NEWS

[5e IC] Circles of Power [2076 Game Thread]

• 1361 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <05-15-15/1753:38> »
Wednesday, June 17th, 2075, Oxford. Primary Extraction Team
<<Roger, will do>> Isaint couldn't spare anymore words or indeed brain capacity. Getting through this ward was harder than expected...
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-16-15/0124:19> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #166 on: <05-15-15/1808:56> »
Aaron sees his commlink light up and checks the message. "Duke" wanted some cover apparently. He jammed out a quick reply.
<< [Duke] Hi Duke. Who gave you my id? >>
Aaron was new to this Shadow Running thing, but he was pretty sure you ought not just answer the first comm call that knows your nickname. After all, there was another runner team out there, and they might be clever.
Then, after a moment, he decided to go ahead and press for some more info. What could it hurt?
<< [Duke] What observation tower? >>
"Spotter" eh? Maybe it's just a recon job. he thought to himself as he pocketed his comm to take inventory: 5 arrows, a loaded Omni, and a speedloader with standard rounds; no explosive arrows or bullets; armor vest, but no body armor; no slap patches, no gas mask. But at least he had his flashlight. And, of course, his very expensive augments. Perhaps a little lean, but surely Torrent wouldn't toss him in the deep end his first time out. It was just playing backup to some recon job, almost certainly. Still, Aaron could feel himself getting a little tense.
I'll just grab a beer while I wait for details. No harm in that.
He set off north to cross the river and head east into town, trying to stay out of sight. Lots of people don't like orks, especially big ones, and carrying a bow around just makes you look like some kind of mad critter hunter. Best not to be in front of too many eyes.
[spoiler]Sneaking: 12d6t5: 3 [12d6t5=2, 1, 3, 6, 2, 2, 5, 2, 5, 2, 4, 1][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/1811:28> by pistolgrip »

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« Reply #167 on: <05-15-15/1817:17> »
"torrent gave it to me if you want ask im sure he'll tell ya the same.Also it the only observation tower ive seen in oxford but its the one near the math building. by the way bring gear we are running overwatch im set up her for potential pursuit shut down i dont want someone sneaking up on me i prefer to be the one killing silently."
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #168 on: <05-15-15/1840:17> »
Aaron jogged along the bridge with little cover but a strong appreciation of humans' poor night vision. Then the message hit his image link. For a moment he panicked, fearing someone might have seen or overheard. Killing? Ah man, I'm going to end up on the news... He kept jogging until he was across the bridge. The Oxford campus was within sight, but he wasn't sure exactly what to look for. He'd forgotten to notice any "observation tower"s on his way out. But from the sound of it, it would be some place high up. Duke had probably sent coordinates, but Aaron's Meta Link was already a year old and the nav on it was hit and miss. He decided not to bother, instead skulking towards the campus and keeping an eye out for something that looked like a tower for observing or, just as good, people that looked like Shadowrunners.
<< [Duke] I'll be there in 10 or so. I have a few arrows, but nothing big. Yes, arrows, like archery. Don't judge. >>

[spoiler]3[/spoiler]

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #169 on: <05-15-15/1920:24> »
>>No problem, 30 minutes is good.

Sarah crawled from the back of the van to the passenger seat and took another look at the house. "Back us out of sight. The guard might get suspicious if we just sit here for half an hour and nobody gets in or out. Or we need to do something to make it look like we came here for a reason. Maybe we should go out and grab a pizza or something?" she said. She went back to the back of the van and grabbed her armored jacket from where she had grabbed it on and tightened the straps till she had a snug fit. While doing this she realized what she just said to Tobies could be interpreted as and hit her head against the wall. Not that she didn't like the changeling, but she didn't know anything about him. Gaah, sometime I need to think before speaking she thought to herself. Hopefully the changeling hadn't noticed the head pounding. Jacket on she got back into the front of the van.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #170 on: <05-15-15/1939:17> »
Tobbis over hears her comments, this was one of the lovely things about having devices that streamed data to you while you were in VR, you never really had to be in a position where you couldn't see things going on, or hear them.

Of course, he wouldn't ever really think anything along those lines.. rather "Well, what we could do is have me pretend to be your kid. And that we were doing something related to that here."

Slipping out of VR he sits up and pulls the Satlink out of his datawire. "In the mean while, you're right. We don't want people to see us here, though we're pretty well hidden here."
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <05-15-15/2037:05> »
"Um, yeah, sure, let's do that." Sarah said, then she stared down at her armored jacket and said "And I just went to all the trouble of putting this on."

>>To: Smiley
We're heading to somewhere else for the half-hour. Be suspicious to just stay outside the house for that amount of time.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #172 on: <05-15-15/2119:26> »
"Well, normal people still wear armor too. Lots of them. What would you do if someone came running in shooting bullets at you? Anycase..still don't have a plan for the watcher spirit. I think the best way is to just get the kids and get out of there. I wonder if they're watching any trios right now."

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #173 on: <05-15-15/2141:11> »
"Stunbolt, then if they they were really unlikeable I'd do Smiley's trick. Nothing really stops people from chasing you then threatening to release some rather embaressing photos on the Matrix." Sarah said "But my point being this is a professor's kids. So this should be an upscale part of the city right? So armor may be more conspicous here than anywhere else. But if it isn't, I'm all for not taking it off. London's cold enough already."
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <05-15-15/2155:10> »
[Wednesday, June 17, 2075, Oxford, Wife Team]

Mel took the Frenchman's arm and answered "Monsieur" with an English accent, nodding at him and bending a little at the knees, a slight smile on her face. She had left both her firearm and her taser in the car, and, after having studied what other attendees were wearing, had changed the colour of her body armour to be a glittery, smoky charcoal colour, with the tightness of her second skin accentuating her curves. She wasn't looking to draw any unwanted attention, but wanted to make sure she belonged with that crowd.

