NEWS

[5e IC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

  • 297 Replies
  • 30295 Views

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #15 on: (20:44:35/01-22-15) »
Sister Rebecca makes a mental note to herself. That cutting device is far quieter than mine. I should acquire one soon. Peering down into the darkness and aided by her thermal vision, she's not happy with what she sees. Electricity and water are seldom quaint bedfellows. Could this be a trap? As she waits for Achaks signal to follow, a message pops up from Stake.

<<@Team [Stake] It's flooded here too; no heat signatures, except for the generators. My guess is that's it's been flooded for a while. Sister, anything showing up on the Astral?>>

<<@Team [Third] The astral is clean. Are we certain this isn't a trap? How do vampires fair against electric shock?>>

"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #16 on: (22:06:27/01-22-15) »
<<@Team [Third] The astral is clean. Are we certain this isn't a trap? How do vampires fair against electric shock?>>

'How do vampires fair against electric shock?' Well, it's certainly an interesting question.

<<@Team [Stake] They aren't showing up on the Astral and there are no heat signatures. I think it's fairly safe to say this room is cleared. They deal with electric shock about as well as a normal metahuman, they still conduct. I highly doubt that it's a trap, vampires work terribly with water; they usually sink.>>

After a few moments, he sends out:

<<@Team [Stake] I think taking out the generators is a decent idea. Just wait to do it. I want to make sure we have the first two floors cleared. It wouldn't do to shut down the club and have the vampires flee with the panicking people. Once we have those floors secured, we can disable the generators and get rid of any innocent bystanders. Any ideas how to deal with the alerted security without killing them? I could try talking to them, and we could probably knock them out, but that will leave us busy; we won't be able to hunt down the vampires.>>
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3721
« Reply #17 on: (00:38:10/01-23-15) »
Achak reviews the Plan.ARO via the image link in his contacts.

>>> Step 1: Preliminary scouting. Complete.
>>> Step 2: Clear the sub-basement. Complete. John baptised with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.
>>> Step 3: Stake and Sister Rebecca clear the first floor, using spirits to look for dual-natured entities.

Achak straightens up, searching for where his alternative entrance might be. He remembers that there were two rear entrances. He hops from the ledge beneath the grate back to street level, and then goes to stealthily investigate the other doors.

<<@Team [Achak] El premio y el castigo. Intimidate who you can; bribe who you cannot.>> Achak had never seen anyone better at that one-two combo than Stake.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #18 on: (11:33:54/01-23-15) »
When the team drops down into the basement, they come up to their mid-thighs in cold, still, water.  From inside, the blare of the music is unmistakable, and somewhat distracting. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqWQAeaxjM

As the team follows the wiring, they turn a corner and are faced with a well-lit stairwell.  In the light, they can see the water vibrating gently to the bass of the music upstairs.  Ghost it's loud.  The wiring continues along the ceiling, and is threaded through a steel gate, fashioned with a mechanical lock.  Before ascending, the team follows the basement further down, where it opens up into another big room, mostly filled with the detritus of civilized meta-humanity -- Nerps! cans, and soiled rags float on the surface, while Achak catches a turned-over shelf with his boot, and nearly loses his footing.  At the end of the second "room" another well-lit stairway leads up, this one to a shelf that's been well-stocked with synth vodka, Nerps!, and other alcohols.  It's possible to get by this way, but not nearly as quiet.  Still, with the music upstairs, who would notice?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3721
« Reply #19 on: (02:17:23/01-26-15) »
Achak splashes down in the water, his head ringing from the music upstairs. He feels like a dog trapped inside a firework show. It compels him to turn down the sensitivity on his earbuds, hoping the helmet will dampen some of the worst of it. Luckily the ass-rattling beats upstairs are all about the bass and his hearing is most sensitive at high-frequencies, not low. If it had been the other way around he might be back in the Bulldog with a seat cushion over his head. As it is, his highly refined nose is rebuking him over the current environment. He mentally activates the chemical seal on his armor to give himself some respite. Nearly tripping only reinforces his decision.

This, this is why you wear full combat armor with a chemical seal impermeable to gas or liquid, he thinks to himself, pushing his way through a flotilla of debris. Oh, and for the vampires, I suppose.

It's dark and loud. He waves his Ares Crusader around, not so much to clear the room of targets but to shine the low-light flashlight to and fro to better philosophize about his current situation. His foot squishes something of uncertain origin, and his mind turns to Ecclesiastes for comfort: I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot.

But, still, disgusting.

