NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

  • 526 Replies
  • 39896 Views

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #60 on: <09-30-15/0755:53> »
"Aye, that sounds good.", Byron agreed.
"What about services the temple does? I mean, they probably do ilke... feeding of the poor and that kinda shit. One of us could pretend he's a beggar."


[spoiler]Can we assume they do stuff like that?[/spoiler]
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #61 on: <09-30-15/0900:24> »
[spoiler]You can.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #62 on: <09-30-15/0957:25> »
"You know what this is a good idea until we find an in. I am pretty good with disguises and is not like I am that pretty anyhow. I can do begger I have a disguise kit in the back and it have some props and dirt is not hard to find. I think I'll go there right now... perhaps I hear something that help me weasel in as a security guard."

Just a dash of magic, hard work and experience Mark can turn himself into quite a convincing begger.
"I'll try to see how much they really help the poor... wish me luck" he said as he departed by foot to the temple. Before leaving he made sure that he has the link frequencies of them all.

[spoiler]
To look the part -
Disguise: 14d6t5 5
To act the part (specialty human)
Impersonation: 10d6t5 5

I forgot to add the dice of intuition for the disguise - (and feel free to help if you know how to make disguises).
4 intuition dice from magic: 4d6t5 2

so overall of 12 hits I guess Mark really looks down on his luck...
[/spoiler]
 
« Last Edit: <09-30-15/0959:45> by gilga »

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #63 on: <09-30-15/1420:27> »
"Good luck, fellow."

To Cinder: "Shall we look for that kiddo then?"
« Last Edit: <09-30-15/1503:17> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #64 on: <09-30-15/1441:48> »
"Be careful, those temple people are not of the singing and be nice kind - even without the experiments on children."
He nodded:
"Yes, I'll have to spend the afternoon with requisition forms, but tonight we can go down to the river and look for him playing. Pretty good voice. I'll send you a picture and as soon as I have it, I'll mail you the address for the observation post."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #65 on: <10-01-15/0616:44> »
Byron had bought some equipment before going to the meeting point:
In a shabby little backpack with only one strap he kept a large bottle of drinking water, a 1-liter-canister of gasoline, a big lighter, a black rug with two eye-slits cut in and reel of black, robust cellotape.
And his shock-gloves of course. He always brought shock-gloves when he was about to interrogate someone. It was his way of showing his good intentions: in his language, shock-gloves basically ment: don't worry, I'm not planning to kill you. Just maybe to stun you so you're defenseless and I can carry you to wherever I want to continue the interrogation.

Also, he was now wearing his armor-jacket, carrying some more throwing-knives in the pockets.
« Last Edit: <10-01-15/0622:39> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #66 on: <10-02-15/0227:58> »
It takes you a while to get there but everybody knows the place. Sai Baba's temple. It is a nice four - levelled pagoda, surrounding by some more mundane buildings: Kitchens, sleeping rooms, bathrooms. The place before the temple is full with people: Followers who savor the holy air, traders, sick and wounded who wait for the Baba to return, street dogs who live from those people's garbage. The sun shines on an idyllic scenery, yet it feels wrong. You can't put your finger on it, maybe it's just your knowledge about what's going on. But it is there, like a small hint of gorgonzola in a Blackforest cake.

[spoiler]Cinder and Scarcrow didn't go anywhere yet, right?[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #67 on: <10-02-15/0251:16> »
[spoiler]Correct.
[/spoiler]

Cinder turned away from the serene display with disgust. A rotten core behind a veneer of holiness.
"I have to go. I'll contact you with the address at the end of my shift."

Eight hours later,

Cinder texted Scarecrow:
<<Come down to the tourist platform at the river. There are a lot of street musicians, we'll start there. Casual wear - we don't want to scare him or them.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #68 on: <10-02-15/0524:19> »
Mark just hang around by the temple lost, confused and hopeless. He is looking for a warm meal or someplace to be for the night.
He will try to familiarize with the other beggars in the area and to understand the dynamics of the place.  If he sees an opportunity for food he'll take it.

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #69 on: <10-02-15/0621:32> »
Scarcrow had been waiting for Cinder's direction's eagerly, so when he received the message, he was prepared. Probably overprepared. Shrugging, he strapped off his armor jacket and put on his battered raincoat, the same he had worn for the meeting at Momo Palace, simply because he had only this one coat. He left the backpack at home. One knive in his holster, one in each boot, he headed for the tourist platform.

@ Cinder:
<< On the way. >>


[spoiler]Oh, sorry, I thought we were directly going to look for and interrogate whoever Lucky tells us to (Manisha?).
My bad, guess I was too bloodthirsty with that one  :P
Thanks for telling me.[/spoiler]
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #70 on: <10-02-15/0656:09> »
There is one think, Mark can tell very soon. There are beggars near the temple place, but you can hardly see anyone at the temple place.

[spoiler]Do you try to get to know some of the beggars in the surrounding or do you join the very few beggars at the temple?
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #71 on: <10-02-15/0733:53> »
[spoiler]
Try and get to know beggers near the temple.
[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #72 on: <10-02-15/0851:12> »
Once Cinder an Scarecrow were in position, Cinder began walking along the street, looking and listening for Lucky's performance.
"Here, I've sent you a recent foto of him. Listen for guitar and song. He should be around here somewhere. Be careful if you ask about him - those street rats are tight and distrusting - with good reason."
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #73 on: <10-02-15/1713:30> »
Scarcrow nodded. "Split up, shall we?"
If Cinder doesn't object, he walks a few steps away from the policeman and starts looking for the singer in a different direction.
He also buys a roasted corncob from a streetmerchant, to look more casual and because he's hungry, and slowly makes his way through the crowd, taking the time to watch some decent musicians for a short while, pretending not to look for anything or anyone special.

[spoiler]
Any perception-rolls required?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-02-15/1715:17> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #74 on: <10-05-15/0030:47> »
Mark

"Poor fella," says a kid as you sit down and try to get to know the other beggars. As expected, it didn't prove to be all too easy: Every new beggar meant some fewer rupees landing into every single one's pocket. Another hand to take the money away.
"How did you land here," the girls asks. You guess she'd be around eleven, just a bit before she gets on the verge of becoming a woman. "I never see you around? You hungry?"
She wears casual clothing: a T-shirt, slightly torn jeans. Not too shabby, but not too fancy either. Just another girl in just another road in just another god-forsaken city rotten with death, corruption and injustice.

Cinder

[spoiler]How are you dressed?[/spoiler]

You can feel the mood is tense here. You are being eyed with suspicion and the kids in the Hive are drawing back as you come closer. You can hear music, but it's only a low-quality radio in a small khaja ghar run by an elderly woman. Some of the looks are hostile, but most of them are scared. After half an hour, you still haven't found Lucky - let alone talked to a single street kid.

Scarcrow

[spoiler]How are you dressed?[/spoiler]

The woman hastily stuffs the crumpled rupee note into one of her pockets. "Other services as well, Sir?" She doesn't look too bad for a woman in her mid-thirties. A bit worn-out and skinny, but her hair is long and black. You can see a longing look in her eyes, but it doesn't long for you, it longs for a filled belly.

After wandering around for half an hour, you can tell that you've been spotted. A group of a handful of young men (and a girl) of about 15 to 20 approach you in a half-circle. They are wielding knives, bats, pipes and chains. Two of them have guns holstered. None of them look like they're in for a good chat about the pros and cons of the categorical imperative.
"Oy, Greymane, you lookin' for trouble? Get off here, before we make you a tika you'll never forget."
You can't quite put your finger on the why, but you're almost sure they don't really want to bless you.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"