NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #225 on: <05-20-15/2205:38> »
"Well don't jist lie there, git inna fight."

With those words from Al Seras growled and flew up through over the railing and started to materialize, a deep growl rumbling through the air as the spirit readied herself for battle

"Frag" Daddy stumbles as the ghostly woman grabs his helmet causing him to stumble just as the gunfire opens up

Begon you useless wench daddy curses at the spirit as he stumbles to the side, Looking for any kind of cover to put between the gun and him, gritting his teeth as he feels several rounds catch his jacket

Saint! Dropping spell He sends quickly as what looks like something black begins to ooze from his mouth and sickly light starts to leak from daddy
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #226 on: <05-20-15/2257:10> »
<<To: Garr, Smiley No idea who that is, just keep on trailing the one heading south. Smiley, can you see any signs that there's anybody in the house or that the guard is near?Garr, are you finsihed with the Matrix security in the house? If so, can you trail the car? Also, any word from the other teams on how things their end is going? >>

Sarah was starting to get worried. Had the other extraction teams already gotten the kids? If so, this could easily turn upside down on them, and fast. She toyed with the data tap she had gotten from Garr before putting it in her pocket for now.She hoped for the best as the seconds seemed to slow down to eterneties as she sent the message.

[spoiler]Post Count: 18[spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-20-15/2337:31> by saithor »
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #227 on: <05-21-15/0234:16> »
<<Drake or Drek? You shouldn't insult a Lady, you know.>>
The Frenchman subtly walked toward where Rachel was, and joined the conversation.

<<Take it slow, buddy. You just stole me a dance with the Lady>>
He trusted Solo would do what he had to do though. Standing back was also a good way to analyze the situation. He looked at the Woman Solo called a Drake. He felt he should but he had no idea what a Drake actually was, maybe some magic terminology. Or his knowledge was buried like most other subjects. He didn't care much wether their eyes would cross however. If so, The Frenchman sent her his most charming smile.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #228 on: <05-21-15/0257:00> »
"Shit."
Isaint received the message just in time to throw himself into the relative cover of the stair railing. He had no idea where the opposition was or how many there where. With trained precision he brought the rifle up and looked around for the rival team.
Having the invisibility dropped now was in his opinion a mistake. But daddy needed his concentration probably elsewhere...

[spoiler]27[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <05-21-15/0302:03> »
<<Some supreme magical entity... probobly a lot more powerful than you and I... If she does not look at me she does not see me as awakened and it is for the best considering that she might have the same job as us>>  Solo thinks to himself... I did good, I bet Frenchman has senses a lot sharper than my own... my normal range of senses is nothing compared to that of the augmented, and as Frenchman did not indicate about himself that he is a decker or a mage... it does not take a background check to determine that he was indeed augmented. If someone can keep them alive with so many distractions it is him.

« Last Edit: <05-21-15/0346:37> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #230 on: <05-21-15/1234:37> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, ~23:30, Various Locations, Oxford]

@Main Team [Al, Snow Crash, Isaint, Daddy, Duke, Jackhammer]:

It’s not surprising given the foreknowledge available to the runners but it is nevertheless shocking when the opposing runners open up on them from three separate locations around the top floor atrium balcony…it’s almost as if this place has been designed to provide the perfect ambush opportunities with the solid balcony edges providing ample cover from below, but limited help when being fired on from above…

Isaint, now all too visible, is targeted by a runner from cover near the head of the atrium stairs.  From the bulk of him he is likely also an orc, dressed in ‘runner black’ and wielding a sound suppressed assault rifle.  A second figure sets up a vicious cross fire from Isaint’s right making seeking cover particularly difficult…

The rounds raining down on Al come from a barely seen figure to the southeast side of the atrium, cloaked in some kind of chameleon suit…

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #231 on: <05-21-15/1722:28> »
Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Oxford. Primary Extraction Team

'Nice of them to use non-lethal. Only fair to reciprocate.'
"St. George lend me strength"
[spoiler]
Agility-Boost: Agility Boost: 7d6t5 0 [7d6t5=3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, 3]
Drain: 10d6t5 1 [10d6t5=1, 6, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4, 1, 2]
Well, that could have gone better.

Simple Action: Shoot the Ork: Low Light Vision, Smartlink, Thermovision, Hawkeye (Probably irrelevant with a rifle at those distances), Vitals (+2DV -4 Dice) Gel Ammo: 13S AP -2
Shoot the Ork: 10d6t5 6 [10d6t5=6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 6, 2, 6, 5, 5]

New Ini: 23

[/spoiler]

For a horrible moment, Isaint felt nothing. No connection, no protection. Yet he had to act. Resolved he moved the rifle until the holo-cross hair had the Ork's head inside. He pulled the trigger and didn't wait for the answer.
Instead he moved towards the stairs to get at least a semblance of cover.
« Last Edit: <05-22-15/1645:45> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #232 on: <05-21-15/1726:13> »

There she was, sporting some sort of high-tech gizmo ninja duds.

