NEWS

Pain and Gain [OOC]

• 616 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #240 on: <12-27-15/0411:45> »
So, I took a short look at bnc's character development

Whew ... okay, here are some questions:

@Slobbertooth: How much are our spoils of war. That is, how much money does bnc have free to

spend after Pain and Gain. If I got that right, we didn't get any nuyen as a reward, but the

control rig (hooray) instead. Is that right, too?

@Jack: Could you please give me some details about the armor we got in Deep Black Sea? Can I

Jump in? Do I control it via Pilot Walker?
Which model is our car exactly? I guess we should install one weapon or another. Does it have a rigger interface?
If you find time, could you please double-check the data below?

Deep Black Sea      

reward
14 Karma

Fairlight Excalibur
some stuff that went to the team because bnc had no interest in it

costs

Lifestyle 15500/4 = 3875

Pain and gain

reward
20 Karma
Control rig rating 2 (alpha)
spoils of war - ??

costs

Lifestyle 1625

Further expenses

Free to use: 1 (leftover) + 14 (DBS) + 20 (P&G) = 35
Reaction: 3   15 Karma
Medicine 1   2 Karma
Pilot Walker 2   6 Karma
Specialization (Pilot Ground Craft; Wheeled)   7 Karma
5 Karma left

Money
Free to use (after updating her software after Data Trails): -4300 + 62.500 (DBS) - 3875

(lifestyle DBS) + x (P&G) - 1625 (lifestyle P&G) = 52700 + x (whereas x are the incomes from

P&G)

Fake SIN (rating 5)   12500   (I'd need somebody to crack the Availability please)
I guess I'm gonna get myself some drones, but I'll do this only as soon as I know how much

we got and after I read the rigging rules carefully.
« Last Edit: <12-27-15/0504:56> by Volker »
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #241 on: <12-27-15/0530:40> »
The armor cannot be remote controlled. It's no drone, only a strength assisted power armor with very obvious actuators.
You could put an anthro-drone in it of course...  ;D

Your new car is the standard Rover from the core book. No weapons or other mods in it besides a standard rigger interface.

The data seems to be correct. Although you didn't get paid in money for PaG, you got as a team loot worth 400.000 NY. I'll allow you to pay half your lifestyle costs from that to cover consumables.
Finally, I'm not sure about that lifestyle cost you have there. You all share a medium style, base 5000+500x3+Krestov's troll increase of 50% for 2500
that's a total of 8000 a month. 

This job was about a month after DBS, so you need to pay Lifestyle one time.
Oh and some time in the next two weeks you need to do an Addiction Test to not get further into the habit.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #242 on: <12-27-15/0928:36> »
>>@Volker

The spoils are 400,000 Nuyen that the team may choose how to spend for loot.
 - Krestov's synaptic boosters have already been deducted but I don't remember the cost off the top of my head.
 - bnc's control rig needs to be deducted
 - I believe Torrent is getting some magical gear.
 - Slobbertooth asked for information, so I will be divesting him from that loot pile. We still have the money from everything that needs to be fenced to come in.

>>@Volker, @Jack

Will bnc be installing any weapon mounts onto the new van (we do have a spareRuhrmetal HMG)?

Jack, what are the rules for using weapons mounted to vehicles. Are they gunnery for everyone? Can the rigger access them via their control rig? If he can access and use them through a control rig , can they do so while still driving? What skills/abilities make someone good at using a mounted weapon?

>>@Jack

I thought the party was splitting the cost of living together 4 ways?

>>@Team

I suggest to the team that we consider bumping up our lifestyle a bit to protect our equipment. Last I looked at the Run Faster rules (which was months ago), I think we've blown past the rules for how much expensive an item can be for a middle class household without you experiencing a break in.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #243 on: <12-27-15/1134:30> »
Alpha grade synaptic boosters, second generation go for 228.000. Add a nice control rig II also alpha grade for 116.400. Not to forget the Sleeping Tiger outfit, the Full Body Armor, some magic stuff, we come to round about 400.000 for your team.

So, if I'm not mistaken, we don't get anything from the 400.000 in cash since our equipment is the payment. But we do have some magical stuff, weapons and so on to fence. How much is that worth?

