NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #270 on: <09-04-15/1427:00> »
Minnie listened attentively to Athos.  She appreciated his gentle tone.  He must know just how agitated this had her at the moment.  Not only was her tail showing it, but her eyes were enough evidence of the tears she'd shed before coming to her troll friend.

"I...I know," she admitted without enthusiasm.  "I'd figured the same thing.  But...I can't be sure.  Athos, I know you think Brono wouldn't hurt her.  But put yourself in my shoes for just a moment.  He was never a gentle client.  The things he and his two buddies did..."  She shook herself before she started reliving the painful memories.  She took a deep breath and continued.  "That was a long time ago, though, and I had noticed the same things you had.  I won't respond.  If I had wanted to, I would have already and I haven't .  But whoever these bastards are know we survived.  They know my buttons.  And that Nagisa is scared and isolated isn't a lie.  I want to take these assholes down hard.  Just tell me what I need to do and I'll do it."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #271 on: <09-04-15/1512:46> »
When you finish your conversation Strawberry knocks and upon your approval enters Athos' room. She seem to be happy to see Minnie in there as well. You are surprised that she is now wearing normal clothes that are suitable for working in the kitchen or even outside. Somehow, even when wearing plain clothes she seem very elegant and the grace she carry herself leaves an impression.

She smiles at you and appears very happy to see you. She is setting up a large table that is dwarfed by the dimensions of Athos, but it is big enough to qualify as a small troll sized table. The breakfast she offers you is rich and you are surprised to see fresh home baked bread and natural fruits and vegetables on the table.  You can tell by her energy levels that she is already active for many hours  and by the ease that she carried that large table that somehow her delicate body is less fragile than it appears. Athos is happy that Strawberry seems to be aware of how much food trolls actually need -  some places with their miniature dishes can be very frustrating for him. It takes her a few rounds but eventually you are facing a neatly set table of a very generous breakfast.  Strawberry bows lightly when she is done. She seem to pause for a little bit, to see if you want her to stay.
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/0740:25> by gilga »

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #272 on: <09-04-15/1629:47> »
>>@ Artie (Bekki) Hey Artie... I know it is soon and the hour is late... but do you want to go out tonight?"

Artie checked her commlink and frowned.  Don't people know about the three day rule? she thought to herself.  She was just about to send a response when Athos let her off the hook.

>>@ Athos (Artie) Alright, I'm going to go be a normal girl for the rest of the evening then.  Give me a buzz if you need anything else, I'll make sure I can get away.

She then punched out a reply for Bekki.

@ Bekki (Artie) Hey, you.  Sad to say I'm on a short leash tonight, some chummers of mine are having some issues and I may need to help them sort it.  BUT!  I really would rather hang out with someone new and fun than sit at my doss waiting for bad news.  So let's meet up, yeah?  Just keep in mind that I may have to ditch early if I get a call.  If the spirits smile on us, that won't be tonight at all.  We can try to get into Dante's.  If not, there's plenty to do in that part of town.

She sends off the address as well and then goes her shit together and heads off.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <09-04-15/1636:00> »
@Artie Bekki text you >>  Dante's it is can't wait to see you! I asked for it inviting you last minute. Ditch if you must... but I hope we will have fun.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #274 on: <09-04-15/1816:55> »
Minnie was as happy to see Strawberry as the graceful elf was to see her.  It took some effort not to leap into the woman's arms for a hug, but she managed.  Although food was the furthest thing from her mind right now, Athos had a lot to deal with and she knew full well the calories the giant needed to keep on top of his game.  She waited patiently for Strawberry to finish and watched for some sign that maybe she'd like to stay and join them for a while.

