NEWS

At the Hive - Peace, Blessings and a Peace of Hill (sidethread, IC)

  • 26 Replies
  • 3042 Views

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« on: <12-24-15/0828:04> »
"Let's get inside quickly. I'd like less spectators.', Scarcrow suggests. "Nothing to see here!", he then addresses any bold kids that try to get closer- if there are any,

He looked for any familiar faces among the youngsters.

[spoiler]Looking for anyone I know: Perception: 5d6t5 3 [/spoiler]

It takes a while since one of the elders arrives. You can see Sissy after two minutes, encompanied by a young Norm man of about 18 or 19 years. "The Iceman!" Sissy's voice roars over the place. He shoves away the boys and girls like little dools, as he forces his way through the cloud. "Pay time!"
The young man follows swiftly behind the troll, using the free space the huge youth leaves behind him. He's panting as they arrive at the car. "Wait ... wait. What's going on here?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #1 on: <12-24-15/1007:11> »
Bistarai, bhai! , Scarcrow bellowed. Slow down, chummer. "No need to rush, he's not going anywhere." And he got ready to heave the killer on his shoulders. He didn't want the kids to take Frozen Yoghurt right away, as long a he still had the hostage, the tables where in his favor.
" I'd like to go inside. We gotta talk about some stuff with less than half the sprawl watching."
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #2 on: <12-24-15/1146:43> »
"Inside where?", asks the young man. "Who are you, anyway?"
"What? You gonna just carry that ... murderer around? Givim a good nice view o' his victim's people? I say we crush 'im right away, I say!"
"Keep it down, Sissy. Remember, we're not like him."

Just as the young, quite reasonable man seems slowly to hold back the crowd of bloodthirsty girls and boys, a prominent face appears in the crowd, eyes gleaming. You recall his name easily: Riker
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #3 on: <12-24-15/1416:47> »
[spoiler] oh right, forgot that they don't know me... sorry.
Before I spill any details about our mission: what are our surroundings? How many people, anyone besides ragged street kids? what kind of neighborhood?[/spoiler]

Scarcrow eyed the other troll carefully. Who does this brat think he is? King Kulratar?
"Quite a direct fellow you are, hm? I like it. Name's Scarcrow, me and my chummers just did ... Lucky and Riker and their gang a big favor. Suzanne also knows me. Didn't they tell you about us?
Right now I'm delivering this li'l fucker "
, and he shook the unconscious man, "to them. To one of them only. That okay with you?"

When he spots Riker: " Oi, Riker! We got the bastard. Would ya tell your buddies I'm no danger?"
He chose a casual voice to hide his tension and positioned himself between FY and Riker.
« Last Edit: <12-24-15/1431:42> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #4 on: <12-24-15/1530:09> »
Riker called out over the agitated voices: "Yeah, guys calm down. I told you that they got him. I saw them carry him out of the bath house. They are cool. Now shut the fuck up, I'm going to lose my voice if I have to scream the whole time...
Thank you. Let them inside. They kept their promise."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #5 on: <12-25-15/0513:25> »
"All right, all right. You know them, Riker? Cool. My name's Man Bahadur. I don't know what the heck we did to deal with such folks [you're not sure whether he meant Frozen Yoghurt or you with this remark] but let it be the way it is. Come on inside. Let's talk.
And you get off. The Iceman will get what he deserves. Stay back!


Sissy grunts and glares, but shuts his mouth. He follow us, a looming danger guarding the one he chose to follow.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #6 on: <12-25-15/0721:45> »
Scarcrow nodded. He was pleased. That Riker seemed to be quite rational after all, but that other troll... Gotta watch out for that one. No one kills my hostage until I got all the infomation i want.
He took a look over his shoulder to make sure Sissy wouldn't attack the unconscious man in his back.

