NEWS

[IC]6-02 Amber Waves of Grain

  • 193 Replies
  • 19833 Views

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #180 on: <07-18-16/1507:23> »
The helicopter springs to life.  It's moving, and if you are just dodging for cover it will convince you that the military is out for blood.  Assensing you see that the threat is gone for now.  But, more earth elementals could easily be on their way if you are not quick.

You check both guards, and find them dead.  They're still warm, but they are not going to be for long.

Heading to the dome itself, you see that it opens up to a several levels with tubes and pipes running everywhere.  There are control consoles scattered everywhere.  You see lots of hook ups that could fit your cargo, but your not sure.

You also see several places where you could easily plant your evidence.  Some near the tank, some out of the way, and some absolutely absurd.  Do you just want to grab a pipe and hope? (roll edge + intuition) or do you want to think this through (roll me some knowledge check).
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1832
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #181 on: <07-18-16/1601:52> »
Alf glances at the mess of piping, tubes, supports, and controls and can't help trying to make sense of what goes where, but is hampered by staying at the entrance way where he can maintain line of site on his illusion.  Over the team channel he says "I don't much like the idea of hoping for the best, it doesn't usually work out well in my experience, but if any of you are thinking you might get inspired I can improve your chances by boosting your intuition.  Given time I might figure out a spot, I know a tiny bit about machinery, but call that a last resort option."

Figuring that his focus is going to be needed elsewhere soon, he starts bringing his illusion down to ground, ninety degrees away from the road they came in on.  Hopefully someone might think that is their escape plan and could send forces to cut off retreat in that direction, leaving their path clearer.  Once he gets it low enough he has the helicopter turn out its lights and stop shooting, then after a few more seconds in the dark he lets the illusion go.
« Last Edit: <07-18-16/1605:13> by Beta »
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #182 on: <07-20-16/1436:04> »
After a few moments of following pipelines, she thinks she has a good enough grasp of the workings and sets about getting the connections ready. With the help of the team, she can get the container inside and ready.

This one here, she points out the intake, let's get it hooked up quickly.


Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1832
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #183 on: <07-20-16/1451:01> »

This one here, she points out the intake, let's get it hooked up quickly.

Alf had ‘landed’ the helicopter while others puzzled out the piping.  By the time the good word comes out that a spot has been selected the short magician had already scrambled through the back of the van to pull out his toolbox.  “I’ve got carpenter’s tools, not an industrial set, but still I’ve got screwdrivers, cutting tools, a hammer … and maybe more importantly a glue sprayer.  Even if we can’t make it pretty we can probably wrap the joint with plastic and glue it all in place, should make it hard to take apart too.  I've got some plastic restraints we could strap down to hold things together, too.”
« Last Edit: <07-20-16/1704:29> by Beta »
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #184 on: <07-21-16/1326:44> »
You cobble together a hook up.  It doesn't look pretty, but it does work.  Soon the poison is running into the system and out in to the field.  It's quite except for the people screaming and running off into the distance.  Peaceful even!

what the next move?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Herr Brackhaus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3041
« Reply #185 on: <07-22-16/0642:28> »
Marcus watched as the others hooked up the tank to the facility tubes, and when they were finished he pulled out the contained he'd received from Dr. Tate. With gloves on he carefully extracted the contents and placed them near the makeshift connection, then nodded at the others.

"We good here? Time to make ourselves scarse if it is."

Tapping the microtransceiver on his neck, he reached out to Skate. "Coming your way. Cover the others as they leave, and we'll hightail it after them." He effortlessly dropped into a dead run, long legs covering ground at a breakneck pace, assault rifle gripped tightly with both hands.

"Heh, I bet I can outrun that van, at least off the line" he thought to himself, smiling as he ran.

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1832
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #186 on: <07-22-16/1324:58> »
Once the others ha e the connections in hand, Alf hurries back to the van grabs a seat, then goes astray.  Assuming that the astraal is clear of threats, he scrubs his spell signatures, then calls up a new spirit.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #187 on: <07-25-16/2314:22> »
You scrub the astral, dump your fake evidence, and head out.   People are screaming in the distance, some are cooling in the dirt, and some are quietly walking to their van.  what happens next
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Herr Brackhaus

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3041
« Reply #188 on: <07-26-16/0010:20> »
Arriving at the ATV, Marcus was pleased to note that he had barely broken a sweat despite running flat out for the better part of half a mile. The biomonitor informed him that his vitals were normal, and that his heart rate was only slightly elevated.

Barely even slowing down, he jumped into the drivers seat of the vehicle and immediately fired it up, engine roaring loudly to life.

"Hang on!" he yelled to Skate as he pulled a 180 and floored the accelerator, the deeply threaded tires kicking up dust and rocks as the vehicle gained momentum.

Marcus aimed straight for the riggers van in order to catch up, bouncing across uneven terrain as he took the shortest, most direct path. The off road suspension easily handled the conditions, and within minutes they were alongside the van.

"Let's get paid, folks" he sent across the comms as he paced the van back towards Chicago.

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #189 on: <07-28-16/2235:16> »
You all pile into the van and drive off.  You make it back to the starting Wafflehouse.  Sitting at his table switching between sports, soft core porn, and the news, is the greasy man waiting for results.  He looks up at you and says How'd it go?
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

CraterShip

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
« Reply #190 on: <07-29-16/2055:26> »
Job's done boss, Kereina says flatly as she slides into the booth across from the Johnson. Whatever they were growing before, it's not gonna make it now. She then sits back and let's the others find their seats.

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #191 on: <08-01-16/2232:05> »
The greasy man looks at the rest and says, Anyone got anything else to say?  He then waits for the rest of you to speak...
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1832
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #192 on: <08-02-16/2247:07> »
"Look, we did it, the plants are dead or dying -- any chance you can tell us more about who runs that place or why it had to be hit?  I guess I'm hoping there was a good reason of some sort for blasting into that place, doing that to those people.  Maybe I just shut up and take my money, but ... if you've got any info that will help me sleep better tonight, I'll take it."
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

biotech66

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 382
    • Throat Punch Games
« Reply #193 on: <08-13-16/0054:21> »
The man looks at you and says Just take the money.  Don't worry about it.  I don't worry about it.  I get a job, then you get a job, and we all get paid.  Let's just leave it at that.  And with that he slides you a cred stick across the table.

A few weeks later you see that UCAS Famers stock takes a massive hit due to a failure of a new crop.  In an unrelated story, Aries is conducting a multi-nation manhunt for a Simon Andrews.

The End.
Speech|Thought|Matrix|Astral