"Um," she stammered, feeling self conscious despite the time the two of them had spent swaying in each other's arms the previous night, "would you like to join us for a little while?"  She tried not to come across as pleading, but she could only imagine what she looked like with her hair disheveled around her ears and her eyes bloodshot from minimal sleep and maximum tears.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #275 on: <09-04-15/2104:04> »
Strawberry nodes,  and takes a seat next to you. You can tell that she seat just a tad bit closer to you than she'd normally would, still within polite distance. She looks at you for a short while, with an empathetic look, and then back at Athos. If you want she pours all three of you a glass of herbal tea. Seeing Minnie's emotional state, Strawberry grabs her hand. It is a firm gram. She still doesn't say anything, but somehow the pressure of her delicate palm is comforting.

« Last Edit: <09-04-15/2118:34> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #276 on: <09-04-15/2148:17> »
Somehow Minnie has little doubt that the elf knows that they'd had a female decker in the group protected by an ork, both of whom stayed in the car and sped off when things went pear shaped.  Without a word Minnie uses the holo function of her glasses to display a screen before Strawberry's face so that she could comfortably read the message she'd received during the night.  Minnie's grasp tightens as the older woman refocuses on the page.  When the redhead's emerald eyes stop reading and look back at Minnie, the mouse girl adds, "Nagisa was my first friend in the world.  The only one who stuck with me through all the years of whoring.  I'm sure she was forced to write that since it presses all my buttons too perfectly, but that doesn't make me like not being able to rescue her right now."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #277 on: <09-05-15/0012:00> »
@Minnie Strawberry reads the paper, she seems more and more upset as she read it, but her only tell sign is the grip of the your hand. You can tell that she is not entirely there when you explain because her reaction is completely emotional. She embrace you, and her hand stroke your back. "Poor thing" she whispers and you can feel how these two words are the most comforting thing. It feels like her words envelop you and protect you. Strawberry stays silent and strokes your back. After a moment that lasts forever, she softly whispers  "I can give her the comfort she desires... if you can trust her."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #278 on: <09-05-15/0023:48> »
@Athos Mr. Ando meets you in the matrix, he remains silent as you describe your needs. "They all appear to be reasonable, you should have anything that you ask of me very soon. I will however require a favor of some sort for my services... It will not conflict with Finnigan interests, unless it comes to a war - are you interested?"

[spoiler]
Mr. Ando can get you anything of avialability up to 8 in a several hours.
Availability up to 12 in about 24 hours. If you want somthing over avilability 12, he can go up to 16 but it will take:
 48-72 hours depends on the item. He will not provide you things with more than avilability 16 at this point of your relationship.

[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #279 on: <09-05-15/0141:53> »
@Artie when you arrive, you can see that Bekki was already waiting for you. She is dressed with a black biker jacket. It has a phoenix on the back.Wise choices of advanced fabrics gives the illusion that the phoenix is constantly burning. The rest of her clothes are tight leather probobly used for biking in this cold weather. Offcourse, unless she is rich - the leather must be synthetic -but it is a good fake. Her long curly brown hair is a bit of a mess, due to the helmet, but she does not seem to care much.

When bekki sees you she hugs you warmly and kisses you on both cheeks. Due to your experience you can sense a small weapon, probobly a light pistol hidden in her jacket.  "I am so glad you came... so this Dante's place - whats its story?" she asks.

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #280 on: <09-05-15/0151:27> »
Comfort, the reassurance of another's touch, is exactly what she had been needing.

"Poor thing..."  The whisper caresses her soul.

She'd cried herself out already so despite the emotions of the embrace, there are no more tears.  She does tremble in the elf woman's arms, though, and wraps her own arms around the other girl for support if nothing else.  The experience is only a few moments, but those seconds renew her very wounded spirit.

"I can give her the comfort she desires...if you can trust her," Strawberry practically sub-vocalizes into Minnie's inhuman and perceptive ears.

Minnie's breath catches at the offer, unsure what it means.  She has a suspicion, though.  She knows from experience that, while she couldn't leave her own body in magic space, others could.  She also knows that out-of-body travel made a person even more vulnerable than she herself was in that strange parallel world.

