NEWS

Pain and Gain [OOC]

• 616 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #330 on: <01-23-16/1059:29> »
nope, the armor was offline. That's why bnc was never able to hack it. Instead she had to hack the drones and attack the servos.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <01-28-16/0838:39> »
So what is the team's plan for dealing with our paralyzed (not unconscious, we should probably restrain him) imposter and the dead body?

Sabuto, I'm guessing you're thinking that we load them up in the van and then drive to somewhere secluded to take care of the body and for Krestov to interview the paralyzed one? It wont' split up the team, which may need to be a priority right now. Do we want to get rid of the boat, or should we just leave that to Wilcox as a gift? What do you want to do with the second one after he's been interview? How do you think we should get the blood stains out of our new Rover?

I was thinking that Krestov and Torrent put the two killers in the boat, and flout out into the sound and conduct the interview there. Tie a cinderblock to the first one and dump him. After the interview is done, kill him and sink him into sound the same as the first one. Then you guys drive the boat to a meetup with bnc in the van in a place where we can torch the boat.

I don't know if Volker or Sgt. have any firm ideas or opinions on this one.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #332 on: <01-29-16/0221:59> »
Actually my  professional code  prevents me from killing the paralyzed one.

And I believe you're right , the team shouldn't split.
I think we should go with the van-safehouse plan.Lone Star will be here any moment and they will be looking for that boat.
As for the dead body, I trust Wilcox to handle this.After all, we saved his life.
« Last Edit: <01-29-16/0237:38> by Sabato Kuroi »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #333 on: <01-29-16/0427:46> »
In that case I'd suggest you just put the body in the boat, start the engine and have it drive off into the distance. The less anyone has to content with a body that has been perforated by illegal APDS ammunition, the better (also I don't have to think to hard about the consequences this action entailed. So do it for your poor GM and his workload  8) )
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #334 on: <01-29-16/0826:54> »
I might be missing something, but don't we need the boat to get off the island? I won't opt for waiting till the next ferry comes.

I suggest, we
 - take the boat and get back to the mainland
 - look for a safeplace to interview the goon.
 - bnc mixes some explosives to bring down the boat when needed (10 dice pool with explosvies, 12 with chemistry). She remotely drives away the boat in an unsuspicious movement (that is, not straight forward) and as soon as it is out there in the ocean, she can either blow it up or ... well, keep it. It's worth a freaking amount of nuyen.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #335 on: <01-29-16/0837:56> »
You came with your cars and bikes, I don't think you want to leave those on the island, do you?

The next ferry will take you over in about 20 minutes.

If there is no body, Wilcox can just say he shot at some rats behind his house and there won't be any problems.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #336 on: <01-29-16/0846:47> »
I was going to have Slobbertooth do it himself, and then I remembered he can't drive boats because I am full of terrible ideas.

Would bnc be willing to get a helping hand?
« Last Edit: <01-29-16/0950:32> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #337 on: <01-30-16/0233:49> »
What? No way, we can't wait 20 minutes. By then, Lonestar will be here. There is blood, and quite an amount of it. There are a decker, a troll, an elf and an ork, all with loads of 'ware and other illegal stuff, there are neighbors who might describe what had happened, there are security drones which might have recorded the incident and so on and on and on. I say, we take that boat and get the hell out of here like ASAP.

@Squirrel Sorry, on occasions I realize I'm non-native. Or do you mean "give a helping hand"? In this case, I'm just an idiot ^^
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #338 on: <01-30-16/1116:38> »
sorry for not being very responsive.  Rough week at work.  Going to class now, but will get an IC up as soon as I can.

Agreed on taking the boat out along with evidence.  We can have our vehicles take the ferry by remote and just keep an eye on them.  It is common enough in the Sixth World that it shouldn't draw attention.

We can deal with interrogation once we are away from scene.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #339 on: <01-30-16/1342:32> »
What? No way, we can't wait 20 minutes. By then, Lonestar will be here. There is blood, and quite an amount of it. There are a decker, a troll, an elf and an ork, all with loads of 'ware and other illegal stuff, there are neighbors who might describe what had happened, there are security drones which might have recorded the incident and so on and on and on. I say, we take that boat and get the hell out of here like ASAP.

@Squirrel Sorry, on occasions I realize I'm non-native. Or do you mean "give a helping hand"? In this case, I'm just an idiot ^^
Yes, I meant give.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #340 on: <02-01-16/0401:04> »
I like Sgt's idea:

Take the boat and have bnc remotely drive our van to the ferry.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #341 on: <02-01-16/0435:26> »
I agree. Corpses and team take the boat bow. Vehicles take the ferry whenever it arrives.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #342 on: <02-05-16/1027:25> »
So, here's the hopefully final list of gear from Pain and Gain:

Stuff we keep:

Ruhrmetal SF-20 HMG - 19,600¥ + Accessories (all in all 22,000¥) (for the drones)
2 Experimental Laser Weapons (Ares Lancer MP Laster Rating 3) - 50,000¥ (who knows)
Cavalier Arms Crocket EBR (for the drones)
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Focus (Manipulation) - 24,000¥ (for MacC)
The Hardened Mil-spec Armor from the first run - 25,000 ¥ [edited] (for who knows)
1x modified Glasses (for bnc)

Stuff we fence ourselves:
[spoiler]Etiquette + Charisma : 10 Extended Test (+ Availability as Teamwork Test)
   0-100 nuyen   6 hours
   101-1001   1 day
   1001-10,000   2 days
   10,001-100,000   1 week
   more       1 month

Opposed Negotiation + Charisma: 25 % + 5 % a net hit
[/spoiler]
GMG Bulldog Step Van - 35,000¥
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Focus (Healing) - 24,000¥

Stuff we have Scary fence (20 %):

2 AA-16 Shotgun (2/external smartlink, personalized grip, gas vent III, foregrip, ammo skip)- 3000¥ each
Ares Alpha Assault Rifle w/out Grenade Launcher - 1987¥
11 Ares Alpha clips - 110¥ Total
2 Colt TZ-120 SMGs - 660¥ each
3 FN AAL Gyrojet Pistols - 2000¥ each
Slob's Sony Emperor (Rating 2) - 700¥
Krestov's Renraku Sensei (Rating 3) - 1000¥
1x modified Glasses -3,150¥ each
2 Trodes - 70¥ each
2 Biomontors - 300¥ each
2 "well used" Executive Suites - 2,000¥ each
3 Diving Armors - 1750¥ each
GMG Bulldog Step Van - 35,000¥
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Focus (Healing) - 24,000¥

Sum

That would sum up to a total of 89,257 ¥, rounded to 90,000 ¥. That's 22,500 ¥ each. Is that fine for everybody?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #343 on: <02-08-16/0827:31> »
That's plenty of pocket money. Good work.

In other news. Google Chrome finally doesn't think this website is infected with malware.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #344 on: <02-08-16/1052:18> »
same with Mozilla Firefox. Hooray
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"