[spoiler]Post count:10[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <05-16-15/0115:23> »
>> (to Sarah and Tobbis) Did Tobbis already lock down the house's node and verify the onsite security??  From the description this should be easy as long as we don't screw around with the astral and bring any magical security down on us.

adamu

« Reply #176 on: <05-16-15/0524:39> »

The ork's eyes were shut, but his body was twitching erratically. Al hauled the door open, assuming the albino was stuck in a biofeedback loop with some nasty black ice, but once he had a better view inside the car, he saw both his colleague's Hermes Ikon and Renraku Tsurugi  lying forgotten on the floor.

Shit. Devil at work, plain and simple.

He gave the hacker a solid slap. "Hey there, wakey wakey. We's onna clock, boy." Al took a long pull from his beer. "Try ta act like a pro. Yer teammate's alone inna hot zone an' callin' fer a door-open."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #177 on: <05-16-15/1021:12> »
Feeling himself more of a Decker than anything else Solo carefully kept his distance from Mel and the Frenchman... the two held hands and looked sort of like a couple. Frenchman and Mel and me and a spirit... one big happy family. He kept the spirit a few kilometers away in the astral, far enough not to draw attention but close enough to reach their aid within matter of seconds. While walking peacefully he found himself scanning the matrix... he was looking for devices that run silently or anything out of the ordinary. If there was another team they may make a mistake - and if they do... He will find them.

As for himself... he felt that disguising as a comlink hiding in plain sight is more apropriate as there may be hundreds of comlinks within their vicinity.
He missed the smell of the matrix in hot sim and he missed the tingling sensation of a spell augmenting his natural abilities but... these were not apropriate at the moment and he was an accomplished decker even without these tricks.

[spoiler]
Solo performs Matrix perception:  (in AR)
He rolls 6 inutition + 6 skills + 2 speciality + 2 adept power = 16 dice.
Limit is 6.
Matrix Perception: 16d6t5 6
[16d6t5=6, 6, 2, 5, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2, 6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 3]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-16-15/1031:23> by gilga »

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #178 on: <05-16-15/1231:13> »
[Tobbis -Wednesday June 17th, 2076 - At  Manor in his Jackrabbit with Sarah - Kid Extraction team - Current condition 2 Stun damage[/color - Going back in VR in Hot-Sim - reSetting up Satlink ]
Moving the car a bit further away on Sarah's request, he did a quick look through the matrix to find a back alley or so to park the car after a flinch from the pain he felt coming back in. As long as they didn't keep the doors open, turning off the lights of the car would allow them to look like, at least from a meatworld perspective, that there wasn't anyone in the car in the first place. He opened his sat link again and plugged in.

"We'll stay here for now.. I've got some work to do apparently."

To Smiley, Hallucination
<<Nobody uses nodes anymore, not ever since a few years ago when they redid the matrix.. again. Doing Hacking right now would be dangerous, as doing too much of it will alert the fuzz, nevermind the security in the local area. I'll need to make sure you guys are ready before I get seriously hacking at all. Cause if nothing else, I can use brute force, but using it a half hour later would give them too much time.>>

However that doesn't mean he can't do more base line matrix based things. And so he begins probing the house to find all the matrix icons he can get.

[spoiler]18th Post
Matrix Perception for low activity back alley: 11d6t5 1 11d6t5: 1 [11d6t5=4, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4]
Matrix Perception on the house for things: 11d6t5 5 11d6t5: 5 [11d6t5=2, 1, 1, 4, 5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 5, 5]

As far as noise goes, I've got a datajack on wireless (Silent of course, slaved to my commlink.) And Flensel fabric rating 3 also wireless (Silent, slaved to commlink as well)

And I'm running silent as well, and took off the hotsim thing.. but forgot to add in the technomancer bonus for perc checks.
Technobonus for Alley check.: 2d6t5 1 2d6t5: 1 [2d6t5=5, 1]
Technobonus for house check.: 2d6t5 0 2d6t5: 0 [2d6t5=1, 1]

Just wow. Four dice, 3 ones. I'm so glad that those +2 dice on the house check didn't manage to make it into a glitch. Cause that would have been redonkulous! But the dice roller so darn well tried to.

[/spoiler]

DrZombol

• Newb
  • well . . . . that didn't work
« Reply #179 on: <05-16-15/1827:45> »

Whats going on with snow, He alright? daddy walked up and watch Al slap the ork as Snow lay in the car

New players this late in the game, although i won't say no to help, is strange, There is a lot of cash being shelled out here, what the hell is this principle working on to warrant this kind of extraction

<<To Duke>>Heya duke, welcome to the show, Names Daddy good to be working with ya, we have one sneaking around Invisible now, and i dunno if anyone managed to send ya a snap of him, Did anyone else send you images of the rest of us?>> Love Daddy

[spoiler]Post count 18[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-16-15/1831:20> by DrZombol »
RED = Thoughts
GREEN= Matrix
BLUE= Speech
PURPLE= Latin

Register