NEWS

Sprawl Wilds 5th Ed Matrix stuff

• 8 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <03-16-15/1643:34> »
Just wondering if there's ever been any kind of official errata or FAQ to update the Sprawl Wilds matrix stuff to 5th Edition... was really great to see both versions covered in London Falling, but it kind of makes the oversight glaring in Sprawl Wilds.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <03-16-15/1704:06> »
This would be interesting.  I haven't heard anything about anyone attempting to do this (fan or otherwise).  Might be tricky though without knowing more rules about the Matrix.  Perhaps someone could tackle this after Data Trails is released?
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-16-15/1733:24> »
Interesting. I thought Sprawl Wilds was dual statted. Is this not the case?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <03-16-15/1734:26> »
It is, but the matrix stuff wasn't fully fleshed out, IIRC
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-16-15/1744:38> »
Yup, Matrix stuff is all still using 4th Ed stats and terminology.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-16-15/1838:25> »
Quick-n-dirty approach: replace any personal node with a commlink device or pan of approximately equal rating (response = device rating), and replace any non-personal node with a host of comparable rating (response + 3 = host rating). Remove all references to programs and IC and use the 5th Edition equivalents.

Look to other published adventures for guidance on how they run hosts.

I'll take a stab at doing a conversion during the week.

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <04-03-15/0511:45> »
What in particular are you interested in? I have the german version of the book and it is SR5 only, so maybe they converted some things with more detail? My book doesn't have the murder-hunt mission, though.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-03-15/2001:35> »
Given the group has a dedicated decker the two main things I'd be looking at are the Fire Suppression and Ventilation Control systems from Ashes and possibly the Tri-D Studio Host from Carbon Copy.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

prionic6

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <04-04-15/0226:44> »
- My book doesn't give any matrix information for the fire supression system, as far as I see. It's supposed to be fixed by hardware tests.
- The ventilation system is described as a "node" with device rating 4, data bomb 4 and some IC that's presumably still SR4 (e.g. Armor). But the surveillance system is described as similar to the ventilation system and has stats:

Host Rating 4
Attack 4
Sleaze 5
Data Processing 6
Firewall 7
IC: Patrol, Tar Baby, Scramble

- I don't have Carbon Copy, it was taken out of the German version and released as a PDF only