NEWS

Green Hornet OMG! WTF?

• 41 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« on: <01-06-11/0730:30> »
So there I was laying in bed watching TMZ with my wife and an advertisement came on for the Green Hornet movie. They showed a clip of the hornet picking his name. It went something like this;

"I'll be the Green Hornet, and you'll be... The Blue Marsupia l:nuke:." To which Kato hits the hornet in the crotch!

I spit out my drink laughing my @$$ off!

My baby just gave me  THAT  look :-\.

Explaining Blue Marsupials to an outsider is hard is all I am saying!  ::)

For those of you not familiar with Wombat of CBT... SHe is quite a Character ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-11/0910:44> »
Fear the blue fuzzy one....that is all I have to say.

;)

But yeah, saw the GH trailer, I was worried about Rogan, but...now not so much.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #2 on: <01-06-11/0923:13> »
Yeah, I see they are making the movie with a bit of Campy humor that fits Rogan's style. Nice to see a hero movie that is looking like its just supposed to be a fun romp. Tickles me that the hero is more of a sidekick while the sidekick is the hero! ;D

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #3 on: <01-06-11/0933:24> »
And dont forget...the car.

8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #4 on: <01-06-11/0946:20> »
And dont forget...the car.

8)
Sorry I was enjoying a cigarette after thinking of the car! ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <01-06-11/1039:23> »
I saw the car (and Kato's nitrous-injected Harley) at The Source in Minneapolis a few months back. Both were VERY sweet rides.

I'm still not sure on the comedic side of the Green Hornet. Yes, he was campy in the 60s (same as Batman) and it may be good. My worries are that other studios may decide "Campy Hero" is the new In thing and we're back to fighting to have them taken seriously again.

As for GH being a sidekick to Kato... Well, let's just say that's a holdover from Bruce Lee being the original Kato on the TV series. Hard to make that man a second fiddle to anyone (remember, he kicked Chuck Norris' ass).

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #6 on: <01-06-11/1041:43> »
So did my High School art teacher. With Pictures to prove it! ;D

Acme

« Reply #7 on: <01-07-11/1717:53> »
I've gotta agree with FJ, I'm a little torn on the campy style with GH.  It was supposed to be a serious setup, but it seems more like a buddy cop movie rather than a pulp hero.

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #8 on: <01-08-11/1839:21> »
Saw this preview last night when I went to see Tron this movie is a maybe for me.

Also saw previews for the next pirates movie some new people but still the same idea so i'll probally go.

Thor the next marvel movie will probally see it too.

And then there was the preview of Real Steel or as I will now call it from here on out Rock'em Sock'em Robots movie! ;D Might see it
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-11-11/0013:33> »
I hope that they have the Hornet be an actual detective in addition to a smart-ass.  In the original (although to the chagrin to the actor portraying the Hornet), the Hornet was the thinker to Kato's fists of fury.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Acme

« Reply #10 on: <01-11-11/1544:53> »
During the football game last night, they recut the trailer to highlight the action aspects... So maybe they're just playing up the "buddy cop" aspect in the trailers I'd seen so far.  However, the thinker aspect... I don't know about that.   In some I'd seen, the backstory is that the guy who plays the Hornet is a layabout rich kid that sorta fell into the media empire when his dad died.  Whether he's a SMART layabout or not... We'll ultimately have to see. 

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-11-11/1547:10> »
The previous incarnation was that of a shrewd detective solving crimes with his high-octane beatstick laying waste to baddies with his fists.  I'd say that's a great team-up, whether it's on TV, the movies, or an RPG.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-11-11/1612:47> »
I'm still not sure on the comedic side of the Green Hornet. Yes, he was campy in the 60s (same as Batman) and it may be good. My worries are that other studios may decide "Campy Hero" is the new In thing and we're back to fighting to have them taken seriously again.

Thank god Green Lantern is already filming or they might re-cast Jack Black.  I had a serious meltdown when I heard about that.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #13 on: <01-11-11/1616:44> »
I don't really care for Green Lantern, but the idea of Jack Black playing him sent a shiver down my spine.

jayhawk1106

« Reply #14 on: <01-11-11/1620:39> »
Be glad it's campy and not kiddied up.  Love the TMNT comics, HATE the *&^%&*% cartoons.  I'll take campy any day.