Achak contemplates the options facing him and Sister Rebecca. Unlock the metal grate and ascend into the light? Or push down some shelving and break a bunch of liquor? Looking back at Sister Rebecca, he considers what she's wearing. The armor jacket is innocuous enough, although not exactly clubbing material. The helmet, well that's a fashion no-no except in the Z-zones. Being wet up to the thighs is a social setback, the Sword of Gabriel is a little bit more than a conversation starter, and the grenade launcher with underbarrel monofilament chainsaw? Can't tuck that under your shirt. He turns away from the metal crate to head for the shelving. A pity: mechanical locks are fun.

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #20 on: (13:15:46/02-05-15) »
Stake shakes his head as the others descend into the water. He had to do worse in his time, but he did not envy them. He climbed up from the ledge and started heading towards the front of the club. Subvocally, he says, "3L1, position one of your drones to cover the two back entries; I'm going in from the front. Sister, you ready to enter the club from the basement? We're going to need your sight to make sure none of our targets are trying to hide themselves among the innocents."

He examines the bouncer standing at the door. Clearly, he was rocking some kind of augmentations. Stake could probably take him, but he'd rather not draw attention to himself. He tucks the borrowed Ares Alpha under his jacket, and palms a credstick in his hand. The Alpha would be obvious if the bouncer thoroughly checked him out, but it was better than nothing. Hopefully, he could get through without a fuss, but if not, well, that's what the credstick was for. A little bribe never hurt anyone.

He walked towards the front door, approaching the Elf.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

Poindexter

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3844
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #21 on: (13:26:55/02-05-15) »
"Sister, you ready to enter the club from the basement? We're going to need your sight to make sure none of our targets are trying to hide themselves among the innocents."

Crouched on the stairs in a ready position behind the massive Achak, Sister Rebecca grips her sword tightly with both hands. Responding into her helmets mouthpiece, she whispers, "Ready on your signal." She breathes steadily and tries to keep her mind calm and her senses crisp.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3721
« Reply #22 on: (23:32:02/02-05-15) »
Achak, seeing both stairwells are well-lit, decides to tackle the lock after all. If the lighting is the same both ways then perhaps it would be best to go quiet rather than loud. And why would God invent lockpicks if not for man to use them?

His hands move to the pouches on his armor that hold his tools. He could do this lock with lockpicks, he knows. He has the time, and he's tempted to do so to show off to the new recruit. But no, he rebukes himself. No ego. Ego is what got Yohan killed, he remembers bitterly. He pulls his autopicker and slots it into the lock. The autopicker whirrs and the lock dutifully opens seconds later.

Achak grabs the lock and sets it aside, then pushes the grate to clear the way for Sister Rebecca.

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #23 on: (12:14:50/02-06-15) »
@Achak and Becca

The grate opens dutifully, clearing the way up the stairs.  The pair make it to the first landing, advancing carefully, before they get a comm from Elijah.

<<@Team [3L1] 1 landing between basement and ground level.  Bottle stairs lead behind the bar.  3 bartenders, 4 cameras.  Other stairs lead to back of club and continue up.  I've got 1 guy working security, back to the stairs.  Looks like 1 camera watching from another landing pointing down.  Wiring extends into club proper and leads upstairs.>>

@Stake

Stake approaches the bouncer as a couple of sari-men exit the club, their arms draped around each other, as they stumble out.  The bouncer gives them a disdainful glare before noticing Stake.  He holds up a hand, palm extended toward Stake.  "Hold on their chief.  Cover is 20.  Imma need to pat you down in that getup."

@All

A moment or so later, the team receives another comm from Elijah.

<<@Team [3L1] I've got no matrix icons for the camera on the stairs. No wires coming from it either on the video feed. Think it's a dummy. >>
« Last Edit: (14:31:19/02-06-15) by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3721
« Reply #24 on: (02:23:07/02-09-15) »
Achak leads the way, intending to slip behind the guard. Suddenly his is slipping literally: his foot, wet from the water of the basement, can't find any purchase on the stairs. Achak's feet are silent, as always, but the rest of him won't be if he faceplants into the stairs and slides down them, clattering all the way. He grabs the banister, catching himself before he crashes to the ground. After glancing to see if the guard noticed - he didn't - Achak looks up toward Heaven. I get it; no ego. His cheeks puff as he exhales. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Including these stairs.

He advances toward the second floor, taking care to look away from the camera just in case it isn't a dummy after all. He signals Sister Rebecca after determining the way is clear.