@Jack:
Okay, maybe I'll get an anthrodrone, but it might not be worth is. A pity. I can't install a rigger interface, can I?

I'll roll the addiction tests in my next post. I hope I don't forget. Just busy atm.

@all:
I'll definitely install weapons in the rover. I'll update you on that.
I can use the weapons over my control rig (also while driving IIRC). As long as I'm jumped in, you can't. Otherwise, you too use Gunnery. I'm better in using them remotely, though, paradoxically, because then I run it on logic, not on agility (again, IIRC).

So, do we share the 9000 (6500+2500=9000) among us 4, that is, 2250 each? Or do we split the 5500 base costs (1375) and let Krestov pay his extra 2500 himself? bnc agrees to whatever the deal was before she joined.

@Slob
I'm definitely into that suggestion! Also, a fancy lifestyle suits bnc!
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #244 on: <12-27-15/1147:28> »
Nope, the armor doesn't have the required electronics.
But if you need inspiration in that regard, have a look at this post: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22847.0 ;)

You'll need a heavy weapon mount for the Ruhr-Metal and also most probably a pop-up turret. That's 700 + the turret itself with 2400 (after the latest clarifications that turrets cost 400 per MP)

Be aware that upgrading your lifestyle will be 10.000 Base +3000 for additional roommates + 5000 for the troll increase. 18.000 is quite a heavy sum to get every month while still upgrading your equipment.

But on the other hand, there is of course a very well paying job on the horizon  ;D
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #245 on: <12-27-15/1156:00> »
Wow, thanks a lot! I'll read into this asap.

So, here are some addiction tests:

hot-sim, Whoom, Golden Mirror, Bananadust:
Addiction tests: 4#13d6t5 1 4 4 5
Whew, that's lucky! Hot-som has an addiction threshold of 1, Whoom has 2, Golden Mirror 3, and so does Bananadust.

I don't think I had enough doses of Deepweed that I have to roll for that.
Is there any other drug she's abusing?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #246 on: <12-27-15/1215:11> »
Jack, I hate to bust it to you, but Krestov's lifestyle increase from being a troll does not apply to the team split.  13,000 split four ways, and then his +100% modifier only applies to him.  Otherwise, Noone would like the troll :P

So it comes to 3,250 per person, with Krestov having 6,500.

I will endeavor to have my update equipment and stuff in the next few days.  Most of the equipment Krestov was looking for was covered by the deep black sea cash, so after we figure out the pain & gain leftover loot "pool" we can see what we wanna get?

Also, for I purposes on the side thread, the impending vat job for the boosters may have an jmpact.  Please adjudicate and let me know :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #247 on: <12-27-15/1322:50> »
Wait, trolls pay 100% more? Aww, the poor guys.
How you split your rent is not my concern  ::)
Fact is a troll roommate will have to pay the base price again, not his share. It's the whole flat that has to be troll compatible after all - unless you guys plan to build a house from scratch. Then I'd allow you to only have a quarter of the house be troll sized. 
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #248 on: <12-27-15/1537:44> »
So, if I'm not mistaken, we don't get anything from the 400.000 in cash since our equipment is the payment. But we do have some magical stuff, weapons and so on to fence. How much is that worth?
The full list of things that we need to fence, including the magical items that were grabbed off the mages.

[spoiler=Things to be Sold]
Slob's Ares Alpha w/out grenade launcher - 1987¥
11 Ares Alpha clips - 55¥ Total
2 AA-16 Shotgun (2/external smartlink, personalized grip, gas vent III, foregrip, ammo skip)- 3000¥ each
2 Colt TZ-120 SMGs - 660¥ each
1 Crocket EBR - 10,300¥
2 Experimental Laser Weapons (Ares Lancer MP Laser Rating 3) Detailed here - 50,000¥ each
4 FN AAL Gyrojet Pistols - 2000¥ each

Magic Equipment
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Foci (Healing) - 24,000¥
Force 6 Sustaining Spell Foci (Manipulation) - 24,000¥

Commlinks
Slob's Sony Emperor (Rating 2) - 700¥ : Might as well use the Rating 5 ones that the Triads left us as the new backup.

