NEWS

Into the Chaos - Meet the Knights [IC]

• 348 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #300 on: <09-10-15/0206:05> »
"You know," Serge says, "From what your friend said, this organization is as much Knight Errant's enemy as yours, so you might be able to negotiate with them for a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' scenario with them."

[spoiler]
Charisma + Negotiation
8d6.hits(5)=3
[/spoiler]
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #301 on: <09-10-15/0304:39> »
@Serge Once you mentioned the KE they stopped listening.  Derek tells you "The only reason that we leave 20 12 here is because of Amy, that server suffers no damage when taken offline, just Mango. We want no dealing with these murderous scums!  Something really bad is going on with the KE and you better watch your own back if you are serious about working for them."

[spoiler]
I am sorry, what you suggest makes no sense for them.  Drones are expensive (check with the core rule books.) and they have some serious problems of their own right now.
[/spoiler]

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #302 on: <09-10-15/0445:48> »
Maxwell is struggling to stay conscious due to pain and blood loss.  He receives the text and can only send out a short reply.

@Flatline - <<Door's unlocked, no funny business.>>
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #303 on: <09-10-15/1057:45> »
"Do what you will," Serge says, "But just remember the old adage 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Either way, I wish you luck."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #304 on: <09-10-15/1108:43> »
@Serge - it takes no more than 20 minutes and they are gone, wishing you goodnight in the rest of the night and provide you with marks on the main entrance, windows and security cameras. Other than the busted lock on the door you shot and the open(broken) window you are somehow protected.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #305 on: <09-10-15/1552:21> »
>> No worries, everyone tells me I have a terrible bedside manner.[/color

Being invisible and taking as much care as he could, Flatline reaches Maxwell quickly, though it takes a moment to figure out who was the dead and who was the dying, but dropping his spell confirmed his choice as correct based on the movement.

"Okay, we are going to do a little check out now.  Based on the lodge I am guessing you are magically active and you want me to take that into account with regards to your care, correct?"

The slight young man begin to pull various items from his bag and begins an examination.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #306 on: <09-10-15/1554:34> »
@Flatline it is a very simple injury he was wounded by a katana. You can guess it has something to do with the frozen Ninja like person holding a katana  in the room. Clearly - obvious magic perhaps a water spirit.

« Last Edit: <09-10-15/1615:37> by gilga »

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #307 on: <09-10-15/1608:47> »
Maxwell starts coughing up a few handfuls of blood.  Slothfully he answers the medic: "Yeah I am, and don't fuck this up.  A friend of mine might be in danger as well.  So I need to get going ASAP."

[spoiler]I have Quick Healer so add +2 to all healing tests on me.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-10-15/1638:57> by Mulcarn »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #308 on: <09-10-15/1712:39> »
Okay, just so it is said a 9P katana strike is not 'simple'  :o ::)

First Aid 4 + Autodoc 6 + Logic 5 + QH 2 - Awakened patient (15d6.hits(5)=8)

Based on conditions, that should still max out and fix 4 wound boxes.

Force 6 Heal Spell w/drain

Sorcery 6 + Magic 6 + Mentor 2 + Focus 2 + QH 2/////Logic 5 + Willpower 5 (18d6.hits(5)=4, 10d6.hits(5)=2) - any Essence loss

It takes awhile, but we should get it down to one box.

"Okay, I have done all I can, you need to rest though and some follow-up care wouldn't hurt, but we both know that won't happen so just try not to get gutted anymore."

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #309 on: <09-10-15/1750:20> »
With skilled hands that soothe and salve, Maxwell's bloody cut mends a little.  To Maxwell's surprise the young medic was also a skilled magical healer.  With restorative arts the white mage healed another portion of Maxwell's wound.  Now his chest was no longer aching and bleeding.  Maxwell stood up and stretched a little to test if he could move without intense flares of pain.  Once Maxwell was satisfied he turned to the young white mage and thanked him.

