of round

Arthur
Ini: 10+4d6 25
25: Force Door: STR+BOD: 8d6t5 1
15: Change Drum Magazine
5: Shoot canvas roof w/ Brain Blaster
Shoot w/Brainblaster: 12d6t5 3 [12d6t5=6, 2, 5, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6, 1, 2]