<<@Team [Achak] Sister, let us not over-complicate things by trying to get past the guard, especially with a sword and chainsaw. The second floor looks down on the first; we will find you a perch to scan the crowd for the Lost Boys. God willing, your angel may scout whatever you cannot get an angle on. I will be your keeper.>>

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #25 on: (04:40:40/02-09-15) »
Stake hands over a credstick, which the bouncer quickly slots and removes 20 nuyen from. The bouncer tosses it back to Stake, who catches it and puts it back in his pocket. The bouncer moves closer and motions Stake to receive a pat down. Before he can move in, Stake forcefully says, "I wouldn't. I doubt Himura-san would appreciate you getting in the way of the man he sent for." He looks the bouncer up and down, nodding in approval. "You look like a competent young man; I wouldn't want you to get into trouble with Himura-san over a simple misunderstanding."
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #26 on: (13:25:27/02-09-15) »
@Stake

The bouncer withdraws his hand as Stake speaks, obviously taken aback by him mentioned Himura.  Then, he narrows his eyes, and regards the armored up combat monster in front of him suspiciously.  "Imma have to call this in, what did you say your name was?"

@Achak,

Achak clears the stairs and begins ascending to the second floor.  Luckily, he doesn't see any guards watching his approach.  Careful now, and on the lookout, he peers around the corner to the balcony.  The hallways aren't as narrow as he would've guessed from the brief look he gave up on the ground floor.  There are a row of apartment doors, and some tables set up to overlook the crowded dance floor.  A few humans in suits sit around a few of the tables, pouring from bottles of synthahol, and one of the doors opens.  A scantily clad elf exits first, then a man in slacks and a dress shirt, his jacket draped over his arm, exits behind her.  She goes to join his buddies, takes a quick shot, and another man stands to follow the elf back into the apartment.

@Sister Rebecca,

Sister Rebecca makes her way up the stairs, careful to plant her feet slowly and roll to the instep, so as to avoid making any noise.  She makes her way up the stairs without being spotted, and begins to ascend the second set when, glancing behind her, she sees the guard begin to turn.  He jerks his head around quickly to take in the sight of a figure in an armored jacket, clutching a sword and wearing a helmet.  He opens his mouth to speak.
« Last Edit: (15:36:44/02-09-15) by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #27 on: (23:18:24/02-09-15) »
"If you must. My name is Noboru." Stake pretends to be agitated, but as he speaks he's mentally calculating just how quickly he can take the bouncer out. I really need to get a hold of some Laes, that would make this so much easier. Damn me and my old-fashioned ways.

He's going to need to eject his clip, put in a clip with Gel Rounds, and then he can take him down. All while the guy is watching him. Shit, this is not going according to plan. And I'm supposed to be the veteran of this group.

Stake hides his nervousness as he waits for the Elf to turn, his hand drifting towards the borrowed Alpha under his jacket.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread

rednblack

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3225
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #28 on: (08:32:07/02-10-15) »
@Sister Rebecca and Achak,

As the guard turns his head and opens his mouth, Sister Rebecca dashes up the stairs, comming her teammates as she goes.

<<@Team [Sister Rebecca] I'm spotted. Guard in stairwell. Evading.>>

Behind her, she can barely make out something being said in Japanese over the music, but she does not feel the guard coming up behind her, and Sister Rebecca is able to turn on the landing and break line of sight while the guard is still standing dumbstruck.  On the second set of stairs, she sees Achak, who has positioned himself against the wall on the top two steps.

@Stake,

"If you must. My name is Noboru." Stake pretends to be agitated, but as he speaks he's mentally calculating just how quickly he can take the bouncer out.

"Noboru, huh?  Listen, omae, I know Noboru, and you sure as shit ain't him.  Thanks for the tip and all," he says gesturing toward the credstick, "but maybe you outta just get going, huh?"

The bouncer cocks her head to the right, as if he's listening to something being said in his ear.  Stake can see the realization beginning to dawn on his face, the way his eyes begin to widen and his face drops.  The elf pulls back his lined coat and begins to cross-draw, but Stake is one step ahead.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
« Reply #29 on: (11:14:40/02-10-15) »
"Noboru, huh?  Listen, omae, I know Noboru, and you sure as shit ain't him.  Thanks for the tip and all," he says gesturing toward the credstick, "but maybe you outta just get going, huh?"

Ah, shit.

As the Bouncer turns his head, Stake reacts at razor sharp speeds, thanks to his augmentations. He mentally sends a command to his smartgun to eject his clip, pulls out the Assault Rifle, and reaches for the clip of Gel Rounds with his other hand. He sends out a message to his teammates:

<<@Team [Stake] Bouncer's giving me trouble, taking him down.>>

He slams the clip into the gun and raises it up, aiming right at the bouncer.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal, Whisper

Allergies' Thread