@Flatline - "You did a good job and you got here on very short notice.  I hate to blow you off after the fine work you just did but i'm in a bit of a rush.  Like I said before a friend of mine might be in danger so I got give him a call and work this shit out."

After Maxwell was done talking to Flatline, he had to act fast.  Furiously Maxwell sent a message to Serge.

@Serge - <<I got attacked by a ninja assassin.  I won but suffered heavy damage and had to call a IT for help.  She sent a medic and i'm alright now.  I don't know if it has something to due with a bounty on my head or that weird shit at the school or something else.  I'm going to ere on the side of caution and try to resolve this drek tonight if possible.  I'm going to call a fixer of mine and see if he knows where I can get some deep-weed tonight.  I'm going to send you some elemental support so you and Mango can survive the night.>>

Once Maxwell had finished typing up the message he wasted no time and called out to his spirits: "Inferno, Hoarfrost, I want you both to go to the school where Serge is and to kill all who try to harm him and Mango."

After that Maxwell began to text his old fixer he has known since his time in the Barrens.

@Prop Joe - <<Joe I know this is a weird as fuck time but I need some deep-weed and I need it now!  I don't care if I have to rob or kill someone for it but I need some in my hand right now!  I'll pay you 1000 Nuyen if I can get some tonight.>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <09-10-15/1811:08> »
The Mulatto-skinned medic seems a bit non-plussed at the brush-off.

"Well, I am not going to let you go off and undo all the work I just did, besides, somebody needs to pay for the services rendered.  I am assuming you are on some job for Ivory Tower, so I will probably hang around for a bit."

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #311 on: <09-10-15/1822:01> »
Maxwell was in the middle of throwing on his armored jacket when he heard the man speak.  He honestly wasn't expecting a response like that or a bill for that matter.  Annoyed Maxwell responds: "Listen pal i'm in a world of weird shit right now.  The ninja in your house while you sleep kind of weird.  I don't mind paying you for the work you did but can it wait until later.  Clock's ticking and the moment I get a reply from a fixer friend, i'm out the door."

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #312 on: <09-10-15/2304:31> »
Serge sends a quick reply <<The spirits would be useful until you can get the medication here. The gangers have split due to an attempt at abducting the girl you were talking to. See if anyone you know has heard of The Blue Vixen, if you would. That's the girl you were talking to.>>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #313 on: <09-11-15/0131:16> »
@Maxwell - Prop Joe answer - >> Do not ask WHY I know it, but there is a crate of deepweed somewhere in the cargo hall of the port. It is waiting to go through customs but it cannot due to being illegal. There will be a group of smugglers trying to extract it tonight. You can easily find the crate from the astral as deep weed is dual nature awakened kelp or something along that line.

I am attaching location information.

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #314 on: <09-11-15/0424:58> »
"I'm going to be broke as a joke after tonight."  Going over the texts that Joe and Serge sent, Maxwell knew that he has only one chance to fix this mess before it all comes crashing down.  "No point responding back to them right now, i'll pay Joe and stinky over there in the morning."  Maxwell zips up his jacket and rushes out the door to the dock location.  Leaving Flatline alone in his room with a frozen ninja nearby.  Maxwell winces as his newly mended flesh begins to sting a little due to the extra stress put on it.  With a mad haste Maxwell speeds from his apartment to the coordinates Joe sent.

Sometime Later...

Ten minutes later, or one hour, or two.  Who fucking knows, Maxwell's sense have time has gone to hell since all this drek has happened.  He just wanted to call it a night and wake up to finish the job tomorrow, not play the "your'e running out of time game."  Wasn't too much longer before Maxwell arrived to what appeared to be the spot.  Maxwell didn't want anymore confrontation tonight, and for that he would have to cloak himself and sneak by and grab the shit and run back to the school.  But before he could do any of that he would need to know where to look and who to look out for.  Maxwell started scanning the area, in both the physical and astral.

[spoiler]Perception: 11d6t5 5
Astral Perception: 6d6t5 2[/spoiler]

Register