When they are in a sort of private environment, he begins :
"Me and my chummers... well, we're no heroes or anything like that, but we're working on a job that might give us an opportunity to help the kids captured by the Sai-Baba-temple. Your fellas, am I right?
So this Iceman... he was a real pain to get, but in the end he told us about some folks involved with your friends: A chick named Manisha Hatsu... Hatsumato, I believe, and someone called Uncle Prasad. Both work with the temple. Do these ring a bell?"

speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #7 on: <12-27-15/0508:54> »
"Private" definitely isn't the right word, but he shoes away curious kids (which doesn't necessarily mean they don't try to overhear somethithe lion's share of the conversation). Still, that's all you can get.
Sissy seems able to contain his anger for a while. As Man Bahadur demands with a firm voice he leave the room, he goes. So you're alone with Riker and Man Bahadur. And Frozen Yoghurt, or what's left o' him.

"Hm. Manisha Hatsumoto. I couldn't say I've heard the name before. Maybe you know something, Riker? This Uncle Prasad ... I believe, Bikki mentioned the named. Shall I call for him?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #8 on: <12-27-15/0709:53> »
"Sure," answered Riker, "we met that lady whats-her-face in a temple and got her to pay for Bikki's doctor after we captured Ravinder. Don't tell the cops, but we also geeked one of the bastards when they tried to go back on our previous deal. She was mostly interested in smoothing things over and getting us to shut up. But at least she paid and just got on with his life. Not like that asshole." At that Riker kicked the unconscious man.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #9 on: <12-27-15/0838:49> »
"Bikki? That's the brainwashed one, right? Yeah, if I could talk to him, that'd be great."

@ Riker: "Hmm... you didn't maybe get her comlink, or something? Or this Ravinder's one?"
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #10 on: <12-27-15/1556:49> »
[spoiler]Falls du "commcode" meinst - nein, Ravinder hat sie direkt angerufen. Wir haben ihre Nummer nie gehabt.[/spoiler]

"Yeah ... yeah - hey, Ashish. Ashish, you annoying bastard, I know that you're listening. Come on, do something useful for a change an call for Musaa. He's to come here like asap! Chito!"
"Crap, yeah, I'm going."
"Uhm, Riker ... Well, you know... You could just wait outside and overhear the conversation and, dunno, joing via commlink or something. And make sure Ashish doesn't listen anymore, or he'll get no movie tonight for sure!"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #11 on: <12-27-15/1636:10> »
"Yeah, yeah. I'll see if I can get Lucky in." With that the boy went out.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #12 on: <12-29-15/0249:35> »
[spoiler]You can either join as Lucky - if gilga doesn't mind - or joing with Riker over commlink.[/spoiler]

After a couple of minutes in which you casually talk to Man Bahadur - who seems to be a very gentle person by nature, if he doesn't act as a leader of almost uncontrollable boys and girls - he little boy entered the plastic crate that hardly deserved the name 'room'.
He seemed a little bit disoriented or confused. When he enters, he emits the nervous restlessness of an uprooted child. His eyes dart back and forth between Man Bahadur and Scarcrow, then Ashish ashishes, uhm, ushers him in.
"Bhaai?", he asks with an insecure voice. Although almost imperceptible under a long blanked of jet black hair, your first gaze falls on the shiny datajack that doesn't fit into the image of a dirty, lost street kid. You can also see that his lips are broken and one eye is slightly swollen.
"This ... man has some questions he wants to ask you. Answer truly, don't lie, respect elders. You hear me, boy?"
Musaa nods and looks expectantly and a little anxiously at the huge scarred monster.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #13 on: <12-29-15/0643:09> »
"Come on in, young man.", Scarcrow said, trying his best to look friendly and not intimidating - not an easy task if you're a massive, disfigured, abominable brute.
"Don't worry, I'm not a cop or anything like that. Just a guy who cares about stories, and from what I've heard, you've got quite some story to tell, bhai."
He gave the boy a moment to settle himself.
"I' curious, for example... how does a boy like you get such a shiny slot in his head? Who did that?"


He ignored the signs of a beating on little Bikki - at least for now. How these rats deal with each other ain't none of my business.

[spoiler]Literally laughing my ass off. ;D Man, that Ashish-cameo reminds me of a certain someone... Maybe I'll have Scacrow teach him some manners  ;)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-29-15/0645:15> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #14 on: <12-29-15/0651:23> »
[spoiler]I don't mind ;)[/spoiler]