NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [IC]

  • 526 Replies
  • 39888 Views

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #45 on: <09-26-15/0640:11> »
Again, Mark had managed to completely throw Scarcrow off. The troll was not used to people offering him a ride. But I could get used to that, he thought and nodded in response. "Your car big enough for me? We need a place to discuss what we're gonna do now."
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #46 on: <09-26-15/0651:43> »
"got some space in the cabin for two more, or if it is too tight you can climb in the back with the drones."

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #47 on: <09-26-15/0725:00> »
As you leave you can see a street merchant eyeing you with curiosity.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #48 on: <09-27-15/0411:47> »
Byron did what he always did when some merchant tried to sell him "best Nepali handicrafts" or whatever they called it: nothing. When a merchant was bold enough to ask him, he could still decide to blush him off afterwards.
Silently he waited for Mark to lead the way to the vehicle.
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #49 on: <09-27-15/0428:55> »
"Is there anything you want ?" Mark asked the merchant.

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #50 on: <09-27-15/0432:40> »
In a low voice Cinder murmured: "I'll catch up with you. It is better if I'm not seen with you. Those merchants gossip."
Without a sideward glance to the two shadowrunners he made his own way to his bike. Only then did he contact them via comm:
<<There is a little shed not far from here without any prying eyes to worry about. Let's go there and talk about logistics and plans.>>

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #51 on: <09-27-15/0744:07> »
Obviously taken aback, the merchant raises his hands in defense. "Nothing, Sir! I-I ... do you need shoe polish?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #52 on: <09-27-15/0748:21> »
Why thank you! Said Mark and tossed two rupee (or any other socially accepted amount) of money to a small bin near the merchant.


luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #53 on: <09-27-15/1125:32> »
"Oi, chummer", Scarcrow addresses the shoe-cleaner with a lowered voice. "Dhai's got a question for you: Couple o'minutes ago a lady left Momo Palace. Big ork, almost as heavy as me, but a lot prettier. You seen her leave? Did she talk to someone?", and he got a 100-rupies-note out of his pocket, ready to slip it to the guy.

He didn't expect anything important, but maybe some background-information about their boss like the sign of her car or something .
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #54 on: <09-27-15/1320:55> »
"Yeah, yeah, I saw her. She talked to nobody, Sir, or maybe only over these, you know, commlink-in-the-brain things. She had a black car. Looked expensive."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 302
« Reply #55 on: <09-27-15/1431:22> »
"That's all you remember?", he asked, handing the guy another note. Should've expected that. "All right, do me a favor, pal: get drunk tonight and forget about this, will ya?"

Patting him on the shoulder, he stood back, waiting for the man to finish polishing Mark's shoes, ready to leave for Cinder's location.

A shame... Would have loved to know from what con she is.
Well, it was worth a try.

« Last Edit: <09-27-15/1736:11> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1896
« Reply #56 on: <09-27-15/1448:55> »
"Is all, Sir. I'll toast to you, Sir!"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #57 on: <09-29-15/1050:08> »
After a short while Mark and Scarcrow make their way to the meeting point. When they do Mark deploys a couple of flying eyes  and scan the place with his RCC both matrix and the physical space. When he decide that they are in the clear (or not) he say "Okay we can talk".

[spoiler]
Improve intuition: 14d6t5 4
drain: 9d6t5 5

using remote contorl and replacing perception with electronic warefare to scan the area physically. with flying eye drones.
Remote control perception physical perception: 16d6t5 5
flying eyes autonomous perception:
Drone perception: 2#9d6t5 2 4
Physically they are atleast trying to hold the perimiter.
then Mark will scan the matrix with is RCC(matrix perception) going to hot sim for a short while.
Matrix perception (hot sim: 16d6t5 4

He is a bit cautious or paranoid depends on your perspective.



[/spoiler]

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #58 on: <09-29-15/1620:24> »
When the two runners had arrived, Cinder waited for them with an AR map of the temple.
"So, since we'll work on this together, we should probably start with the logistics.
I am a cop and I have to work at least three shifts per week, so I won't be able to do surveillance 24/7. But I can get us an apartment with a view on the temple through my employer.
So far I have no idea how many guards are in there, or where the medical facilities are. For that we might have to interview that kid those street rats got back. I'll try to find this Lucky guy to arrange that.
If you can, a sweep with drones as well as a decent hack of their systems for a more detailed layout wouldn't hurt either.

Thoughts on that so far?"
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5449
« Reply #59 on: <09-30-15/0441:07> »
Mark grins "Relax man... nobody is perfect. I never thought I'd work with a cop but we can start pulling surveillance over there.

We can also try and be legitimately employed by the temple it will allow me to observe the employees in there and deploy my drones into guard duties. If I am the one seating in their control room access is going to be a lot easier. Can your employer help with that?

I have a very attractive offer for physical security as I provide drones, surveillance and astral security... and I tend to under sell myself so I will work for peanuts I think it is our best way to steal stuff... I am not exactly built to go anywhere uninvited. We need someone that I can approach or better yet, that will refer them to me."


« Last Edit: <09-30-15/0451:54> by gilga »