Electronics
2 modified Glasses -3,150¥ each
2 Trodes - 70¥ each
2 Biomontors - 300¥ each

Clothing
2 "well used" Executive Suites - 2,000¥ each
4 Diving Armor - 1750¥ each

Vehicles
GMC Bulldog Stepvan - 35,000¥

That's only 194,457¥ 229,457¥ worth of goods that need to be moved :P[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Things we are keeping]
Krestov's Ares Alpha w/out grenade launcher +11 spare magazines 1988¥+55¥
Ruhrmetal SF-20 HMG - 22,000¥
Hardened Milspec Armor - 50,000¥
Rating 3 Weapon Foci (Knucks) - 21,000¥
2 Spare Rating 5 Commlinks - 1 to Slob as a backup, and one to bnc as a backup.[/spoiler]

Before we went on this run, Slobbertooth still had 17,093¥ so I'm good on rent for a short while. May need to take some oddjobs here and there.
« Last Edit: <12-27-15/1540:49> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #249 on: <12-27-15/1549:00> »
all right
Since Torrent is our face, will you do the fencing stuff, Sabato?

What do you think, boys? Should we mount the heavy SMG from Deep Black Sea to our new car?
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #250 on: <12-27-15/2307:22> »
Mounting it in some kind of pop up turret would be fantastic. Mobile, concealable 12P AP -4 Full Auto fun times? Who can turn that down.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #251 on: <12-28-15/1137:06> »
Wait, trolls pay 100% more? Aww, the poor guys.
How you split your rent is not my concern  ::)
Fact is a troll roommate will have to pay the base price again, not his share. It's the whole flat that has to be troll compatible after all - unless you guys plan to build a house from scratch. Then I'd allow you to only have a quarter of the house be troll sized.
Fair, I don't have the energy to argue this point.  I had thought we figured all this out before Pain & Gain.  Besides, weren't we paying rent based on Middle Lifestyle?  Or did we upgrade and I just miss it?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #252 on: <12-28-15/1556:07> »
It was only discussed if an upgrade is in order. And I seriously thought that Trolls only had a +50% increase - and I am willing to keep that believe up. Because really, that is rather ridiculous expensive.  :o
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #253 on: <12-28-15/2049:47> »
So looking at our lifestyle needs based on equipment availability, as per Run Faster page 219, if an items availability is greater than 2x a whereabouts security rating, then we are at risk of the item being stolen. I believe, at the moment, the highest avaiability item is the Ruhrmetal HMG (18F!), which I believe would be followed by my Yamaha Raiden (14F). We could spend more money to live in a more luxurious and well secured pad, but apparently there isn't a single level of lifestyle that supports a modified security level above 8. So it looks like we're just going to need to bolt that Ruhrmetal to the ground.

However, it may still be wise to either move into a modified/more secure High lifestyle, which caps out at 6. A medium lifestyle (our current one) caps out at 4 security, and I'm pretty sure every person here owns something that has an availability greater than 8.

I'll do the math on our needs if we moved into a penthouse suite.
Highlifestyle has a base cost of 10,000¥/month. We'd need to increase it's base security rating of 4 to 6

Base stats for a High Lifstyle
Comfort and Necessities 4[6]
Security 4[6]
Neighborhood 5[6] (5 = A zone, 2d6+3 minutes response time)
Points 6

Necessary Modifications:
  • Garage - 2 Points, 100¥
  • Security +2 Points
  • We still have two points to spend, so make some suggestions.

Grid Access (SR5 222): We would need to pick one of the Big 10 corps to provide us with matrix access.
Fashion: We might need to buy some halfway decent suits to fit in.

So total cost per person:
( Base (10,000¥ + 100¥)*Troll 1.5 )/4 People = 3787.5¥ per person per month
or
( Base (10,000¥ + 100¥)*Troll 2 )/4 People = 5,050¥ per person per month
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #254 on: <12-29-15/0252:20> »
I'm in either way. I guess we can afford a more luxurious lifestyle after these runs, and at least bnc wants to life a more luxurious life if she can afford it. After all, she earned it. Her whole life has been very tough. After all the shit, she'd love to spend some well-earned nuyen for her own comfort.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"