NEWS

Multidimensional Coprocessor Module

• 15 Replies

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« on: <07-13-15/1223:00> »
In Data Trails the multidimensional coprocesser give +1d6 matrix initiative. Is this for all matrix initiatives including AR or should it only be for VR initiative?

If it includes AR then surely this becomes a must have module for deckers as nowhere does it state that it is incompatible with other initiative boosters of any type.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <07-13-15/1512:47> »
I think the common sense rule applies here. VR only my friend
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-13-15/1522:00> »
Cold- and hot-sim VR always use Matrix Initiative.
Multidimensional coprocessor increase Matrix Initiative.

AR always use Physical Initiative.
Multidimensional coprocessor does not increase Physical Initiative.
« Last Edit: <07-13-15/1524:32> by Xenon »

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: <07-13-15/1642:17> »
I didn't think that it should, and I personally wouldn't play it that way, but worth asking the question as the RAW states Matrix Initiative and in the Basic Rule Book on the Final Calculations Table (P101) there are 3 separate Matrix Initiatives for Matrix AR, Matrix VR Cold SIM and Matrix VR Hot SIM
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-13-15/2225:58> »
Course it works if you jump into a drone/vehicle using a RCC maybe?

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-13-15/2322:28> »
@Xenon already pointed out that when you are in AR you don't use your Matrix initiative, you use your Physical initiative.  You only use Matrix initiative in Cold-SIM and Hot-SIM.  So you would not get the bonus in AR.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-14-15/0333:52> »
thats your interpretation

DT p. 65 MULTIDIMENSIONAL COPROCESSOR
This tongue-twister of a module speeds up Matrix signals and commands, granting the deck’s operator an additional +1D6 to Matrix Initiative (remember that you can never roll more than 5D6 worth of initiative dice).

SR5 p. 100 Final Calculations
Matrix Initiative is determined by whether a character is in cold-sim or hot-sim.

SR5 p. 229 Augmented Reality
When in AR, you use your normal Initiative and Initiative Dice.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-14-15/0338:09> »
You are always in VR (and always use your matrix initiative) when jumped in (no matter if you first base your persona on your RCC, commlink, cyberdeck or directly on a vehicle).

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-14-15/0528:56> »
You are always in VR (and always use your matrix initiative) when jumped in (no matter if you first base your persona on your RCC, commlink, cyberdeck or directly on a vehicle).
ya but whats the ruling on the RCC accepting modules? drek this edition is so dreked up

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-14-15/0746:42> »
ya but whats the ruling on the RCC accepting modules?
Pretty sure you can hardwire in a cyberdeck module onto the board of any electronic device, including, but not limited to, a RCC...

What might have been under debate was if another device but a commlink (like a cyberdeck or RCC) would benefit from a commlink dongle.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <07-19-15/2312:59> »
ya but whats the ruling on the RCC accepting modules? drek this edition is so dreked up

No official errata but it's been stated that the Intent was to not allow RCC to use Dongles. Now every part of the logic used for why they aren't supposed to use Dongles is flawed & incorrect (outright illegal to do under the Rules really) in the example provided about their reasoning.

Add Matrix Attribute &Increase Matrix Attribute are viable ways to add Sleaze. Running Smoke &Mirrors with some good Noise Reduction (shiny ear antennas & daatajacks) will allow you to hide your drones quite well regardless.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <07-19-15/2345:28> »
well it doesnt make sense if you run silent using a RCC all you are using is your logic and you are pretty much defenseless against deckers

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-20-15/0232:15> »
well it doesnt make sense if you run silent using a RCC all you are using is your logic and you are pretty much defenseless against deckers
Rooks,
Riggers being pretty much defenseless against hackers make perfect sense.

SR5 p. 266 Riggers and Deckers
As you’ve probably already guessed from all this talk about Matrix damage, the hacker is the rigger’s natural enemy.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #13 on: <07-20-15/0344:15> »
you can still mod an RCC to give it a matrix attribute; stealth then add a couple of cyberporograms to help with running silent
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <07-20-15/0831:46> »
Rooks,
Riggers being pretty much defenseless against hackers make perfect sense.

SR5 p. 266 Riggers and Deckers
As you’ve probably already guessed from all this talk about Matrix damage, the hacker is the rigger’s natural enemy.

I take issue with that word "Natural." There's a word that describes things that do not have a defense against their "natural" predators.... EXTINCT! So again... every way that this has ever been defended on this forum has failed to not be fallacious. Give me GM Fiat Rules and claim it's for Balance... don't give inaccurate & illogical reasoning. The first I'll grumble about but accept,  the second I reject wholeheartedly. I say this never having played a Rigger & probably never will but I still don't like it. It's a needless nerf to character that only needs to be nerfed less than a Technomancer in the system.