NEWS

Timein the land of Shadows

• 5 Replies

Crowwind

• Newb
  • Rhino-1/16th wolf with a little wolverine in there
« on: <05-03-15/1148:12> »
Hadn't played SR since 2nd. Truly didn't realize it had continued until I saw 5th on the game store shelf. Found a few games, have been immersing myself in the game as much as possible (old gamers schedules are hard to match up). A friend that started up with me had an idea for a game and wanted me to co-Gm with him. He does the first and third parts and I run the middle one. Though I'm not a big fan of co-GM'ing (it has been full of problems, which we've been able to solve), it has been fun.
The concept was based off of big D's will and that the jewel of memory gets passed onto Lowfyr. A very secret R&D group within Satyr groups R&D dept. gets commissioned by "L" to research the gem. Shortly after they realize they can create and Nexus in the time stream and even do limited time travel.
We spent quite a few coffee sessions pounding out the details because this could easily get out of hand. So several parameters were developed, and then the reason. Big "D" was hunting artifacts before he died. He had found several and had (after extensive use and research on each) disseminated them out in his will. However, he hadn't collected them all and had left clues as to the other artifacts locations and the artifacts themselves.
It has been a blast and has really helped me get back into SR. I've had to practically memorize SR history and the big "D" 's will.
We've also fleshed out other areas of the world that the team needed to go to that had little information previously written on them. Monte Carlo, New Orleans (which had a second and permanent flood when the African continent shifted) etc.
I look forward to taking in the sites on this forum and reading up on everyone's game activity and ideas. Keep to the shadows.
Trust the man, just don't trust the devil inside him.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <05-04-15/0734:22> »
... uh ... well, okay.  Definitely well beyond Shadowrun.  Hope you had fun.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Crowwind

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-05-15/1820:08> »
Perhaps beyond any printed Shadowrun but most definitely in keeping with the flavor. The best part has been the immersion in the history of the sixth world. That and the excersice of creating Shadowrun materials for places not really mapped out yet, like New Orleans. Scarey place if you do it right. Heck, when 2XS came out the concepts he came up with in the book became main stream.
As a GM, I like to think of the world as your oyster. And yeah, it has been a lot of fun. The SR timeline and Dunkelzahn's will are full of potential and of all the games, SR is a game of thinking outside the box.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-05-15/1837:45> »
Well, by your view, I suppose it's in keeping with the flavor.  But understand that going by straight SR, Lofwyr knows exactly what the Jewel of Memory is and does, and he wouldn't let metahumans within cannon shot range of it; he has no need for Saeder-Krupp (not 'Satyr') to 'research' it, because what it is is what it says on the label - it's a massive jewel that stores memories, specifically draconic ones.  It is, in essence, the definitive history book for dragonkind.

Screwing around with time, whether that's 'creating a Nexus' or even limited time travel, is just setting a match to a fuse of indeterminate length leading to an unknown powder store.  It may blow up in your face; it may do nothing.  Time travel and teleportation are the two core 'impossibilities' of Shadowrun, but try to think about what screwing around with time travel can wind up causing - problems don't just multiply.

But like I said, hope you have fun.  It isn't what I'd play, but I'm sure that if it's interesting to you, you'll enjoy it.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Crowwind

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-08-15/0528:52> »
Indeed it does and, for a purist, I can see how this would ruffle feathers. It also demonstrates the original point of getting back into the game from 20 years out. Into a history and system long forgotten and not kept up on. Sorry if I damaged your SR sensibilities, thank god I'm not writing gaming materials.
I will, so as not to damage others take on the game, make sure I present your post once we've finished this session. It should bring a hoot to the group.
Coincidence being as it is, you mentioned teleportation, I placed a company video in the teams path that showed teleportation experiments going gravely wrong. What a hoot.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-08-15/0537:05> »
... I am pretty sure I'm meant to be offended, but I gotta admit, if my post above 'should bring a hoot to the group', then ... okay, whatever.  You haven't 'damaged (my) SR sensibilities' in any way; you're doing something that you no doubt will have (had) fun with.  Understand, though, that coming in somewhere, saying something like this, and then saying to someone who has told you 'good luck, have fun' is kinda crappy.  You're posting in the Gamemaster's Lounge; we presume you want advice, information, and/or encouragement.  Having received those, you get snotty ...

*shrugs*  Whatever.  Go to.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Register