"I do trust her," Minnie responds quietly.  For the rest, she slips into astral speak since it was hard to share such things with a man nearby, even a gentleman like Athos.  "I...I just don't ever want her to go through the pain I had to go through.  Nagi...she's so full of life.  She's so smart and yet so naive about the world.  I...I'm not just afraid she'll be hurt in body but also that she'll end up changed by all this.  The idea of us both carrying such demons scares me.  I don't know if I could handle supporting her through what she's supported me through.  It's too close to home."

She knows she's rambling.  She knows she's being incredibly vulnerable with someone she barely know and had just met.  Something about Strawberry reminds her of her mother, though.  Her mother before things totally fell apart.  Before the twins were born.  It's strange considering she also desires Strawberry like a lover, but at this exact moment she feels like a child overwhelmed by fear at something she has to face but which seems too much to bear.

But she isn't a child anymore.  She's a big mouse with responsibilities.  So many people depend on her.  Nagisa, yes.  But also Athos.  Perhaps Dame Valentina.  Maybe even Strawberry herself.  These bastards had shown themselves able to overwhelm Strawberry's defenses enough to set a well-designed array of explosives in the warehouse.  What was to stop them from bringing in just one big bomb to blow apart this very building?  As powerful as Strawberry seemed, Minnie knew full well that she was meat just like anyone else.  She could be killed, and these people she was facing were not afraid of a body count.

It's hard, but she brings herself to separate from Strawberry's embrace.  Her own brown eyes meet Strawberry's green ones.  "I'll be grateful for what you can do, Strawberry," she says, "but don't take any risks for it.  They already have Nagisa.  We can't...I can't afford for them to have you, too."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #281 on: <09-05-15/0226:34> »
@Minnie Strawberry sizes Athos that seems to be distracted with mr. Adno. She then whispers “I can make her dream and the dream will comfort and strengthen her. She will know that you are alive but will not understand - how she does.  The risk is, if she reports that dream and its magical nature is investigated, it will have my fingerprints on it.”

She looks into your eyes, feels your pain, and and after a short while she say “I will do that for you.  We’ll just need a small object that she touched last night, a single hair or a small piece of cloth will do “

« Last Edit: <09-05-15/0228:33> by gilga »

Shaman_Yuri

• Omae
« Reply #282 on: <09-05-15/0318:11> »
At first Minnie is unsure what she could provide that would be suitable for what Strawberry described.  Then it hit her.  Nagisa and I snuggled all the way to the job.  With her right hand, Minnie removes the white glove on her left.  "Will this do?" she asks as she holds the article up for Strawberry's inspection.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #283 on: <09-05-15/0326:06> »
"I am so glad you came... so this Dante's place - whats its story?"

"Dante's Inferno, you haven't heard of it?" Artie was incredulous.  Surely the place was legendary, worldwide!  "I thought they had a London location or something."

She led the girl to and then bypassed a long line.  Artie had only accessed the fifth of Dante's "Nine Circles of Sin", she figured she could probably squeak Bekki into the second.  You needed the cred, the prestige, or someone with fantastic connections to dig deeper into the club.  The first circle, 'Lust' was the general admission, as long as they had room and you were at least presentable, you could get in.  Of course, no one who ever got in was content to stay on that level, and they all 'lusted' after more.  Getting to the second circle required knowing someone who had deeper access.

Not many new patrons could boast they'd made it to the second circle on their first visit, so that was something Artie could give her.  Inside, the music was pulsing E-Trance and the dance floor was throbbing.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #284 on: <09-05-15/0643:59> »
@Artie Bekki seems to be enjoying herselves and you to dance close to each other. Some more time through the night. You take some time to rest your legs and seat by the Bar. Bekki orders a drink you get a note. You think to yourself  "probobly a naughty suggestion from some guy" but when you look at the note it say want to make some money tonight? I have a little package for you ask the barman for the house special. you look around to pin the origin of the note and a black guy nods at you he is sitting not far from you gals. You feel that he was there for quite a while.
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/1352:41> by gilga »