Zeroing in, Al's gravel voice crunched softly into his lapel mic: <<Contact. Target top level.>>

Then he squeezed the trigger, sending a tungsten carbide penetrator gift-wrapped in a thirty-ought-six cupronickel jacket winging towards her forehead.

Or at least where he'd thought her forehead was.

Ducking out of the way of her return fire, he started his voodoo chant then popped back up and took his time with the next one...

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <05-21-15/1841:39> »
*A drake?* thought Mel. *This evening just got a lot more interesting.* The elven woman tucked that bit of information away, but got to thinking about what they would have to do if this new player wanted to interfere with their plans.

Mel presented her hand to the Frenchman and asked him "How about a dance?" She would use the opportunity the dance would offer her to look around the room from different angles and spot any escape routes they could eventually need should they be forced to flee.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #234 on: <05-21-15/2056:00> »

The blackish drool becomes a full torrent as daddy spews acid up onto the wall thats about  level with the balcony

<<All. Targets, fourth floor, Trying to take knock a hole in the wall to give a clear shot, Look for light smoke>>

Daddy dove close to the banister before looking for his next target, words already starting to slide from his mouth along with a blackish looking bile
« Last Edit: <05-22-15/2042:03> by DrZombol »
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #235 on: <05-21-15/2200:40> »
@daddy"roger awaiting opening as soon as I get one I'll lay em out.  Changing positions to provide best line of sight to said area he then goes prone an d holds to the sight."Shepards we shall be"
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #236 on: <05-21-15/2353:22> »
The Frenchman was a little surprised at Mel's request but after a split second of reflection was more than happy to oblige.
It would give him a good opportunity to observe what was going on with Solo and Rachel, and more so, try to spot the body guards.  Did Mel had the same idea or was just dying to dance with him?
He grabbed her hand and gently swirled her into his arms.  Try not to enjoy it too much, ma belle, we still have a damsel to steal. he whispered in her ear, an amused grin on his face.

They arrived appearing as a couple, at least they were looking the part. Having the Elf in his arm was quite a treat though. Her skinny body was ripped, every muscle worked up to its full potential. He could feel her grace and agility in every step they were taking. Sure she was stunning to look at, but that wasn't the first pretty elf he has seen. But now that they were in a more intimate position and hold, he felt how she was way more than just the look. The Frenchman suddenly felt regret he had to look away, they couldn't afford to delay more that mission though.

<<Let's do this.>> he sent a mental text message to Solo, hoping he would be able to convince Rachel to simply go with the plan.

Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #237 on: <05-22-15/0417:31> »
Solo held Rachel firmly and led the dance. He enjoyed the feeling of her warm body close to him... that genius mathematician is a lucky man he thought to himself as they shared their dance.

Once he received the message from Frenchman he knew that they are ready to handle a refusal as well... "I am here for the relocation requested by your husband... " he said... "We should leave now before it get dangerous we are also taking your husband and the kids..." he added.
Feeling her body stiffens, Solo reassures her... "It will be alright... we know what we are doing. just keep dancing and smile..."... after a short while he adds: "It is safer for you and the kids if you follows us willingly... increase the chance of avoiding a gunfight."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #238 on: <05-22-15/0839:32> »
[Wednesday June 17th, 2076, ~23:30, Various Locations, Oxford]

@Randolph Team [Mel, Solo, Frenchman]:

Rachel looks at Solo in no small amount of alarm but is composed enough to keep dancing, although her smile falters and dies…

“Tonight?  Already? Is this because of what’s happening in Boston?  I knew… never mind, you don’t need to hear about that… ok, I’m ready, just tell me what I have to do!”

As Mel and the Frenchman glide around the floor with exquisite grace you become aware of a certain flow to the crowd and suddenly a very young looking lady is smiling up at you both with innocent ease…the Lady deBathyre…

“Excuse me, may I have this dance…?

I’m sorry to interrupt your display but I was curious as to who you are?  You aren’t on the guest list, or you weren’t until a short time ago, and as I invited everyone I thought I’d come and introduce myself.  Are you and your lovely companion enjoying the party?”

@North Oxford Team [Smiley, Tobis, Hallucination]:

Smiley’s drunken knocking brings a rather disgruntled looking individual to the door, clearly having had a little something to ‘take the edge off’ himself given his rather flushed complexion…

What!

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #239 on: <05-22-15/1029:30> »
[Wednesday, June 28th, 2076, 〜23:30, Randolph Hotel, Oxford]

"Not at all, I needed to freshen up anyways" answered Mel in the most neutral American accent she could pull as she handed her dancing partner to Lady deBathyre. She made sure she passed by Solo on her way to the bathroom, giving him a "right now" look. She also took a quick but careful look at Rachel, trying to memorize the right colour of dress she was wearing as well as her general appearance and any other feature that she would need to replicate. Once she was in the bathroom, Mel looked around to make sure the restroom was both empty and secure.

[spoiler]Just let me know Aria if anybody is in the bathroom and Mel will find a way to get rid of them.

And by the way, are we in 2075 or 2076?[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Register